Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will personally run around naked on my campus if rivaldo even comes to greece for vacation, let alone to sign with us.

Can we get some pictures of this event? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I think that Skacel is a really good signing, but I think that after OSFP's signing Rivaldo, PAO should not let them sign Laki and Kapsi (I heard on ERASpor that OSFP is after him).

I don't understand why you guys think so highly of Lakis. Yes he's a good player but he is definately not great. All he's really good for is his speed. He is an even worse finisher than Palto(if you can imagine that) and he doesn't have a great cross.

the fianl point of this matter is the geys have sighned good-great players and keept there team of last year strengthening it and its still greek!!! we sell off our good players buy s;hit-medium players and, the team is croatia :whistle:

OHHH YEAH, i didnt notice we had so many croatians, in our team, im glad you pointed out we have 3!!!

I have decided to be patient and wait til the end of the season. There is no point arguing with you guys. We all love the team, but express our love in different ways. I will support this team, its management, its players as long as they work hard. If I see someone not giving 100% , I will criticise him. Yes , some of our players are below PAO standards. Epalle and Maric (so far) are two of them. I expect a lot from Skacel and expect the team to grow this year. These are my expectations.

By the way , I am leaving for Greece tomorrow for three weeks and want to wish you all happy August. Dont kill each other ;) ;)

i was talking with an old coach of mine yesterday that brought up...we were talking about the premiership and he said that "a good team looks to bring in players that will help the team, not be a superstar"....so, our players are not superstars...but who do you know that wont help the team...we havent seen these guiys play much..look at last year...munch, papa and morris turned out to be very good, we saw great signs of sanmartean and zuta actually turned out ok...of course we had our flops of epalle and maric but out of the 7 players we sign (6 of which we were giving hell to before the season) 4 or 5 of them actually really helped our team win the double last year...of course i would like to see some money thrown around..everyone would....i def fault our management for not going out and dooing that....but we sahouldnt start nocking our team down before we haven even started...by the end of the season, how does everyone know these players wont turn out to be real good for us...look at madrid...they had a superstar of player and looked where they finished

how does everyone know that if we signed lakis that he would turn out to be bad for us...he is a good player but if he doesnt fit the scheme of the team (hey that rhymed) then he would be useles..dont get me wrong.. i would have loved tov see lakis at the team, but lets not get all pessimistic before our players actually start playing together as a team....

I don't care about Rivaldo, he hasnt played in 2 years and he may turn out another Souza...

This PAO team is improved on last year.

-------------------------------------Chalkias(28)(Galinovic)--------------------------------

--------Vyntra(Raguel)---Morris(Henriksen)----Goumas(Kirgiakos)-----Munch(33)

-------Mitu(Sanmartean)--------Basinas(Antric)----Gonzalez-------------Skacel

--------------------Papadopoulos(Konstantinou(26)----Olisadebe----------------

I fancy this PAO team.

I don't care about Rivaldo, he hasnt played in 2 years and he may turn out another Souza...

This PAO team is improved on last year.

-------------------------------------Chalkias(28)(Galinovic)--------------------------------

--------Vyntra(Raguel)---Morris(Henriksen)----Goumas(Kirgiakos)-----Munch(33)

-------Mitu(Sanmartean)--------Basinas(Antric)----Gonzalez-------------Skacel

--------------------Papadopoulos(Konstantinou(26)----Olisadebe----------------

I fancy this PAO team.

skacel will be where basinas is when he leaves.

yeah that sounds nice- but Raguel is and Vyntra is really weak and inexperienced.

Mitu? not much to fancy - same with andric. hopefully well have Sapanis out there. and galinovic will be playing in place of Chalkias and that SUCKS.

You also forget while thats the ideal team - Shoum never plays it. He always tries to fit in the really really crappy players like Epalle and Maric in, thankfully Zutautas wont be one for a while.

I think we have to resign Angelos now- that would be like getting a rivaldo.... we need his experience and leadership. I dont know what he wants in Portsmouth anyways.... sure its the richest league but hes going to be a nobody, live in England, get relegated and not play in europe---- other than the $$$ wheres the appeal???

didnt morris play right sometimes??

i thikn if we move Morris on the right, gkoumas- kirgiakos + munch were ok

raguel i hope never sees the pitch. Vyntra and Kotsios should be back ups.

Also i am thankful to kavourogiannis for not buying rivaldo. This was a mean thing for Kokalis to do to his fans...buying a washed up used player whos going to treat the team like s%$#! and making them think they signed a god. As long as Soum can put the RIGHT players in (NOT EPALLE- DEBBAH-BIKOVSKI-MARIC-MARIC-MARIC-MARIC-MARIC-EPALLE-ZUTAUTAS-ZUTAUTAS NO!!!!!!)

we can do good-

papa michalaki/manoli

sapanis- eki- basinas?/czech- sanmartean

minx - kyrgiakos- gkoumas- morris

XALKIAS

if we play that i have some reborn faith in the team. if we play with miftou, galopoulovic, raguel i wont be happy..

yeah that sounds nice- but Raguel is and Vyntra is really weak and inexperienced.

Mitu? not much to fancy - same with andric. hopefully well have Sapanis out there. and galinovic will be playing in place of Chalkias and that SUCKS.

You also forget while thats the ideal team - Shoum never plays it. He always tries to fit in the really really crappy players like Epalle and Maric in, thankfully Zutautas wont be one for a while.

I think we have to resign Angelos now- that would be like getting a rivaldo.... we need his experience and leadership. I dont know what he wants in Portsmouth anyways.... sure its the richest league but hes going to be a nobody, live in England, get relegated and not play in europe---- other than the $$$ wheres the appeal???

Skacel is not a defensive midfielder but a left sided midfielder.

How do you know Mitu and Antric are not fancy? Have you seen them?

I'll let you in a little secret. I've seen Mitu and he's better than Lakis (the only department Lakis beats him in pace, but it's not as if Mitu is slow.

We might have lost strength at right back but we have strengthened in the right -side of midfield.

You don't know for sure if Galinovic will be playing instead of Chalkias but if it is deemed he is better, why shouldnt he?

Epale and Maric are not crappy players. They are for specific conditions. Maric has excellent control and possesion skills and has the experience to come on the last 15-20 mins to "kill" a game we are leading 1-0 and are be pressured. Epale on the other hand has excitement, is fast and can cause major disturbances (i.e at Ibrox) with his unpredictability.

I think Zajec knows a lot more about football than you and all of us put together.

On the other hand, Rivaldo hasn't played for two years. In his year in Milan he was awarded the "worst foreigner of the season" award and in back in Brazil he didn't set the world on fire either.

Celtic were interested in him but only with the condition he trialed 1st. Rivaldo didn't accept. You think Martin O'Neill who has taken Celtic to the final and 1/8 finals of the UEFA Cup is a mug?

One of PAO's best assets last year was that all our players marked including Dimi and Mixalakis. Let's just see how the Gavroi fare with 2 "Johnny Walkers" in the team (Rivaldo- Gio).

Yes Rivaldo was FIFA player of the year 5 years ago but that doesn't mean he's retained his levels. From what I reme in his last eyar at Barca and Milan who was very injury prone and you should know that the older a player is the longer it takes to heal.

Let's see them 1st Drako cos last year we were cussing them all year and they won the damn double at the end, thrashing the Gavroi in the final.

Gio walked through the 1st divison last year , one of his best seasons since coming to the limani. Johnny Walker huh? :P As for Rivaldo, sure you have a valid point, but a sides opinion on him will be proven wrong in the next coming weeks, nothing else to say really. We shall wait and see.

So you are agreeing that maric is only good for coming off the bench to keep a score (im sure there will be plenty of those situations, lol) epalle cannot control the ball with his feet, period. i dont care if he can do 100m in 2 seconds. you seem to actually have faith in these clowns, and raguel ? come on now.

Shoum....., nuff said. He has ruined everything Pao based herself on in those previous solid campaigns especially in CL (not trying to knock your club here, but the man is clueless and brings on ultra bland soccer with no fire) I would be pissed.

Vasilios, I think you'll know what and why I edited your post. Please don't repeat remarks like the one you just made. This is a warning.Thanks.

You also forget while thats the ideal team - Shoum never plays it. He always tries to fit in  the really really crappy players like Epalle and Maric in, thankfully Zutautas wont be one for a while.

I think we have to resign Angelos now- that would be like getting a rivaldo.... we need his experience and leadership.  I dont know what he wants in Portsmouth anyways.... sure its the richest league but hes going to be a nobody, live in England, get relegated and not play in europe---- other than the $$$ wheres the appeal???

I'll let you in a little secret. I've seen Mitu and he's better than Lakis (the only department Lakis beats him in pace, but it's not as if Mitu is slow.

We might have lost strength at right back but we have strengthened in the right -side of midfield.

You don't know for sure if Galinovic will be playing instead of Chalkias but if it is deemed he is better, why shouldnt he?

Epale and Maric are not crappy players. They are for specific conditions. Maric has excellent control and possesion skills and has the experience to come on the last 15-20 mins to "kill" a game we are leading 1-0 and are be pressured. Epale on the other hand has excitement, is fast and can cause major disturbances (i.e at Ibrox) with his unpredictability.

I think Zajec knows a lot more about football than you and all of us put together.

On the other hand, Rivaldo hasn't played for two years. In his year in Milan he was awarded the "worst foreigner of the season" award and in back in Brazil he didn't set the world on fire either.

Celtic were interested in him but only with the condition he trialed 1st. Rivaldo didn't accept. You think Martin O'Neill who has taken Celtic to the final and 1/8 finals of the UEFA Cup is a mug?

One of PAO's best assets last year was that all our players marked including Dimi and Mixalakis. Let's just see how the Gavroi fare with 2 "Johnny Walkers" in the team (Rivaldo- Gio).

Yes Rivaldo was FIFA player of the year 5 years ago but that doesn't mean he's retained his levels. From what I reme in his last eyar at Barca and Milan who was very injury prone and you should know that the older a player is the longer it takes to heal.

Let's see them 1st Drako cos last year we were cussing them all year and they won the damn double at the end, thrashing the Gavroi in the final.

first i want to adress vassili0's post

man i cant beleive you said that. whats wrong with you. (i have no clue what you said) :lol: :lol:

haha you got warned i never get warned....

as for Soum- he did lead a scrappy israeli side to beat your ass twice....then a scrappy PAO side to do it again the next year... also no if you read anything in this forum i have yet to see anything positive about Zutaut-suckass and Maric and Epalle and Raguel. I have no faith in THEM. But PAO has Dimi and Manoli and Michali and Eki and Minx and Gkoumas and Kirgiakos (wait to see how bad hes gonna F#$% up Rivaldo next time :nw: :nw: ) and Sanmartean has an occasional awesome moment. and Sapanis who is awesome. and the Czech guy.

for Evergreen,

Id say right and wrong....

Zaec knows more than me. It pains me to say it, but its true. But you cant deny hes had a healthy hand in bringing in players- with his own preferences- that they are Croatian.

My biggest fear is Xalkias wont get the 1st spot he deserves, and the reason would be cuz the other guys a croat. Xalkias has more experience, a euro champion, CL experience.... (other guy im pretty sure is not an international) and i think itll happen because of what i saw last year with favoritism and Shoum. He kept putting Zutautas in and he was SO AWFUL. Same with Maric and Epalle he cought on to... I dont think Galinovic is that bad, but I want Chalkias in there because hes a true PAO player.

Maric ive seen play. Hes pitiful. Zutautas has an occasional, occasional good game and scores a goal but most of the time i just want to vomit he so awful- and hes playing because of internal politics and favoritism and this is supposed to be a proffesional team, not the middle school team where the coach has his favourites and puts his son out there while the good kids sit the bench....

Theyre injuries are a big reason for us getting the double.

as for Mitu- im just pissed cuz we are being runover by the whole eastern bloc and he had to do with Zaec's favoritism of getting players from the Hrvatski league....i know we have better or just as good in greece or we could even have bought a big name player if we werent so damn stingy.

as for Rivalpalto, well im sure hes going to do a couple fancy tricks the first couple games, maybe a free kick or two.....and then the dissapointment begins....

:band:

You also forget while thats the ideal team - Shoum never plays it. He always tries to fit in  the really really crappy players like Epalle and Maric in, thankfully Zutautas wont be one for a while.

I think we have to resign Angelos now- that would be like getting a rivaldo.... we need his experience and leadership.  I dont know what he wants in Portsmouth anyways.... sure its the richest league but hes going to be a nobody, live in England, get relegated and not play in europe---- other than the $$$ wheres the appeal???

everything you said i agree with...i saw mitu as well and i have posted on the topic that he is a very dangerous player...i dont have to say anything because you have said it all!!!

:D :D

:( I guess they're not as bad as last year's but not completely what I'd hoped for. I'd be fine with it all if Basinas hangs on. If he does we're in for a big season. Forget Lakis, we missed that ship. Mitu from what it sounds is a pretty decent player. Who knows, maybe he rejuvinate our right wing the way Sanmartean brough some fresh air to our creativity in the midfield. Andric I don't know enough about but I think he'd make a great back up to Basinas thus throwing Zuta out of the picture. I don't think Raguel will feature ALL that much because I think Shum will try out him, Morris and Vyntra at the position and will eventually end up picking one of the latter two. Skacel I believe is our best signing and is a versatile player which is a real good thing. We can flip-flop him and Munch between left back and left wing and if Andric, Zutautas are in a funk and Basinas gets injured(Lets hope he stays firstly) we could well throw him in there. Bykowski is Vlaovic's replacement and that's it. He'll see maybe 2 or 3 games, even less than Demba so he doesn't really bother me that much. Galinovic I suppose is probably ok but from the facts, he was playing for a mid-table Croatian team and injured for part of last year, I just don't know if that's the ideal replacement for one of the world's most under-rated keepers who just won the Euro cup shutting out the French, Czechs and Portuguese. Get my drift? I obviously need to see and hear more of him but for now I'm sticking by Chalkias and Kotsolis for 1 and 2... ;)

Archived