Phantis Forums

Pompey target Basinas

JOHNNY

bullshit - from sky sports

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has stated he is not interested in the host of Euro 2004 players that have been linked with the club this summer.

Czech Republic duo Karel Poborsky and Marek Heinz along with Greece's Angelos Basinas have been tipped to join Pompey, but Redknapp does not want the trio.

Instead, the former West Ham manager wants Alexei Smertin to return on loan from Chelsea as that would solve his midfield problems ahead of the new campaign.

It is believed chairman Milan Mandaric wants to bring in one or two Euro 2004 stars, leaving Redknapp with yet another internal battle at the South Coach club.

Despite surprising everyone by retaining their place in The Premiership last season, Redknapp has sleepless nights over whether the feat can be repeated.

"It seems this club has been linked with virtually ever player taking part at Euro 2004," explained Redknapp.

"I have not mentioned one player who is available that I want. To be honest, I am not interested in signing any of them.

"Sure, Poborsky and Basinas are good players, but they are not for me. I am still hopeful Alexei Smertin will decide to come back to us.

"I have never had so much stress in all my life. I am sitting at home worrying about next season, because I know it's going to be a scrap.

"We need three or four players to have a chance of staying up; I don't know where to turn."

hahaha

They proposed Basinas and Heinz and this guy is talking about Smertin!!! :lol:

He reminds me of that idio Leicester manager (what whas is name the guy with the googles) while Zagorakis was there, where he said that Zagorakis cannot play in the team because we have Izzet!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that now you all understand why English cannot do anything in European football!!! Instead of looking at world class players (Kapsis for example) they prefer to pay millions to players like Neville Sisters and Sol Cambell!!! Can you imagine that Sol gets 50000 pounds a week and Kapsis gets 16 mn drahma a year? (and he doesn't even get that)....

Ok sissies pay Wayne Roonie and Rio Ferdinant and leave all the good players for the other teams....

P.S. Have you heard the latest joke? Ashley Cole has been included in UEFAs best 11 squad!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't have everything my friend Hollywood... Remember that rumors about Seitaridis have been flying around for years... It was the right time to sell him for 3 mn EUR. We coudn't risk to sell him after the Euro because nobody could predict its outcome...

As far as Basinas is concerned, Portsmouth manager is coming to Athens today to half a talk with Basinas and PAO for a possible move... They are talking about 1.4 mn EYR a year... I recon we could get a bit more than that...

Papou?

Could you please tell me your vision of a Panathinaikos team?

You want to sell our greatest talent to pocket cash...for what?

What is that going to buy us in return?

San Martean, Epalle, Gonzo, Maric, Zataoutas?

Is that the team you want to support?

A team of unwanted foreign legionaries?

Panathinaikos is still a team from Athens remember?

We went to the Cl semis and Qfs with a Greek team

What is PAO without Basinas, Karagounis, Seitaridis, Nikopolidis, Fyssas?

I do not blame them for wanting to bail such a dysfunctional "family", I blame the "guardians" for making this "family" undesirable.

We should be grateful we at least have an owner, right?

PAO could have been like AEK or ARIS... :tdown:

PEACE

as alot of people know, portsmouth are in greece talking with panathinaikos. besides pushing hard for basinas, they are now hard after papa. with yakubu almost certain to get big dollars to leave and sheringham not there they are empty up front.

this is excellent news!

Now that both these 2 are gone we can replace them with Croatians and have a full squad of croatians!

WOOHOO motherF***er PAO administration..im so excited!!

I am thinking of becomeing a PAOKtis or a Aigaleo until PAO FIX up..

Seriously...

PAOK are fixing themselves up for the future by buying young greek talent..and are atleast upgrading their stadium..which has double the capacity of ours..

while Olympiakos built a fortress,and are buying sum quality players compared to the bullshit we're buying..

how tempting

Yet idiots r gonna defend pao and say im overreacting!!!

Hold on..... I though I was the one critisising Zeac and all his 'arpahtes' that he brought in the team... All I said is wait and see how Andric and the others will perform before you critisise them...

