Phantis Forums

WCQ: Georgia - GREECE

Ziaka

I saw the goal Nikopolidis conceded and even though the video seemed to slow everything down, if the shot was coming that hard and Nikopolidis knew that he couldn't catch it, he could have parried it wide (and far) for our defense to clear. It's a mistake, mistakes happen, but agree with me on the fact that this is not the same Antonis Nikopolidis who played probably the best games of his life during the Euro 2004. The whole saga with him going from PAO to OSFP shouldn't be the focus of anyone's argument towards him being benched with the NT. Though, I will agree that his formed has definatly dropped (considerably) since the Euro (and subsequently his transfer). Otherwise, Halkias shouldn't even be named in our squad (considering his recent form) :rolleyes: :ph34r: .

I'll agree with the fact that we've gotta (by default) keep him in goal for now during these qualifiers. Contrary to what drakos13 said, Halkias has not made it back into form. If anything Halkias is getting worse, as he's now on the bench behind young 3rd-choice Jaime Ashdown at Portsmouth. Yaniotis1 was right on with Katerginakis doing well w/ Caligari before getting dumped (mysteriously/ without real reason). If he were still playing, I think he'd be our back-up. I'd like to see Ginanou or Kostolis (our U-23/U-21 GK, right?) get some time (along with Gekkas, Amanitidis, and Salp at forward), though Otto won't do this till either the Confed Cup or friendly games. Right now, we should bury this and focus on beating Albania! :box: :tup: :gr: .

FORZA ELLAS! :box: :tup: :nw: :gr:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitter? No way. You have no clue how much better off we are without him. The only thing that pisses me off is that the gays are too thick headed and childish to realize how god awful he is and how much he has cost you this season and they still support him like idiots just cause he left pao and came to oly.

the only thing thick headed and childish here is u

your the one that is leading this charge for the head of Nikopolidis

who were one of those u attacked Olympiakos fans for not being with the national team and siding with the club more then the nation

your a straight up hypocrit

i mean we won this game pretty easy

we had alot of changes and a new formation

Nikopolidis did blow it again but he still makes the big save when needed

i mean if the national team had your mindset we would have lost this game 4-0 b/c u would still be stuck on the blunder goal instead of looking to get back into the game

u are one of those that some how want Nikopolidis to blow a goal but to some how win the game

go figure

if Nikopolidis really blows one then u can bitch all u want till then pip down

back to Ellas keep on winning

Watch out for Ambaris of Iraklis Salonica and Sifakis of OFI Crete, they've shown they are more than capable at filling in.

For the moment though, Antonis is by FAR the best Greece pocesses at the position, and I think even the most fanatical Anti-Olympiakoi will agree with this, even considering his de-form state at the moment.

Great game by our boys... I am both sad and happy... Actually more towards happy because:

We have a very good team with the right attitude, very passionate and very skilfull... Rehagel's tactics worked very well, Goumas was a surprise but he was probably the best player on the field, along with Karagouna, Basina, Zagoraki and Giannakopoulo but we shouldnt distinguish any players because it wasa great effort from everyone....

The sad part? Simple.... WATCHING 10 MEN RUN LIKE CRAZY, FIGHTING HARD, GIVING EVERYTHING AND ON THE OTHER HAND WATCHING ONE A*******E PLAYING HIS ***** UNDERNEATH THE POST!!! I can't understand why Rehagel still puts up with this idiot... He is the main reason why we are struggling to go through to the world cup...

And to all those Adonaki-lovers... You all know that my inside information is always accurate and I don't speak b****t!!! Remember I was the one who said that it was a FACT that Adonaki signed with geys before he spoke to PAO. And months later it was proved!!! Now I tell you.... People from WITHIN Olympiakos say that this guy has become lazy, doesn't work at all in practice, doesn't train and obviously he knows and exploits the fact tha he is still the only descent Greek keeper, therefore no competition for his place at all.... Even the gey-roi who speak in favour of him, I can't understand your blindness!!! Can't you see that not only he destroys NT efforts but also he has made too many mistakes at Thrynos as well and he is ONE of the MAIN reasons that you are 2 points behind us in the league...

