Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliseh Pros & Cons

Pros

Very experienced in highest level of football, healthy, european passport, very sound defensively.

Cons

Bad tempered (Bochum let him go cause he fractured a players nose), AGE(when you get a player at his thirties chances are you're gonna get stuck with him for at least 3 years), offensively useless, WAY PAST HIS BEST, he is no Katsouranis.

Regarding SOUSA I've confirmed he is definately a DM.

I don't want Oliseh. He's too old and can't get along with his teammates as he showed with Vahid Hashemian this year at Bochum. Plus Hashemian kicked his ass in the fight :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel that my worst fears are being confirmed, we're not going after Katsouranis, but we're gonna gamble once again with somebody with a smaller price tag... :(

The best Nigerian player is JJ Okocha. Can we persuade him to come to PAO? He hasn't signed and new contract with Bolton yet. Perhaps the promise of Champions League will lure him. But I don;t think so; besides his wage demands are too high.

I suppose luring Okocha from the premier league to Greece will be hard, but wasnt he playing in Turkey before Bolton. Still in with a shot if thats true - plus we are in Champions League.

But than again this is just spinning s%$#! if JJ was to come or not! lol

Lets just build a PAO dream team while were at it!

Sergio Conceicao would want to perform well at EURO before he signs a new contract at a new team to increase his appeal to all European clubs.

He is a good player - but we are competing at the high end of the market once players start performing at Euro this summer as all the scouts from all over Europe will be focused there.

Verdict: Unrealistic

Its not only that we are competing with bigger clubs and the euro performance increasing value/interest, but will the pao board even look that way, i mean he is 30. Even though he is quality i jus dont think the board will be looking for another temporary solution for the wing, cause it jus means that in 2/3 years, they are gonna have 2 spend money again for a quality winger.

Sergio Conceicao would want to perform well at EURO before he signs a new contract at a new team to increase his appeal to all European clubs.

He is a good player - but we are competing at the high end of the market once players start performing at Euro this summer as all the scouts from all over Europe will be focused there.

Verdict: Unrealistic

Sergio Conceicao is not included in Portuguese squad for EURO'04... :tdown:

Even though he is quality i jus dont think the board will be looking for another temporary solution for the wing, cause it jus means that in 2/3 years, they are gonna have 2 spend money again for a quality winger.

I don't see why Conceicao is temporary and Oliseh could be permanent. And the fact that he is free means that PAO will not have to pay shitloads of money. Just to give him a good contract. If we are gonna be competent in CL this year other than talented young players we need some well established names with experience in top competitions.

If you ask me I would love to have a couple of big names in the team.

The problem with whether he is a temporary solution, the problem's the money...or should I say Kavouria.

mkafes

Oliseh falls in the same category as Conceicao.Nobody said he would be permanent. But they would both be welcome additions to the squad.

From Warzycha talking recently i dont think we are going to sign a player 30 and over. Well i hope anyway. I believe Pao will be looking at getting players who can stay for a while and gel in the team as soon as possible. Hard task but looks like PAO's budget will be getting bigger.

There are heaps of players we will look at and that are available for free and even some we might pay for.

And for everyone i believe Pao's budget is unlimited if they wish. Warzycha signed with an open cheque book now he is retired and will probably get less. Have a feeling both Olympiakos and Pao will spend big on a few players. But pao will probably get the younger ones (meaning up to 28) and less known than Olympiako. Fingers crossed.

Anyway seitaridis reported to Porto so that opens up another signing maybe. hopefully not a 30 and above player.

As a fan you love seeing a guy in his 20's than 30 and over. Fingers crossed again.

who the hell is this guy?  :angry:  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:  :(

Some bosnian, played/was at bayern in his early days( probably didnt live up to his potential) and ended up in lower teams.

By the way Mariano Gonzalez is now a part of palermo :angry:

Archived