Phantis Forums

Pao vs man U analysis

nick

well i just got home from watching the game and let me tell you, pao is NO WHERE NEAR LAST YEARS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

the team sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SANMARTEAN WAS THE WORST PLAYER ON THE FIELD!!!!

-lost the ball every time he dribbled

-his passes were awful, to soft and behind targets!!!

the midfield was terrible along with the terrible defence who could not stop man u at all.

the only players who were decent were konstantinou who almost scored with a great header but howard robbed him and SEITARIDIS WHO WAS A PROBLEM FOR MAN U MOSTLY IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!

NIKOPOLIDIS LET IN THE WORST GOAL I HAVE SEEN, BUT MADE SOME OTHER NICE SAVES.

MARIC AND ZUTAUTAS WERE OFF ALTHOUGH ZUTAUTAS HAD SOME NICE SHOTS, BUT NEITHER DID THERE JOB!!!!

THE CENTRAL DEFENCE COULD NOT STAY WITH THERE MEN AND IT COST THEM!!!

PS....................

YOU NEED KARAGOUNIS BACK MORE THAN ANYTHING ALONG WITH LYBE BACK FOR SANMARTEAN.

HE IS THE NEW SACK OF POTATOES!!! (good against s%$#! opposition but when it comes to champions league he blows, just like giovanni)

I agree with you, but I think that Sanmartean is still immature. he hasn't played any CL before though. Remember Basinas is out too and this is Manchester United we're playing, not Stuttgart or Rangers. We were at their place too. I think that we need to give them one more week to suck and then they will pull their act together at home again. I agree though that the central defense was :whistle: . Zutautas tried. Give him credit for that. Papadopoulos was decent as well. Overall i'm disturbed because we pressured very little and obviously stunk...

pao's euro strength was overwhelming defense and clever counter. what has come to be known as tsoukou-tsoukou ball. shoum disregarded pao's greatest weapon in favor of an attack oriented game which does not suit them. in game suhch as the one in old trafford, one would expect a more conservative approach, and not " tha paiksoume to podosfairo pou kseroume" heroics.

Lets me realistic here, we have a coach that has little experience at this level of competition.

His tactics that he employed on the nite, clearly showed his inexperience. Teams like real would take this tactical approach against man united as they have the players and class to do so.

As I said previously we do not have the coach or the players to compete at this level and this will show or is starting to show. The result tonight has been a slap in the face to a team that has gained respect in europe in the past.

This cannot continue in the future, as it will damage our profile and destroy the reputation we have worked so hard in the past. The question that must be asked is how serious is vardithogiannis in maintainning pao as reputation in europe.

To me winning the greek league does not mean a thing, if this results in a tarnished reputation in europe. I woud like to know where have the earnings from previous champions league games have gone. This money has to be reinvested in the team and pocketed by president.

The pre-season signings have been a joke and an insult to club's history. We lost crucial players like karagounis and limberopoulos who could have had a major impact in our campaign.

The time has come for the president to step aside and pass on the controls to a new peron who has the vision, passion and the money to take control. I fear the vardothigiannides treat their running of the club as kafenion.

We cannot blame Zaets for the signings this year, as he is a capable director of coaching, however if you are limited in funds. Then there is very little than you can do.

The building blocks were there with makarian to take advantage of, Pao needed a classy playmaker to which vardithogiannis didn't want to spend. That why we lost the league last year and resulted in exodus of crucial players.

This result today will impact the club and fans for years to come. There are no excuses for todays loss, immediate action must be taken to ensure such results do not arise in the future.

5 nil losses like today damage the image of greek soccer regardless of the team in question. Therefore if you cannot compete, then do not participate.

Regards

Paul

in all honesty paidia, please don't tell that you are shocked by this result?

the amount of quality that departed over summer and the 2nd rate players that you picked up surely indicated that something like this was on the cards.

you will obviously improve, but don't expect to progress.......pao this year are for the tip and are merely a shadow of their former selves.

Real bone-head moves made by the hole roster.But lets face it we cannot compete against real power teams with second rate players and with third rate coaching. One more desturbing loss like this and the Jew has to go home . Just dreadful soccer : :o o

Relax re Vazelakia. Nai to trifili mas ekane rizili alla akoma prepis na paixete Rangers kai Stuttgarrt. The NSL is just as good as the scottish prem lge and stutt have no european experience. of course you guys are inexplicipbly sh.te compared to the previous 2 yrs but you will come trough. u always do. PAO will make 2nd rnd. and give the evraio some time. if you dont make the knock out stages then OUST!!!