I am telling you, it is not a coincidence that since he went at Thrynos he has become a Karagiozis... Apart from his lack of training and his lazyness (which I tell you it is confirmed) he has also been involved in non-football activities such as commercials (Vodafone, McDonalds etc etc), but also to many statements in the press that caused problems..... If you want to be in favour of him, the fine, but then don't complain if we are going to watch the World Cup from our couches...

Just a reminder....

Points lost:

1 Against Albania (If not 3 because his mistake led to the 2nd goal)

CRITICAL mistake, in the 2nd goal from a 40 meter free kick which went to the MIDDLE of the goal and Adonaki simple watched the ball...

3 Against Ukraine

Everybody remembers his error when the ball went under his feet and hands, with the non-existing Ukraine opening the score!!!

Almost 2 against Denmark

We simply dominated this match in the first half and Adonis gifted the goal to the Danes... They came back very strong in the second half and almost equilised.... He made some good saves at the end, but this is no excuse as he was the one who basically got them back in the game...

Almost 2 against Georgia

This was a disgraceful save... Even I could stop that shot!!! Also he made a classic error in the 88th minute where nobody seems to have noticed...

Anyway something has to be done fast.. I agree that we have no descent keeper toback Adonaki up in the NT. But all I am saying is that we have to give someone else a chance, just for Adonaki to feel some pressure and start performing again!!!!

:LOL:

No ....

I dont trust your sources pappou.

Olympiakos have signed (after his term at AEK), a Serb GK coach named (I think) Michailovic.

He was one of the reasons why Xiotis was transformed in his first season with us back then.

well you may as well be right, and maybe Dusan plans to replace him, but knowing Dusans reluctancy to use younger people early this might be byuing time for Antonis (just to go along with your scenario) BUT ... lazyness under that coach!?

I dont think so!

Tell me smart -ass... What are Bajevic's options and alternatives for replacing Adonaki? Giannou? :LOL: :LOL:

Even if Adonakis never showed up in training it would have been very hard for Bajevic to replace.... He has no alternatives.... Under PAO he was working under Oikonomopoulo and at least he was working all those years... Now because of his age and due to the circus training of Olympiakos the 35 year old Adonaki has nothing to loose if he is lazy and nothing to gain for training hard....

And you speak of Bajevic not tolerating lazyness... Are you crazy? He is the coach who is most influenced by fans, therefore he is not looking at training developments but rather to fan demands... This is why Giovanni is still playing (when nobody else is around to replace him) and this is why Adonakis still sits under the posts... And even if Adonakis is lazy... Who do you think will ever tell him something? Persias? :LOL: :LOL:

you are totally incompetent to see that we are saying the same thing :rolleyes:

I said that "OK... supose your sources are right (although I dont trust them) I understand why Bajevic still uses him. But under that Serb GK coach (and not Bajevic) I cant immagine anybody acting lazy"

Oh! Pitty about your Teams Managerzone Loss buddy! Better luck next year back in the 4.xxx divisions! :LOL:

Oh! Pitty about your Teams Managerzone Loss buddy! Better luck next year back in the 4.xxx divisions! :LOL:

I told you I will only make 2 wins in 3.2 division this year... And these wins are going to get you down with me in the 4.xxx divisions!!! :P :P

Forza Da Capo FC!!! :nw:

P.S. The game against Ouzo Power was fixed!!! One of my best defenders was sent out with a red card since the 6th minute!!! MZ has a worse paraga than Kokkalis!!!! :P

ok old man?

who do we put there?

Giannou. Chalkias..eleftheropoulos?

U think otto woule throw these guys into the mix this late intop the qualifying rounds and chance a rookie on the NT to win for us?

ela man. I am repeating this for the 3rd time.. Otto is a brilliant man How brilliant? u do remember he led us to Euro 2004 glory!!!

