Phantis Forums

Velimir Zaec is history

Ziaka

"Velimer Zajec has left as a SUCCESS. In his 1 season and a bit in charge he won the double as GM."

Zaetz is NOT the one that won us the double and neither was Soum.

It was OLISADEMBE!

Zaets was actually a spy, whose personal mission was to import all the slavic crap that PAO now owns (half of them injured), secretely wishing for a Greater Croatia reaching all the way down to Peania!

I hope that someone now takes the sweeper and cleans the house:

1. Zouta - OUT

2. Maritz - OUT

3. Epale - OUT

4. Demba - OUT

5. Ragouel - OUT

6. Galinovic - Ditto (Give Kotsolis a chance, he will deliver as well as Halkias!)

7. Mitou - I do not know for sure, but I would personally get rid of him and bring back Karagounis!

8. Antritz - Not sure, but if possible, I would get him out and bring Katsouranis

9. Skatzel - Mystery Boy - If he continues his recent performances send him back where he came from and start Sapanis in his position.

Am I forgetting somebody?

I do not know who brought Sanmardean, but I definitely want him in the team. BUT, someone please do something to keep this kid healthy and strong!!

He, as well as Gonzalez, could win a game by himself if necessary.

Now, in case somebody thinks it's excessive to get rid of NINE players, I got this to say: I am looking at a team photo from

PAO71, Zajec and Shum and whoever is involed has a share in success and failure. Zajec brought the crap as well as the good stuff (Equi, Papadopoulos, Munch, Morris, Vyntra etc)

Let's not overlook everthing.

I don't expect everyone to agree on something because we all look at things differantly and have differant information.

But history has written that Zajec, as GM, won the double and left the club on top of the Greek League, in the Cup and with a good chance of qualifying.

Could he have brought better players? Ofcourse he could have!!! You can always bring better players but as you know much money was not released by the management. You think if Zajec had Chelsea's budget he would have signed Mitu and Raguel? I don't think so.

Anyway, not every player will always prove a success. Look at Konstantinou, PAO made a recored transfer and he was offered the 2nd biggest ever contract (after that of Paolo Sousa) and failed.

I think Zajec did to the best of his ability and now if he brought in some average Cro's, history will show. Anyway, it's well -known that in ever club does one bring their "own" players.

Let's not annihilate everything and give Zajec at least his bit of the cake for what's happend in the last year.

Evergreen I agree with you but the main point is that Zaec has been with PAO for much more than a year or so..... He was a GM after Tzigger took over around 5 years ago.... ;) So I wouldn't call him so succesful....

But as far as I am concearned there are two explanations for his departure:

1. This is the year that in case PAO failed ZAEC was going to be the one targeted and not some puppet coach.... I think that if something was going wrong ZAEC would have been the one to blame by all fans.... So he decided to go to avoid things to come...

2. The 2nd reason might be that ZAEC got sick and tired to listen to his name been manipulated always for the bad results.... PAO was loosing, it was Zaec's fault.. PAO won the double, it was because of Olisadebe, PAO made transfers, they were all croatian tsirakia of Zaec, PAO didn't make transfers, it was the tsigounides ardinoggiannides and Zaec.... So as you can see his departure might have been due to the above things. For me personally I think that he was the man in charge (unless you want to believe that Tzigger was actually wasting a minute of his time to talk for transfers, coaches etc), and he is to blame for the bad results but he also has to take the credit for the good times... Anyway time will tell I still think that this is a good move for PAO...

As for his tsirakia players, recent line-ups has proved that things weren't as we believed they were... If Zaec was giving Fakelakia to Schum then why did Maric didn't play during the Schum era? If Maric for example is a tsiraki of Zaec and Zaec is NOT giving fakelaki then why does Skazni put Maric in? So I think things are quite more complicated than this... Perhaps it was true that Schum had problems with some players (Maric, Galinovic, Henriksen, Bikowski etc...) and it wasn't Zaec's fault......

Anyway time will tell if this is a good move for PAO... For several other reasons I still believe that PAO will be better off without Zaec....

Ive had enough of this Technical director crap!!! One man should control the whole ship....regardless who you pair as a coach and technical director...there will always be a disagreement regarding players and tactics.

Nobody tells any of the top clubs managers who to sign ,keep or play.

Either Livanithos...or scasny...controlling all. I dont want both.