As far as Basinas, many of you seems you forgot how Basinas used to play for PAO for the last couple of years huh.. Do you really think that Basinas will return to PAO and perform just like he did in Portugal.. You are far mistaken my friends... Same thing goes for Seitaridis. Have you seen him play any descent football for PAO in the last 2 years? NO, he performed brilliantly in the NT because he wanted a transfer...

And I continue, have you seen Karagounis play at PAO same way as he did in Portugal? NO WAY, since he signed for Inter he was afraid to put his leg to challenge the ball remember?

Besides from all the above, people should undersatnd that Greek players going abroad is actually the best thing for them as well as Greek football... The domestic league and teams might be loosing their prestige but hey, what is there to loose... The league was always a Joke so were the Greek teams apart from PAO... I am sure that PAO will find his way again, young Greek players will be promoted from peania (same was done with Basinas, Karagounis, Goumas etc etc for those who remember...)

So don;t get so melodramatic and leave aside your PAO fanatic pride for a minute and think of the good things that come out from all these... Greek players above (this is were the success of the NT is mainly from)gain international experience, money is coming to Greek teams from abroad, and sucess comes for the NT...

It is actually better off for all... Same goes for Rehaggel... It will be his stupidest decision he ever made if he decides to stay in Greece... He has everything to loose in Greece (everything that he created) and everything to gain by talking over the German NT (which is a fact that they are at their lowest levels ever!!)...

So think for a minute...

It is actually better off for all... Same goes for Rehaggel... It will be his stupidest decision he ever made if he decides to stay in Greece... He has everything to loose in Greece (everything that he created) and everything to gain by talking over the German NT (which is a fact that they are at their lowest levels ever!!)...

So think for a minute...

I dont agree about rehhagel, internationally nobody expects greece to win or perform like that again, they think its one off. So any continuation of this form would be a bonus. And if it doesnt, then his reputation is still intact.

However when and if he takes over germany, due to the greek miracles they claim only he matserminded, they will expect the same results instantly with german players, meaning any loss or early failure would be destructive. His reputation will slip down to what it was b4 the euro.

And hollywood, not attacking you or anything, i agree with everything you say, but not as angrily as you. But the only thing i dont like hearing is how olympiakos built a fortress and are now buying quality players than us.Bullshit!

Milos Maric pffft

D'Agol (brazilian kid, so what??)

Okkas (maybe) pfffft, id rather bikovski, or even sigurdsson back

My friend Kojak, I don't know if you live in Greece, but you don't seem to know the Greek reality... I bet with enyone on this forum that if we do not qualify for the world cup with Rehaggel on the team, journalists, paragodes, even fans wil critisise Rehaggel no matter what he has achieved in the past....

People who lived in Greece will know what I mean... I can imagine Evagelatos and all the other 'parathyra' in the Greek so called news critisisng everything and everyone if a single failure comes.... Its sad but true my friends.... ;)

I agree with you Pappou with respect to Otto. He has more to lose if he stays with Greece (and it looks like that's what he'll do) than move to Germany. But notwithstanding that, I don't consider this decision as stupid, but rather as honourable...

Rehagel can gain either way

In Greece his job will be easier

He has formed a great team, that can stay together until the 2006 WC

The Greek fans will support the NT like NEVER before.

He has already accomplished the unthinkable, and much has to go wrong before he gets the blame

Regardless of what happens he will always be remembered for bringing Greece our biggest football accomplishment, unless we win the WC... :o

In Germany he will have to deal with Franz "the real Kaiser", whom he does not like from his days at Bayern

The German players and public, will expect much more from him than in Greece.

Germany will automatically qualify for the WC.

Anything less than a final in their own land would be a failure, just like with Portugal in the Euro.

In Greece all he would have to do is beat Denmark and Turkey and qualify for the WC, anything more would be "gravy"

He will decide according to financial $$$ and personal preferences

We all hope he stays in Greece, which would also be the "moral" choice

As far as the PAO players we lost:

Yes they rarely performed as well as the Euro, but then no one did

None of the Greek team players have ever played better than this Euro

They played for the glory, for themselves, for their coach and their country

How could you expect anyone to perform like that when playing for PAO, who is managed by Zaets, :o owned by Vardinokaulis, <_< trained by...Scum :D :D :D

They still performed well, certainly a lot better than the rest... (except Munch and the 3 golden goals by Manoli)

I would rather have a young GREEK team with prospects, than a consortium of failed, cheap, unknown, Eastern Europeans and Africans

If I had my choice I would try to buy as many of the NT players as possible

Some of them might be without a team (AEK) and would be eager to get... paid for a change.

