Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

Las time I saw Pao play was agains Anderlecht in the Uefa cup 2003 and the coach was Markarian. Prety impressive midfielders at the time, nice passing around, very powerful strikers. By the time Pao played Porto in the quarter finals the portuguese press was hailing Pao as the inevitable new champions and owners of a new greek mentality. It proved well in Porto but at the end of the season Olympiakos was champion. Again .

What the hell happened?

Off subject, out of curiosity. Who has more fans, Pao or Olympiakos ?

why must you remind us of these sad times.....

the championship was lost on goal difference to Olympiakos- it came down to the 2nd to last game in Olympiakos stadium - all we needed was a tie then we played the easiest team in the league at home. even if we lost by only 1 we would have had a playoff for who would be champion- another chance. but PAO played disgraceful, absolutely pathetic and the game was over- they scored early, then it was all downhill and we ended up losing 3-0, and it was very sad. one of the worst days in my life. the following week the fans attacked the coach and players at training.... and thats how we dont have makarian anymore..... :(

Olympiakos i beleive has more fans...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Las time I saw Pao play was agains Anderlecht in the Uefa cup 2003 and the coach was Markarian. Prety impressive midfielders at the time, nice passing around, very powerful strikers. By the time Pao played Porto in the quarter finals the portuguese press was hailing Pao as the inevitable new champions and owners of a new greek mentality. It proved well in Porto but at the end of the season Olympiakos was champion. Again .

What the hell happened?

Off subject, out of curiosity. Who has more fans, Pao or Olympiakos ?

why must you remind us of these sad times.....

the championship was lost on goal difference to Olympiakos- it came down to the 2nd to last game in Olympiakos stadium - all we needed was a tie then we played the easiest team in the league at home. even if we lost by only 1 we would have had a playoff for who would be champion- another chance. but PAO played disgraceful, absolutely pathetic and the game was over- they scored early, then it was all downhill and we ended up losing 3-0, and it was very sad. one of the worst days in my life. the following week the fans attacked the coach and players at training.... and thats how we dont have makarian anymore..... :(

Olympiakos i beleive has more fans...

They didn't attack Markarian, just the players. THe fans loved and still love Markarian.

where is henriksen??? he played pretty well in euro...i think hes got another season with us...you think he should start?? if morris plays on the right..then we would need someone to cover the center....goumas and kyriakos act as stoppers more then sweepers...what does everyone think...

i heard this as actual serious news and that he has been in greece all summer...for pao...we will see...i think its 50-50 with this guy....its pretty much the same exact move as rivaldo...mb its not true or mb zaec is just keeping it a "surprise" .....there may also be a huge scheme that oly knew pao were gunna get effenberg, so they threw themselves at rivaldo first..we will see...

Stefan Effenberg is 2x the has been Rivaldo is. He was the captain and leading central midfielder of the 2001 Bayern Munich Championship team (his career finished that season...) he didnt make the german squad the next year for the WC, he was once a good player but theres no way in hell he can do any good for us. If thats a "response" to Rivaldo, thats really sad. We should have gonne after Zanetti.......

how Great!!! pao got 3.6 million for seitri transfer, and only spent 500.000 euros on our new players.... whil the geys spent over 5 million on players... question is now do u belive pao r tight asses (non-belivers)

another question where did Lakis go???

Skacel is on loan (100% definate) this season. PAO has option of buying him at the end of this season.

Last I read of Lakis which was two days ago, he was in negotiations with Fiorentina.

And from what I have noticed its the same bitching at the start of every season with why we dont spend this much money, why we dont buy this player, why we do buy this player, or hes crap, hes old.

Maybe papou is right... Vardigiannis should one day screw us all over and send us bankrupt or screw the team over somehow to teach us all a lesson. Remember that we are the only team that has been very healthy off the field in terms of organisation, training facilities and keeping clear of the red in Greece.

Because all us PAO fans have to be the worst bitches and every single one of us, Im including myself, are so over critical and fickle supporters.

Munch, Papadopoulos, Seitaridis (we did buy him a few yrs bak), Olisadebe...

hey.

we have to raise questions when our new right back is raguel and when we get another backup striker who is laughable.

you say these players wil never get in or are only backups- but the problem is Soum- isnt that bad a coach except for the fact he loves playing these awful players. (Maric, Zuta...)

i think we will do ok- just that maybe ONE big signing would do- to keep the supporters happy and such and to really add power to the team, Andric im sure is a bit useful but doesnt add more overall strength, only one or two spots in the lineup are really hurt- we should spend some money to fill them so PAO can kick ass again- ... i noticed hugo ibarra is going on the tranfer list and we have a huge hole in the right defense........that would be an amazing signing...

haha- well hate to disapoint you to tell you how much that means.....right now in manager im having an awesome run with PAO and Gittas and Konstantinidis are stars :lol: while im winning the double and even the uefa cup..!!! so Davidson...???

also may i note in CM4 since u mentioned it....

the PAO board is incredibly realistic. I win the godamn double and they give me 1 million- i try to sign Zikos,Katasouranis,Dellas- they wont let me pay them more than 2000$ a year! the alvanoi cleaning the leftover trash in leoforo after matches get more than that! :lol:

haha- well hate to disapoint you to tell you how much that means.....right now in manager im having an awesome run with PAO and Gittas and Konstantinidis are stars :lol: while im winning the double and even the uefa cup..!!! so Davidson...???

also may i note in CM4 since u mentioned it....

the PAO board is incredibly realistic. I win the godamn double and they give me 1 million- i try to sign Zikos,Katasouranis,Dellas- they wont let me pay them more than 2000$ a year! the alvanoi cleaning the leftover trash in leoforo after matches get more than that! :lol:

if u are playing cm 03-04 get some good free players.

coz with pao u dont get that much money :tdown:

hahatrue ive only made 5 purchases in the 3 years they never give me s%$#! for money.....

Stefanidis

Sapiggidis he was the most amazing signing- 1st season had 43 goals!

Karpin

Vyntra

Mexes

i had to sell off michali and manoli and got a lot of money

also yeah a lot of really good players contract expire (Dellas, Ibarra, Sol Cambell) and the PAO board only allowed me 2000- something they will never accept- same when my assistant manager contract expired.

u want some good young players??? well when u start the season make sure u look fore players like Esefania (real Sociede, plays for spain later on!!) <<----- this guy is awsome in a year or so if u keep playing him, also Huddlestone from derby becomes a star player for england, Vaz Te from Bolton (talk about a player who knows how to score, also plays for portugal later on) arron Leanon from leeds is good, and Landolia from Roma is quite usefull and kasper schmicahels from man city is the best keeper ive seen :)

I cant wait for manager 5 to come out, it looks awsome :o

Archived