I would rather go with his coachong then yours simply because most of u in this forum are juding him cause he left you guys.

PS: i just hopw next week in leofors he makes teh big saves. and hopefully we win.. like that maybe you can stop this hatred u have for him simply cause he left you.

end of story

ps2: I have a feeling u want him to keep screwing up so u can bash him and turn this into an OSFP - PAO topic again/ after all there are very few posts aboyut thatfact that we won. all else is regarding Nikoi

Someone else said it well- this is not the time to mess around with goalkeeping -

Nikopolidis helped win us the EURO and we are with him for this tourney too - one thing that Otto has shown consitantly is his loyalty to players who are loyal tothe team and country -

I live in Canada and don't see too much live soccer - but I remeber watching AEK - Real Madrid a few years back and the kid they had in net - Xiotos? - was flying all over the place- is he a legitimate replacement down the road for Nikopolidis - or is it Halikias or bust?

Face it. We have no proven replacements in goal. Halkias is busted (mentally and form wise) in Portsmouth. Katerginnakis hasen't played in 3 months. Ele is riding the bench in Messina (4-5 appearences all year, hasen't played since early December). Though aside from a 5-0 dubbing by Inter Millan (his last outing; with an own goal of his thrown in) he hasen't conceded more than 1 goal per outing and has a couple of clean sheets. Xiotis has worse hands than Nikopolidis with no experience with the NT. Giannou and Kostolis are young but also don't play at all within Oly and PAO.

Besides we all make mistakes. Granted, Antonis has been making way to many as of late, but we all know that when he's on, he's damn near unbeatbale (a la Euro 2004). Should've parried/punched it wide or smothered it with his body. Oh well...

In short, we're stuck with Nikopolidis unless he gets hurt (god forbid). If that happens we're screwed in goal (to say the least).

the Xalkias busted thing is a myth. Thats a complete load of crap he has been performing just as good ( i think better) than Adonis.

Of course the geys in the forum would rule out any opinion because I dislike Adoni...... No doubt he was great in the euro but lately he has sucked its the plain truth. He is giving gifts, dropping crosses what the hell does this make him a great keeper. He WAS a great keeper. Xalkias really isnt that bad he just got a bad reputation from the incident where he was told to leave...Seriously name how he has been awful in which games, the only one people really talk about is Rosenborg, in which the field was soaking wet below zero- face it it happens. In the begining of the season he was doing amazing, now at Portsmouth he had one-two bad games but he is back doing well again but nobody remembers this of course...

We are far from screwed in goalkeepers, you guys are only remembering Nikopolidis great performance and not his performance afterwards....Xalkias IS a good and experienced keeper, as well as Abaris and Sifakis are two great promising goalkeepers and they will be fighting for the next starting spot....just because theyre not on a big team doesnt mean they arent capable of playing so they should be ruled out.

I'm basing what I'm hearing (about Halkias) on the whole 'e-bay' thing and the fact that 3rd stringer Jaime Ashdown started over him last week against Newcastle.

The whole 'e-bay' thing was with Portsmouth suporters actually advertising him as a dodgy greek goalie for transfer on E-bay. That sorta thing can't be good for anyone's confidence. Though I will give him that the EPL is obviously much higher in gameplay/quality then the Greek League, and he did replace fan favorite GK Shaka Hinslop. There's obviously a adaptation curve which I don't think he's adjusted to quickly enough, though if he does, he could definately be a good (short-term) replacement for Nikopolidis. Trust me, I saw the PAO-Arsenal highlights (double save near the end) and he can definately

play well on his day.

As for Sifakis and Abaris, I don't know really anything about them, so I can't really say whether they could make it in the NT. Better I say nothing at all (for now) then to say something stupid and get flamed for it.

lets jst wait and see the next game...

ive watched atleast 4 games with halkias in goals for portsmouth and i tell u, he looks so nervous when playing, his almost telling everyone "what am i doing here"

by the way drako & co werent u the ones saying super mario is better then chalkias and he deserved to lose his spot on the starting line up at pao??? ohhhh how easly u guys forget.......

now all of a sudden chalkias is good enough to replace andoni even though his playing the worst football of his carrer at portsmouth and towards the end of his pao carrer he got benched by an unknown cro?? please give me a break....

you guys r all bias....

