Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

Some bosnian, played/was at bayern in his early days( probably didnt live up to his potential) and ended up in lower teams.

By the way Mariano Gonzalez is now a part of palermo :angry:

everyone thought munch was washed up too...i know we have made bad signings in the past....but the recent signings have been very good...he may not be a superstar..but if he helps the team doing what we need ill take him...hes alittle oler but if he gives us what we need then thats fine with me..everyone thought munch was a waste of a signature...now look at him...face it boys..we will never sign HUGE star players...our only hope is to sign players that will help the team doing what we need...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he may not be a superstar..but if he helps the team doing what we need ill take him...

I agree thats is right. chances are he will turn out a great player for us, and in that case i would want him 2.

However, munch was a last minute signing, this time, we have plenty of time to look around.

I havent seen him play that much but from what ive seen he is capable of making a difference, skillfull, light on his feet, creative, aggressive, not the strongest of players though.

I also saw im years ago in an under 17 Youth tournament when brazil played australia in the final, and i have to say i earmarked him for big things very big things but hes still at reggina...but seriously he can be awesome.

Im quoting myself HOLLYWOOD, from a previous post about Mozart, seems u missed it or didnt bother read it!

Niko Kranjcar

Dinamo

Position: AM

Nationality: Croatia

Date of Birth: 13/08/1984

Place of Birth: Zagreb, Croatia

Height: 184 cm

Weight: 82 kg

International honours: U16, U17, U18 & U21caps, Full international caps

He is one of the hottest future stars of the world. The son of great Zlatko Kranjcar is with his 19 years the captain of Dinamo Zagreb! He plays offensive midfield but also forward. Many clubs like Arsenal, Inter, Milan want to have him. It is just a question of time!

Fantastic young player. He is younger version of Zinedine Zidane. He is a creative midfielder and in the future he will be a great player.

No exaggeration!!

Forget Kranicar guys :P.The fact that all the european clubs are interested in him means we can forget any hopes of attaining him. His value will be way out of our price range and subsequently,,,and even know zaec has strong links in croatia via his former position as technical director of croatia soccer as well as having well known panathinaikos croatian scout mario bonic,,,i think this player wont come to our club.

Now that Drobny coming to PAO is looking unlikely, as he his not free anymore, we are now looking at Andreas Isaksson, from sweden who plays for Djugarden IF. My view is that he is a better solution than Drobny anyway.

Forget Isaksson,

if he decides to go pro before the Euro , he will go to Rennes , where his buddy and former team player K?llstr?m is. If he waits til after the Euro, then a bigger club will get him. He is way too good and way to young to come to Greece.

I think that we should stick to tradition and promote our own goalies. We should go with Halkias as no 1, Kotsolis as backup and Tzorvas as third choice. This won't happen though. We will eventually buy a goalie. Lets hope in that case it is Embede.

And as PAO fans we should just submit and understand that rennes is such a better team to go to pffft hell no!!

As for Embede i still am not convinced he is good enough for PAO, regardless how safe he seems he has a high error rate. Without trying to offend, i can count the amount of decent black keepers on one hand. If we want a decent european performance, we either have to sign somebody outside greece, or just stick with halkias/kotsolis, who are the best in greece anyway.

Keep Halkias/Kotsolis

OR

Keeper outside Greece

I am not saying that Rennes is a better team. All I am saying is that the french league has a higher status than the Greek. I know Swedish players, they rather go to a better league with high competition with a chance to play a couple of years in a mediocre team, than move to a top team in Greece with the only chance to be seen are the 6 games of the CL. If he does well in Rennes, then the eyes of PSG, Monaco, and Lyon will open for him. That is how they think.

As far as the other question , I have stated my preference. Stick with Halkias, Kotsolis and Tzorvas.

Its not a matter of what we need its a matter of what the PAO board thinks we need. They stated that they a looking for a keeper and another 3 players, and thats what were a working with. Most of us if not all of us agree that we dont need a keeper, but if we are gonna get one anyway then hes got to be decent.