Last night it was just like watching Thrinos in the CL. These are the main reasons for that:

1. This ass....le Schum though that he was still at Macabbi and had 10 players close to the defence box, and Konstadinou all alone in the fron. It remainded me of Athinaikos when played against Man U in 1992. They went to play exactly the same style.

2. How many times do we have to say. Tsoukou-Tsoukou ball is not easy to play. And that kind of play was PAOs strength. Why try to change it? Even the big Italian clubs like Milan or Juventus with much better quality players than us, play worse than Tsoukou-Tsoukou. But this is how a team can progress in the CL. (Unless you are Real madrid..)

3. I dont have to mention Schums tactics. He placed the slowest pace player of our team (Goumas) to mark the fastest payer of Man U. (Giggsy) How stupid can you be???? Then he realised it, and made a substitution in the beggining of the second half...

4. All our new players (we have to face it guys) are very pool quality... All those who werent convinced of PAO performances up to now are proven right. Who woyld imagine 5-6 years ago that PAO would play in the CL, with players in his squad such as Epale, Zutautas...... Those who expected something better last night must be out of their minds.

5. We were lucky we did not finish the match with 10 goals against.... :whistle:

The bottomline is that, we have players such as Epale, MAric, Zutautas, Morris etc etc, who are not WORTHY of playing for such a big team.... Schum´s philosophy of attacking football is completely out of fashion for games in the CL, and the whole mentality of the team is sh..t!!! :huh:

I personally, if I was Vardis I would place a penalty to all those clowns (including Schum) for not knowing and respecting the team that they are involved. I dont know how many of you realised that last night was the worse performance of PAO in Europe that most of us have ever seen... And I am not talking about the score, but the performance as whole. Even where we lost by Dynamo 6-1 the game was completely different.....

Put it in your heads guys, we have been Olympiako-lised in EVERY SINGLE WAY!!! Just think about it!!!! :tdown:

I WAS THERE, SO LET ME TELL YOU HOW IT WAS

defence was amatuer. henriksen was good but has so lost his pace.

Setaridi is ok, but how can he carry the defence?

midfield was awfull, zoutoutas and san martian?? so so poor.

maric? whats the point.

no continuity at all.

we were so embarassing i was ashamed.

the fans as ever were superb, pishsing all over uniteds. not hard it must be said.

papadop, did he actuially haeva shot?

shums tactiscs were alll sooooooooooooooo wrong.

infact, did he have any?

heres how i saw it

goal 1

goal 2

goal3

goal4

goal5

will finish post when works calmed down

defence was amatuer. henriksen was good but has so lost his pace.

Setaridi is ok, but how can he carry the defence?

There is an explanation for this my friend Tryfilliake... This clown Schum had placed Henriksen man to man in defence, same as Goumas!! Everybody knows that these two are great players but they know best how to play ZONE defence! Did you expext Goumas to catch up with Gigssy??? NO WAY!!!

This charlatan realised his mistake from the beginning of the match that is why he substotuted Goumas in the second half!! This is also what happened to Henriksen!

All those years we had a great two line zone defence with a great passing game and all that. But now this guy thinks that he still coaches Macabbi......... Attacking football my a....ss!!!!! :box:

As far as the midfield is concerned, what did you expect from a 21 year old, a guy who has been kicked out from three diferent teams, and a clown who came from Maccabi to play a centre role in the PAO midfield..

I will tell you another thing about Zutautas. Not only he is no good enough to play in the PAO squad, but Schum in order to justify his transfer, places him in the position where Basinas used to play last year. The outcome is that Basinas sucks this year because he is not meant to play in this position of a creative midfielder. Which is the position that Karagoounis had last year by the way....

So one thing leads to another etc etc...

F......ck them, I say that nobody goes to Leoforos till the management regain their senses.. :1eye:

as i cant seem to edit my initial post. here it goes

plus i agree with you mate.

goal 1- bumbleling defence. shody goal.

goal 2- unlucky to have such a ricashe to a free player

goal 3 - shame for adoni, he doent make many mistkes- also why duid shum replace him?

goal 4- good goal, no complaints

goal 5- where the fuk was the marking?

its got to stop right now. revert to defence and hiot on the break wwith oli, epale andone fast.

we were the worst, even worse that the derby with osfp.