Why look abroad before exausting all the possibilities in Greece?

Zaets makes his % when he brings Eurotrash, thats why :tdown:

PEACE

My friend Kojak, I don't know if you live in Greece, but you don't seem to know the Greek reality... I bet with enyone on this forum that if we do not qualify for the world cup with Rehaggel on the team, journalists, paragodes, even fans wil critisise Rehaggel no matter what he has achieved in the past....

People who lived in Greece will know what I mean... I can imagine Evagelatos and all the other 'parathyra' in the Greek so called news critisisng everything and everyone if a single failure comes.... Its sad but true my friends.... ;)

I agree with you but thats in greece i wasnt talking about his reputation internationally, which even with a bad run with greece it will remain the same and only the euro performance will be remembered. However with a failure in germany, internationally it will be remembered, if you get what i mean.

ummm all of u guys r slipping from the issue in hand and that is basinas and the possibility of pap leaving pao??? i wanna know from you papou and kojak what do u guys think??? i mean "the old man" has no problems with basinas going but how about pap?? and who would you replace these guys with?? the new transfers we managed to get :tdown: pfht or how about demba??? im really sick of (Quote) "the consortium of failed, cheap, unknown, Eastern Europeans and Africans" i wouls also rather have (Quote) "young GREEK team with prospects" wouldnt you??? ;)

ummm all of u guys r slipping from the issue in hand and that is basinas and the possibility of pap leaving pao??? i wanna know from you papou and kojak what do u guys think??? i mean "the old man" has no problems with basinas going but how about pap?? and who would you replace these guys with?? the new transfers we managed to get :tdown: pfht or how about demba??? im really sick of (Quote) "the consortium of failed, cheap, unknown, Eastern Europeans and Africans" i wouls also rather have (Quote) "young GREEK team with prospects" wouldnt you??? ;)

Basinas, im not too sold yet on keeping him, i mean if he wants to leave or there is a good offer, i wouldnt be too pissed. Even though he performed well in the Euro, noone can guarantee he will continue like that for us.

As for Kazahkstan Paps leaving, damn id be the first rioting!!!! NO NO NO NO NO dont GO!!

Now who to replace them with, though i want a greek, the greek market is pretty s%$#! i have to say. I want katsouranis, but im not sure hes a player you can really build a team around, even basinas wasnt.

Look i wouldnt critisise demba as a signing, he hasnt been given a chance really to prove himself, whereas someone like epalle did. I think demba could be a suprise next season.

Dont forget we have kept shum, so the team cant get any worse than that. Id rather the team fails with unkowns from wherever, and have someone to blame(zaec and his choices), than fail with greeks.

whats the good of selling him for 20 million?

we are going to lose a great player and tz-****** is gonna pocket all the money and spen like 800,000 on the next "great prospect" of bosnian/herzegovinan football. haha reminds me of the time we bought Sanmartean and heard bullshit about being the next Platini or Hagi!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently Pao turned down a bid of 1.5 million for basnins.... they wanted 2 million ;) i dnt kno if this is good coz they only think he is worth 2 million and i have a feeling Pompey will cum back with an 1.8 and will accept :tdown: if he goes our numbers r 33% greek and 67% non-greek :tdown:

Let him go. That is how football works in todays market. You get them cheap and sell them expensive. Ajax has been living on this strategy for decades and still they contend every year.

For every Apostolakis, there is a Giourkas. For every Giourkas, there is an Oxyzoglou (example). For Wandzik, there was Nikopolidis, for him Halkias, and so on.

We promoted 5 youngsters this year. I a year or two some of them will se more playing time. Same thig that happened with Basinas , and Goumas. We will be alright.

Sure, I would prefer that we promoted Oxyzoglou and Kotsolis in the starting lineup than go with Galinovic and Raguel, but that was the managements decision. I will respect that. They gave us the double last year. I judge them by results.

Archived