P.S papou u were right, pao fans are the worst... :tdown:

the lack of pressure probably helped xioti..let's see if he continues getting better next year, with much more pressure/expectations.

Sovara milas

Ean den agorasi h AEK kanena termatofilaka.. tha ta paratiso :whistle:

(I saw one Goalkeeper (21 years young) , who is on the bench with Udinese.., AEK with him in the last 5 years... at least 2 Championships....and twice in the semi-finals in the EC.... We have the worse Goalkeepers of the whole League)....

BACK TO THE TOPIC....

Vazelia say ...... Antonis is bad

Gavrakia say..... Antonis is good

5 to 6 years back:

Vazelia said .....Antonis is good

Gavrakia laughed at Antoni (I still remember)

WATCHED THE HIGHLIGHTS ON ZDF ( One of the big German TV....Due to Otto the Germans support us).....

The German commentator, Mr. Toeperwein said...

" After his errors (Nikopolidis)... against Albania, Ukraina, Danemark and today against Georgia......slowly Otto has to ask himself... if he still wants to trust Nikopolidis for the future"

My opinion is, The problem is, that there is no other alternative.....

The only one alternative is Kotsolis..... but PAO needs to see a doctor : 3ENOMANIA.... (Giati apo to poli ...Evropeos...Evropeos...Evropeos.... O PAO den exi mono gini Evreos...alla kai 3enomanis)

Ean to pari h AEK ton Kotsoli..... se 6 - 12 mines that paisi stin Ethniki ....: Megalo Talento.... alla h 3ENOMANIS den ton dinoun eukeria gia na dethi to paidi....

If you were bothered reading my posts you will see that I have already stated that Rehaggel has no alternative so we need to stick with the useless melos unfortunately... What I have suggested though, is that against teams such as Kazakstan or Georgia at home or even Albania, Rehaggel could give somebody else a chance, just to put some pressure to the useless melos, in order to wake him up... He needs to put himself together and return to his old good self... But this I guess is going to be very dificcult since he has other activities in mind rather than playing football.... ;)

P.S. How much damage could Halkias possibly done if he played against Kazakstan in Kokkaliskaki... To be honest I too believe that Halkias is no better (Galinovic is WAY better than both of them), but at least we have to give him a chance...

And to all the geys... Think of this... If we had Halkia starting since the begining of the qualifiers is there a doubt that less damage and points lost would have been caused in our team? I certaintly think so... Perhaps Halkias would have been quite unstable but I never thought that he could make so many childish mistakes (especially the 2nd goal of Albania and the goal against Ukraine) as melos have done.... ;)

I say throw the melos in the bench for a game or two just to get him anxious again...

lets jst wait and see the next game...

ive watched atleast 4 games with halkias in goals for portsmouth and i tell u, he looks so nervous when playing, his almost telling everyone "what am i doing here"

by the way drako & co werent u the ones saying super mario is better then chalkias and he deserved to lose his spot on the starting line up at pao??? ohhhh how easly u guys forget.......

now all of a sudden chalkias is good enough to replace andoni even though his playing the worst football of his carrer at portsmouth and towards the end of his pao carrer he got benched by an unknown cro?? please give me a break....

you guys r all bias....

P.S papou u were right, pao fans are the worst... :tdown:

no you are wrong - I was the one demanding Chalkias to STAY

aek66 wrote:

pe sei...oute eva kix gia tov grammozi. dev tov blepeis syxva; eav 8eleis...exeis kamia avafopa scouter gia mas;

I m not a big fan of Grammosis... he is an average, hard fighting Football player....

Otto watches a lot of Bundesliga games and he knows, what he is doing.

Concerning the Goalkeepers... , I agree that Xalkias has earned a chance to play one game, to show what is he able too. He played one bad game ...and PAO missed the qualification for the finals in the CL

I think Xalkias chance will come in the Confederation Cup.. if Nikopolidis is not injured before.

Mr Toepperwein the TV-Journalist knows Rehhagel very well... I m sure he will talk about Nikopolidis with Otto.

P.S. How much damage could Halkias possibly done if he played against Kazakstan in Kokkaliskaki... To be honest I too believe that Halkias is no better (Galinovic is WAY better than both of them), but at least we have to give him a chance...

And to all the geys... Think of this... If we had Halkia starting since the begining of the qualifiers is there a doubt that less damage and points lost would have been caused in our team? I certaintly think so... Perhaps Halkias would have been quite unstable but I never thought that he could make so many childish mistakes (especially the 2nd goal of Albania and the goal against Ukraine) as melos have done.... ;)

yeh ok but this can go both ways

imagine chalkias starting during euro 2004??

we wouldnt have even meet france in the tournament because we would have been shown the door :whistle:

so dnt sit here n say that chalkias should have started in these world cup qualifiers because we both know thats ridiculas given how well ur so called "mellos" did in the tournament... :gr:

Well nobody argued otherwise... But there is a difference between "then" and "now"... Melos used to be a serious person back then, while now he has become a karagiozi... People change...

But apart from our character preferences the bottomline is that he is not performing at all for the NT... I didn't know that a player has Asylia for all future games if he had performed well in the past... It won't hurt anyone to leave him on the bench for a couple of games... ;)

look there was no doubt Nikopolidis was great......2 years ago from way before the euro i could have sworn he was in the top 3 best in the world...every time with PAO he was impressing and with the ethniki.......

its not the same goalkeeper anymore

now its a new era for Melos Antonios- dont bullshit yourself and say it isnt. Things have changed A LOT. He has made a huge controversial transfer to a different club, and is also a national hero....Man he doesnt have to work for his spot, its a given he will start. I dont care how far Gate 7 you are but thats true. When he was with PAO he didnt get that luxury....Chalkias was on his back the whole time and Nikopolidis also had to work to get some international recognition.

Its kind of sad that the gays of this forum wont allow any opinons or arguements/facts to settle through because we just hate him. We also support the ethniki (we dont boo them them in Karaiskaki like OSFP fans) and want the team to win every game by as much as possible. The fact is the Chalkias thing is just a myth....after one-two bad games and the Skazny fallout he just has a bad reputation....He has proven he is a great keeper and deserves his chance, he works very hard in training all year and is great at dealing with crosses and shot stopping. The fact is Adoni has screwed us many times this year in Albania, Ukraine, Denmark, Georgia...... There were some terrible errors in these games that didnt get converted to goals and people just forget about them. Nikopolidis in Tblisii not only made stupid mistakes but was also had pathetic distribution and good distribution is vital in setting up the attack. Nikopolidi has been doing stupid commercials and magazine interviews and is turning to a goalkeeping david beckham........some talent left but lazy and too obsessed with himself and his money... Chalkias is able not because he is PAO but because he is a great GREEK keeper.

As per new FIFA rule, you can change a national team, if you played only for the U-21....

but not if you have already played for the Senior Team......

(I have never seen the 2 players playing)...

Would this rule existed some years ago....then Xatzipanagis.. could have played with the Greek NT.

Today Otto announced who will be sure 100 % in the team.... He mentioned about 4-5 names.... but not Nikopolidis....

One thing that cracks me up - I mention this because we are complainng about GK- is the lack of good goalie in England - :tdown:

James?

Shilton? I like how they get scored on from half :LOL: - maybe we should count our blessing

Toldo blew the EURO 2000for Italy - I think this position is easily scrutinized

That said - I wonder why Nikoplidis was not mentioned as a starter by King Otto - maybe to light a flame under his kolo

:gr: :gr:

Archived