For those not familiar with SPYROS LIVATHINOS:

One of the legends of Panathinaikos, having played along Kapsis (Mihalis' father) in many PAO great teams of the 70s and 80s.

An outstanding player, with the kind of character and work ethic, that sets an example for future players.

He was an integral part of the Greek NT and played in the Euro '80 in Italy.

Most recently he coached Ethnikos Asteras, when they were still in the First Division.

He has a close friendship and working relationship with Rocha, they both have been looking for talent in Latin America.

As far as I know, HE recommended Gonzo to PAO :tup:

Anyone that liked our Yianni Kyrasta :( RIP, will love Spyro

They are comparable in my opinion

He should be the new GM, if there is going to be one.

I love having ex-PAO greats involved

Warzycha, Saravakos should be next :)

I have faith in him

Scasni - Livathinos combination, should work much better than Scum- Jaets

PEACE

I have faith in him

Scasni - Livathinos combination, should work much better than Scum- Jaets

It obviously will be a better combination...but wouldnt it be better to have one man controlling..that way he understands the immediate needs of the team.....and can build a team without influence from elsewhere.

well..in something like professional football, sometimes having a GM is very useful...skagzi calls the shots regardless of what livathinos says...livanthinos is just there to give an opinion and assist the coach in making the right decisiosn...if skazni is stuck, livanthinos is there to help...he also helps with training and metagrafes..the GM is there for assistance in what the club needs...it includes more then just coaching...as lng as the GM doesnt take too much power (like zaeC) i think it would be good to have one...someone like livanthinos or even warzycha would fit in perfectly in my opinion...

well..in something like professional football, sometimes having a GM is very useful...skagzi calls the shots regardless of what livathinos says...livanthinos is just there to give an opinion and assist the coach in making the right decisiosn...if skazni is stuck, livanthinos is there to help...he also helps with training and metagrafes..the GM is there for assistance in what the club needs...it includes more then just coaching...as lng as the GM doesnt take too much power (like zaeC) i think it would be good to have one...someone like livanthinos or even warzycha would fit in perfectly in my opinion...

Everybody agrees with that...two minds are better than one....but it is a model that has failed repeatedly.

A GM...should i say every GM isnt just there for assistance...or else it would be a pointless role.

Th GM is involved in decision making and as we all know..when you believe in a player or something..you stick with it regardless what people around you say...basic human nature.

A GM without power doesnt exist. and so clashes will always arise. Though i have to say Livathinos seems a better person, and much wiser than zaec.

No two people envision the team to go along the same path....that is why i believe one man is best for the role...the path to follow is clear by him...and nobody else can turn the team into other paths like zaec did.

As you said the GMs role also includes training and metagrafes. They are all tasks that the assistant manager and trainers can help with...that is if they have any idea about football. As for transfers, the manager (scasny or whoever) according to a budget can determine that with his scouts...livathinos being one of them.

There is no need for General manager....the only time one is necessary is if your magager is hopeless or inexperienced.

....the only time one is necessary is if your magager is hopeless or inexperienced.

You mean Scum?... :LOL:

Both ways could work, depending who is involved, and what each position calls for.

All I want to say is that, Spyros has been a gem of a player, coach, scout, a great character with devotion to his job.

I have always liked him, and would love to see him, as well as the others I mentioned, involved with PAO.

He absolutely deserves it.

PEACE

You mean Scum?... :LOL:

Both ways could work, depending who is involved, and what each position calls for.

All I want to say is that, Spyros has been a gem of a player, coach, scout, a great character with devotion to his job.

I have always liked him, and would love to see him, as well as the others I mentioned, involved with PAO.

He absolutely deserves it.

PEACE

Yes shum..is who i was refering to....well only the hopeless part, cause even if he was experienced he still would be hopeless.

Latest is that Scasni will be the MAN.

Spyros will get more responsibilities but will not be promoted to Zaets' post.

There seem to be some questions as to if new blood (Warzycha, Saravakos) might be coming in as well.

Scasny has shown in a very short time his superiority as a coach compared to... Scum :tdown:

Not only the team is playing much better, but players are performing as well.

We have witnessed the resurrection of Rene Henriksen, and the apocalypses of Bykowfsky, Kotsios, Vyntra

Even Mihalaki scored last week :not: :D

Scasni has my full support, and so I applaud that decision

He will work well with Spyros Livathinos, and he seems open minded enough to listen to him

PEACE

Archived