Zaec has repeatedly said he doesnt rate that many greek players, who can improve our squad, so i have doubts on katsouranis/lakis coming. He thinks he has a talent for scouting immensely talented players from uknown places, thats why we will eventually obtain unheard of guys jus like sanmartean etc

I pray that i never hear players i actually want in the rumour cycle, because that just rules them out as an actual tranfer.

Next in line in the rumour cycle, is Thomas Kahlenberg 21yrs old, Brondby 29 games 11 goals, Attacking Mid, Hailed the new laudrup, in the danish Euro squad, free in the summer.

though not a must, a good and stable goalie is a crucial factor for a team to be successful in Europe. :smartass: there are exceptions to this, i mean i remember many teams whose goalie sucked but had a good run in Europe (Leverkusen - Butt, Porto - Baia, Dinamo Kiev - Shovkovski :lol: ...etc) but still i believe a GK needs to be signed if PAO wants success in Europe. Ebede is a gamble but i think he will be solider between the sticks than Halkyas is. He (Halkyas) is not a guy to live up to the crucial games which he showed in the games against PAOK, AEK & Gauro.... :tdown:

as for Isaksson, sign him if u can but it's hard! But he is sure to be the best solution out there! :tup:

there are exceptions to this, i mean i remember many teams whose goalie sucked but had a good run in Europe (Leverkusen - Butt, Porto - Baia, Dinamo Kiev - Shovkovski  :lol: ...etc)

When leverkusen was in champions league Hans Jorg-Butt was rated one of the best keepers in Germany. He even threatened Kahn's position in the German team. So u cant say he sucked!

Vitor Baia has been to many respectable clubs and was at one stage favourite at barcelona. He is still a great keeper despite his age. So u cant say he sucked!

Shovkovski sucked!

come on mate, butt was the reason why they lost that final to Real which they dominated. raul's first goal was a goalkeeping disaster and i also remember him conceding silly goals against Lyon in the group stage. Butt kicked Butt, really :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

baia was a great keeper once but when his team needs him in 'that' crucial moment he is never or hardly there or thereabouts.

we seem to agree on shovkovskyi, though. i still remember the goal he absoultely let in from 50 yards when Kyiv led Bayern 2-0 in the 45th min of the semi final first leg. it was even worse than Kahn's slip against Real this year.

anyway, i don't believe that any one of tziorvas, halkyas or kotsollis is able to carry PAO but with a miraculous performance from the defence, thingz may change...

Its ok we disagree on 2 out of 3...but(not butt) i have to say that all keepers do major blunders sometimes..its part of soccer!

i can name heaps, but il just mention kahn(worldclass keeper)...and rustu(cause u are familiar with him)

shovkovskyi performances in the champions league has been a great benefit of dinamo.

when dinamo reached the semi finals he made some worldclass saves, and then in 2 games against barca the year after, dinamo won 3-0 at home and then a amazing 4-0 trashing at the nou camp that shocked barca and the rest of the football world 100.000 barca fans cheered dinamo, shovkovskyi had atleast 20 worldclass saves in nou camp.

ps how many did nikopolidis have? he only needed one and we were off to the semifinals, the 3 biggiest changes that barca had all ended up in goals

shovkovskyi performances in the champions league has been a great benefit of dinamo.

Yes he did perform well, but my opinion on him is not based only on his CL form, he is an erratic keeper who will win you 1 game and lose you 5, he makes the easy look hard and the hard look easy, hardly a keeper u would rely on and have confidence in. Dont forget...one of nikopolidis good qualities was that the players on the park were confident with him in goals, and that meant they performed better! If on top of playing a difficult game, you are also worried if u keepers is gonna get nuttied or have butterfingers, or rush out at wrong times, u just play s%$#! as a result. Trust in ur keeper equals a better performance

Does Chalkias/Kotsolis have that trust from the players? i doubt it sometimes

Archived