Guest Thryleon

Its funny that in order to try and shift the focus of how bad Pao were, you compare Pao to Olympiakos of last year. I think this is a completely narrow minded viewpoint and it seems as though you cant take it when a classy team kills your own. Take it on the chin, Greek teams are not good enough to compete with teams like Madrid, United and the rest. Consider the previous results, lucky with a lack of proffesionalism from the oppostion. They obviously did not respect you guys enough in the past and that cost them dearly. Now they know what Pao are all about and the results show, and this is the most probable reason as to why Olympiakos were so bad over previous years. Dont worry they'll figure out Aek too soon enough and then they will look just as bad. I called it before the season started the Panathinaikotes are back, and you guys are going to have a shambolic run this year.

Its funny that in order to try and shift the focus of how bad Pao were, you compare Pao to Olympiakos of last year. I think this is a completely narrow minded viewpoint and it seems as though you cant take it when a classy team kills your own. Take it on the chin, Greek teams are not good enough to compete with teams like Madrid, United and the rest. Consider the previous results, lucky with a lack of proffesionalism from the oppostion. They obviously did not respect you guys enough in the past and that cost them dearly. Now they know what Pao are all about and the results show, and this is the most probable reason as to why Olympiakos were so bad over previous years. Dont worry they'll figure out Aek too soon enough and then they will look just as bad. I called it before the season started the Panathinaikotes are back, and you guys are going to have a shambolic run this year.

we were poor, you cant say that they werent playing a strong team.

yes they were better, but as i sid, we gifted 4 goals to them. the team of makarian would never have gifted that many

As long as the players don't have the heart and the pride that they're playing for a team with lots of history, then I don't think Markarian or anybody else could have prevented the shameful show on Tuesday.

I saw that most of the players were afraid to mark tightly or accept the ball and do something with it.

If a team psychologically has the feeling of the loser, then nothing can be done at that point. We walked on the field like we did against OLY in Rizoupoli last season.

You're defeated even before kick-off.

I hope that something awakens the team and play well against AEK this Sunday, but I'm afraid that AEK has the upper hand right now. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see in a few days.............

well i just got home from watching the game and let me tell you, pao is NO WHERE NEAR LAST YEARS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

the team sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SANMARTEAN WAS THE WORST PLAYER ON THE FIELD!!!!

-lost the ball every time he dribbled

-his passes were awful, to soft and behind targets!!!

the midfield was terrible along with the terrible defence who could not stop man u at all.

the only players who were decent were konstantinou who almost scored with a great header but howard robbed him and SEITARIDIS WHO WAS A PROBLEM FOR MAN U MOSTLY IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!

NIKOPOLIDIS LET IN THE WORST GOAL I HAVE SEEN, BUT MADE SOME OTHER NICE SAVES.

MARIC AND ZUTAUTAS WERE OFF ALTHOUGH ZUTAUTAS HAD SOME NICE SHOTS, BUT NEITHER DID THERE JOB!!!!

THE CENTRAL DEFENCE COULD NOT STAY WITH THERE MEN AND IT COST THEM!!!

PS....................

YOU NEED KARAGOUNIS BACK MORE THAN ANYTHING ALONG WITH LYBE BACK FOR SANMARTEAN.

HE IS THE NEW SACK OF POTATOES!!! (good against s%$#! opposition but when it comes to champions league he blows, just like giovanni)

Filaraki Nick, eisai polu austhros. O Sanmarteam einai tromero talento alla tou leipei h peira kai propantwn sthn Eurwph.

Tou exoun fwrtwsei tou palikariou thn etiketa tou Hgeth kai tou messia xwris na exei pote paiksei epishmp eurwpaiko agwna se sullogiko epipedo.

Evale ena spanio goal me th Willem kai oloi ton vaftisane Domazo. Xalarwste re na prosarmwstei to palikari. Oute th glwssa den kserei!!!

Epanalambanw pws to palikari auto 8a vgalei polu kosmo asproprwsopo. Exei tromerh texnikh kai klash.

Upomonh kai 8a to deis.

Gents, I see that we are already willing to stereotype the current players of PAO as second rate, no heart, unwilling to play for the shirt and etc.etc.etc.

As the famous rap melody(LOL) says Nigg..r PLEASE..... One game, one bad result,for a team that has been together for two months and we all become experts in their future...Time, in its own wisdom, has the ability to prove some wrong and some right. So before we chase the lads out of town , lets see what the next game brings, and because of time we will be able to better judge them.

lets not forget that we are playing against teams that are better then most in the world, that have been together for a while, and that the core of panathinakos is not there, whther by design or by foolishness.

Glad to be back

:box: :box: :box: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived