Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be crazy, I am however a big supporter for promoting youngsters.

I believe that if we could sign someone like Lakis to cover for Jan, and Katsouranis to cover for Henriksen, that is all we need.

How can you say that our midfield sucks with Miltos, Equi, Basinas and a healthy Lucian? Adding a Lakis-type to that and we will be fine. I think it is solid. We can even use Oxyzoglou in that position.

Remember Rochas team in 94 that went to the semis of the CL? That team did not have any supertars. Half that team was made of our own kids. Basinas, Goumas, Markos were kids from the academy back then. We had unity as a team, not in names. That is what I want to see again.

Am I overly romantic? Maybe, but I rather see young Greek blood in the team that foreign.

i dunno where everyone got thins henriksen talk from..he still has one year left with the team..as for michaelsens departure..i think it isnt a massive loss..he is getting old and is looking to retire...vyntra is a good replacement for yiourkas and he has alot of the same skill as seitaridis....morris will def be very string in the back....all we are looking for is possibly another defender and def a right-wing midfielder and possibly one more midfiedler..possibly a striker too...not that many transfers are needed...in my opinion..we should have picked up Nilson fro sweden..i saw him yesterday and he was a very good player that could have really helped us....

I might be crazy, I am however a big supporter for promoting youngsters.

I believe that if we could sign someone like Lakis to cover for Jan, and Katsouranis to cover for Henriksen, that is all we need.

How can you say that our midfield sucks with Miltos, Equi, Basinas and a healthy Lucian? Adding a Lakis-type to that and we will be fine. I think it is solid. We can even use Oxyzoglou in that position.

Remember Rochas team in 94 that went to the semis of the CL? That team did not have any supertars. Half that team was made of our own kids. Basinas, Goumas, Markos were kids from the academy back then. We had unity as a team, not in names. That is what I want to see again.

Am I overly romantic? Maybe, but I rather see young Greek blood in the team that foreign.

woah slow down

that was probably the best PAO side i have seen in my own lifetime and may i say YES we had superstars.

Vazexa?!!?!!!!!!!!?!?!!!?!?

Borrelli??????????????!?

Donis kicked ass....

Apostolakis!

and oksyzoglou is nowhere near ready to play. If any youngster needs a shot i would say Gittas....

and Lakis would be an awesome if not perfect signing.

If you ask me, how much does a 35 yr old think he will be getting these days?

Thats true, it was time to move on, her served us well and we thank him, but its time for not necesarily new blood, but young blood.

Im hearing stuff about kalac the keeper coming to pao, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get him, he is hopeless and no better than tsorvas!!

big laugh :D

but to be honest who do u prefer him or kolinko?

kolinkos nose is even bigger than papadopoulos nose, so i say one big nose is enough :D

Michelsen i read is the 5th player to have left PAO this year.

i count 3

Giourkas

Nikopolidis or judas, which ever you prefer

Michelsen

the other two are?

karagounis, lymberopoulos, kolka where also playing in that game.

btw bring in a superstar :nw: :nw:

according to sportime we have bought popov(at loan at aek since jan.)

for a fee of 400,000 euro hes 20 years old and plays at same posision as yourkias

You did not bought him, you have stolen him.......... while AEK is waiting for the "Arthro44"....... like last year, we were waiting to EPO and m*****es.......,

You did not bought him, you have stolen him..........  while AEK is waiting for the "Arthro44"....... like last year, we were waiting to EPO and m*****es.......,

Stole him???? YEAH RITE!!!

You never owned him in the first place, AEK had the option to extend his loan period when it was finished...you never did....AEK had the option to sign him when his contract was over...but did not express an immediate interest.

He plays for another team, he is owned by another team....AEK has no say in where he eventually goes.

AEK missed out!! PAO scored!! No stealing involved.

But anywayz they say he signed with red star, so who knows!!!

Katsouranis and Henriksen play in completely differant positions.

Goumas and Basinas did not play in any Champions League games that season. Goumas play 8 in the league, usually coming on as a sub with 20 odd mins to go and Basinas played only a couple.

Markos was not from the PAO academy as we signed him from Naousa where he already was an U21 Greek International.

Evergreen and Drako,

I might have made a few mistakes and thank you for correcting me. My point being made though is that we came a long way without superstars. I would not call Borelli, Stratos and Warzycha superstars. Borelli back then was like Equi now. Both argentinian creative players, both relatively unknown. Borelli did well that year , but he was not the big name that made Greece shake. Warzycha was a great striker (arguably the greatest ever in this team), but neither he was the big name when he ca,e to Grece. Stratos was a big greek signing.

I prefer players like these.Like I said before, I rather spend 3 million euros getting 3 players 22-25 years old, talented and relatively unknown that go for someone like Almeyda for the same money.

The team that played Ajax consisted of Wandzik, Stratos, Kalitzakis, Markos, Kolitsidakis, Marangos, Kapouranis, Georgiadis, Warzycha, Donis, Borelli. You tell me where the big name is. And do not confuse great player with big name.

but to be honest who do u prefer him or kolinko?

kolinkos nose is even bigger than papadopoulos nose, so i say one big nose is enough :D

You must be joking, i actually liked Kolinko(George Lazenby)

Id pick kolinko over kalac, without even thinking, hell i would pay to get kolinko over kalac!!!

Big nose small nose, Kolinko has impressed me for latvia!! Hes probably the only reason i even bother watching latvia games!!

You chose the wrong guy to joke about kolinko LOL im a fan of his, even from his crystal palace days, when he got kicked out of the team, cause they copped a goal and he was on the bench he laughed is head off!!!

Basinas is out of the door and after seeing him in Euro2004 I have to say I am glad. He has been s%$#! so far for Ethniki. I cuold have kicked his ass during the match against France.

I say we don't need that idiot anymore.

Sell him to Kalamaria or someone :rolleyes:

Archived