Phantis Forums

PAO back at OAKA

Panos13

It is reported today that PAO will return to OAKA for next season's champions league matches. I don't like this at all. The doikisi is doing this for money. Our record at the klouvi of leoforos was far better than OAKA against all oppositioin. So why change?

We need a new stadium fast. Something that holds about 50000.

until pao gets a new stadium this is it for europe! no more 16-17000 att.

In oaka their will be atleast 50-75000 for each euro game.

Also dinamo kiev is doing the same they have a 15000 stadium but in europe and the big matces in domestic leageu they use the olympic stadium of kiev!

My opinion is that pao should allow all the fans to see theese special matches :tup:

Indeed!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

Apart from that I have experienced our best moments in OAKA and not Leoforos....

PAO - Juve 1-0

PAO - Thrynos 4-1 (league game with thrynos having Kasimierski as a goalie)

PAO - Thrynos 1-0 (cup final)

PAO - Thrynos 1-0 (apostolakis's goal at a league game)

PAO - Thrynos 3-0 (Thrynos having all the Russians)

PAO - AEK 1-0 (Bakas probably the best cup final after 'to stripsimo ths dekaras in 69)

PAO - Honvent 5-1 (What more can we say)

PAO - Auxerre 2-1 (I think it was)

And so many more....

Pappou:

I was there in every game in the 87 poreia. It was fantastic. I never missed a European match. I have great memories from OAKA with PAO in Europe, like 3-1 with Nantes, 3-0 with Legia Wasowia. and some bitter ones too, like losing 2-0 to Red Star, and failing to beat Anderlecht when we had 2000 chances to score.

OAKA was great because you could get tickets at any time and if you were late you could just walk in as they stopped taking tickets after 20 minutes in the league games.

I think the move to OAKA is for Europe only while the league games will continue to be played at Leoforos. Leoforos is such a klouvi and the fans are so close that the opposition is scared from the start. That's what we need more of.

the klouvi is the most badass stadium ever.

If you arent indimidated by that you are as Samuel Jackson wallet writes in Pulp fiction : a badass motherF***er.

i mean look at it.

walking towards it you can hear the chants and yelling

the things plaster is gone - it looks like its going to crumble

the walls are covered in grafitti

and the barbed wire

not to mention when you step on the field - if youre not PAO 17000 people

hate you and your family and remind you for 90 minutes plus before the game.

and the sound is great inside, and the fans are sooo close to you....

to hell with (excuse the pun) ali baba semi-yen . Leoforos is a lot beter.

but the goal is to sell tickets... kind of stupid because they dont even sell out CL games in 17000. I hate huge empty stadiums. If theyre gonna do it is should be for decisive games or playoffs.

Leoforos is our home. I would prefer it to even Goudi. I wouldn't mind us moving to OAKA though if it was JUST OURS. Not with any other team using it whenever they want. Thats total disrespect for the team that put greece on the map and continues to keep it there.

to be honest with u guys i couldnt careless were pao playes as long as pao play football and not shitball

I am with you on this... However, if I had to choose I would have to go with OAKA every time. Let me tell you a little story to support what I am saying. I have been a fan since the day I was born. I have been following the team all around Europe (Manchester X 2, Lens, Nantes, AJAX) and whenever I am in Greece I go to matches. This year I was only able to come to Greece twice once for Xmas and once for Easter.

I went and saw the Paniliakos game in Leoforos and then after Easter I got another week of my work so that I could stay and see the game with Boro-8rylos. Not being Organwmenos or with ticket club I didn't manage to find a ticket. The whole system with Ticket club is F*&^ed up. This would have never happened in OAKA. And I bet I am not the only one with this sort of problem.

I don't know what the Vardinogiannides are thinking. Panathinaikos should play all games in OAKA. I don't want my team to win because their opponents are terrorised by the stadium they play in. I want the opponents to be affraid because of the quallity of our players.

That aside, Uefa does not like Leoforos and that might be a factor when you are trying to do something good in Europe.

Archived