Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

Panathinaikos have announced officially on their website the signing of 27-year-old Maciej Bykowski for the next two years.

The Poland-born striker, with Swede Demba Niren, will be the back-up of forwards Michalis Konstantinou, Dimitris Papadopoulos and Emmanuel Olisadebe.

Meanwhile, Panathinaikos will fly out tomorrow for the first part of pre-season training in Slovenia

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAO should not sample Besiktas! I mean think of PAO collecting players like Georgiadis, Djordjevic, Mavrogenidis, Georgeas, Amponsa...! does it sound nice???

actually if PAO signed a player as good as Djordjevic i would be really excited. Maybe you havent been able to watch much greek football lately but hes the reason Olympiakos are always up in the top 3 during season. He can pass, shoot, dribble and is creative- though id have more respect for him if he switched clubs.

Georgiadis isnt a bad player either-- adds depth to the squad.

Same with Mavrogennidis.

Aponsah should play in the G' Katigoria. hes horrible. We just signed Raguel whos not that much better. <_<

You can't say that Drako!

Saidou has been a regular performer in Istanbulspor for about four or five years and his closing-down abilities will tire any player on the field. You may not be familiar with him, because everybody is interested in four teams in Turkey!

Flav is a player with a fine career. Ok, he somehow failed in Real but he was not that bad in Dortmund until his injury...

Song is the guy who can settle Gala defence around and i think he will couple well with the veteran Bulent, if not with Dellas!

... Besiktas, i believe, is by no means impressive! yes, they've got Alieu but who will cross the ball for him to head it home? Ali Gunes? :huh: Berkant? :tdown: Ibrahim Akin? :lol:

anyway, this section is for PAO and i think signing ambitious guys for big money is always risky! it may pay off (eg: Galatasaray, 2000 UEFA & Super Cup + 4 times Champions in a row) or it may be destructive (eg: AEK! in serious debt)

yeah thats true - but not like anyone cares about more than 3 teams in greece either (sorry PAOK but isnt well known, YET :) )

Conceicao? why didnt you say so. I thought Flav as you call him was a nobody. He is a pretty good player, had a lot of competition at Real...

Also it sounds like they do the same m*****es in turkey with the press rumors....Dellas! No offense but Dellas is way too good for Turkey, same with Greece, he wouldnt go there because he can go bigger.

maybe youre right about Besiktas, I just remember last year they were pretty impresive in the CL, and that with Carew and Del Bosque they could really kick some ass.

i have just gotten back from greece and have seen and discovered many things about our signings and our team...there are a million new posts so im just gunna post everything i got here......

too start....apparently we have agreed with tsigas and possibly manikas from paniiakos...two young players that we can develop slowly...two good buys...now to the defense...yiourkas is gone...vyntra will most likely cover his place with raguel backing....raguel is a good experienced player that can help the defense but i believe vyntra will assume most of the duties as he is young and shoum sees similar quality in him as in yiourkas...in the middle we have goumas, heriksen, morris and kyriakos.....that will be no problem..and on the left we have our man munch!...in middfield...basinas and michaelsen are gone...michaelsen will be replaced by Mitu...this guy will definitly help us..he is very quick and fast and has very good footskills..he is extremely offesive minded but can also defend, he has an eye for goal but also a good passer...he will be a good replacemnt for michalesen and may also be helpeed out there by sanmartean (who has seemed to have actaully gotten alittle bigger and stronger)...the signing of matusovic is still in the works....ostrava have offered him a 3 years contract but he doesnt want to stay there that long...he wants to play football outside and pao, he said, is definitly his first choice...epalle will most likely go on loan...as attacking midfieldwers we have sanmaretan and gonzalezs...two very good players that will definitly help us...on the left we have sapanis and also gonzalez (depending on the setup we use)as the defesive midfielder, we have andric...this player is a very striong player....he doesnt have very much techincal ability, but he covers the whole field and is a massive work-horse...he fights like crazy and has very good strength and toughness...exactly what we are looking for in a definsve mi position...since zuta is injured, shoum may also look to use goumas in that role if he is needed...now for our favorite player...maric...i must say i am surporised....in training he has impressed alittle....i dont like him, but we will see what is to come...in the forward posotion we are more then set...michali and manoli have already combined in our frst scimmage scoring a goal a piece...and then soon enough we will have pap returning from his olympic play...bikofski is striclty a bench player...nothing special..just some depth in case he is needed...i dont see him playing much..i have also heard demba (to gaithouri)will probably be put out on loan...and galinovits...the goalkepeeper is very talll and very big...i believe halkias will reatain his spot but will get good back up from this player....overall i see ourt team being solid and with alot of depth...we also have those youngesters we brought up some of the youth squad...so lets see an overview(of those player that will be useful /somewhat useful to us)....

DEFENDER-Raguel, Vyntra, Goumas, Kyriakos, Henriksen, Munch, Morris, Kotsios

MIDFIELDER-Sanmartean, Mitu, Gonzalez, Sapanis, Andric, Maric, Zutautus, Svouras, ??Epalle?? (maybe basinas will stay)

STRIKERS-Papadopoulos, Konstantinou, Olisadebe, Bikofski, ??Demba??

(if i have missed anyone please tell me)

the midfield is looking shaky but i think our team will be very good next year if we fight hard...hopefully matusovic will sign on...

ill give a rough outline of what our team could look like next year....

4-4-2

--------------------------------------Halkias--------------------------------------

----------------------------------Morris/Henriksen-------------------------------

-------Vyntras-----------------------------------------------------Munch---------

--------------------------------Kyriakos/Goumas--------------------------------

--------------------------------------Andric---------------------------------------

-------Sanmartean/Mitu------------------------------------------Sapanis-------

-------------------------------Gonzalez/Lucian-----------------------------------

---------------------Papadopoulos/Konstantinou/Olisadebe--------------------

the midfield is looking wary but hopefully if they play with each other they will click...i think our team ius looking pretty good so far....comments or questions please ask....o, and one more problem.....what about captains next year????

and by the way...everyone is being very pessimistic about the team....let me tell you....dont be....we have a pretty good team so far and with work they can be very good..we have alot of good players that can do alot of stuff..dont be quikc to judge the new signings because of what i have seen and heard, they will do the team pretty good... look at the other team...aeks is going down the crapper....oly has made no good signings and dont look like they are going to...Paok is the only team who has been looking very good...the season is a while away...relax and let things happen...everything is look good so far...

You just made me feel a lot better man :tup: I hope your right. Btw, I believe that Darlos is back from his loan. Is that true? And I had also heard about Epalle and Demba leaving on loan. Isn't Andric a right-wing because if Epalle is loaned, Mitu would be there alone..btw Oly have made a good signing, his name is Nikopolidis :P

please please please

LAKIS :nw:

this + debah and epalle leaving (makari) would make things not look so shitty for PAO. :)

but i just read the cover of sportime saying zaec is going for another halfback- and is ksenos------- i didnt get to read the article. :angry:

ok if this happends (Lakis) then theres Hope :o

Please God Pleaseeeeeeeeeee let this be true i beg of you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :unsure:

You should be begging the Kavouria. This is out of gods hands.

am quite sure its matusevic! cause if he went to the czech rep. then its gotta be him, now i have read that its a player for the left-right flanks.

i ask myself why couldt we have landed poborsky he still have 1 or 2 years left in him

dude...sousa was much better then zagorakis...in a year he will be washed up too...hell..he was till euros

till the euros but now playing in the best league in the world.

my ass. sousa never did s%$#! anywhere. He played for some major teams- could never stick anywhere and kept moving around. Zagorakis was a great player for AEK and now Greece.

Archived