Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

guyz, do u always need money to achieve things? OK, PAO board in CM is penniless but the team has a good squad and with a good run of form you can achieve a treble, just like i did!!!

Sell Munch, Papadopoulos and Nikopolidis for good... renew with Fysas & Seitaridis

Play Olisadebe & Mihali up front and sell them at the end of the season (you can get a bunch of 24m € in total)...

Try to sign Kakalov and Todorov (score 85 goals in total per season)...

...and find a good GK and a quality centre-back to help Kyrgiakos (my GK is Chiotis who is for some bitchy reason a great GK in the game and the centre-back is Tieme Klompe)...

this is the team that ran over Chelsea (3-0) in the CL Final in 2004-05...

Hiotis - Seitaridis, Klompe, Kyrgiakos, Fysas - Mariano Gonzalez (signed on a 2.4m€ deal in July 04), Basinas, Alexander Rondon, Paolo Farinola - Kakalov, Todorov...

SAYGILAR :lol: ...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am all for players form greece leaving overseas regardless for what team.It helps the national team, and attracts more interest to our greek league and players.

Im not talking just for basinas but in general. Its not like basinas is an irreplaceable commodity, someone will eventually replace and better him in the future, i dont think our board was stupid enough to base our team entirely on basinas, even when he was practically gone preseason.

Even without basinas, there will be brighter times ahead, especially after the dark period we had with him anyway!

this transfer doesnt at all help greeek football. playing in a league not that much greater in a small role for a club with no hope of anything ever doesnt do anything. the player gets more money and more wellknown but as far as talent is only exposed to the english league-Champions league is the ultimate and his role is critical. Leaving PAO would do nothing for the national team.

he is our best player in experience, leadership, skill and spirit. PAO needs him and Basinas needs PAO a hell of a lot more than Portsmouth.

How can all our best Greek players going overseas b good?? i mean look at the Serbs, all there best players went over seas and left their League in a s%$#! standard with no good players or exposure e.g Red Star... and not mention there national team hasnt had much success either( they play as individuals rather then a unit which is because they have moved to bigger clubs thinking there heros)... i think basinas should stay coz like drakos said portsmouth is a s%$#! club with not much exposure.... :tdown: Kojak :tdown: i think ur opinion is stupid coz if we do what u wnt us to do, then will end up like the serbs.. haveing good players overseas but no success in the national team and our league will become even shiter then it is.....

How can all our best Greek players going overseas b good?? i mean look at the Serbs, all there best players went over seas and left their League in a s%$#! standard with no good players or exposure e.g Red Star... and not mention there national team hasnt had much success either( they play as individuals rather then a unit which is because they have moved to bigger clubs thinking there heros)... i think basinas should stay coz like drakos said portsmouth is a s%$#! club with not much exposure.... :tdown: Kojak :tdown: i think ur opinion is stupid coz if we do what u wnt us to do, then will end up like the serbs.. haveing good players overseas but no success in the national team and our league will become even shiter then it is.....

serbian league became dismal because all the players left correct?? ok i agree.

The greek league is already dismal?? y expose our talented players to the greek league only? they will never get better.

and again, im not saying for all greek players to go overseas, im merely saying that if some of them do go, it is still good for greek football in general.

i am all for having an awesome league with all our top players, in greece, as has been all the previous years, but i dont see the greek league improving, and if you do hollywood, then your opinion is stupid.

i want basinas too stay...but if he goes overseas, im still happy, overseas he will be representing greece, in greece he is only representing his club.

exposure to champions league is great...but not when you never win anything!

again im talking in general, not just about goin to portsmouth.

basinas will not win anyhting in england and cant even make a decent euro run because they arent evem in a euro competition...here he has the chance at the double and a good euro run..he is the captain and as far as money is concerned, i dont believe HE is getting significantly more....the club may be gettin 4.5 but he sees nonthing of that...i think greeks should stay and go but only if they have a chance to win something..look at alot of greeks abroad....charisteas, seitaridis, dellas, stelios, karagounis, fyssas...they all have the chance to possibly win something...i honestly believe the greek league is going to be better this year then in previous years...smaller teams are building somewhat good players and decent teams...if it were another team (ie something like liverpool) making the offer, i would be less pissed if he went because they actaully have a chance at somethig...i believe portsmouth are a team of probably lesser quality then pao...plus basinas is 28...how long would he stay for...2 years?? i dont think it would be practical, smart or better for greece if he left....

serbian league became dismal because all the players left correct?? ok i agree.

The greek league is already dismal?? y expose our talented players to the greek league only? they will never get better.

and again, im not saying for all greek players to go overseas, im merely saying that if some of them do go, it is still good for greek football in general.

i am all for having an awesome league with all our top players, in greece, as has been all the previous years, but i dont see the greek league improving, and if you do hollywood, then your opinion is stupid.

i want basinas too stay...but if he goes overseas, im still happy, overseas he will be representing greece, in greece he is only representing his club.

exposure to champions league is great...but not when you never win anything!

again im talking in general, not just about goin to portsmouth.

ok so pao doesnt win the cl

they at least compete- oh and ARE THERE. that is the best footbal tournament- portsmouth will never see this. theyre going to be bottom 5 and nobody will ever care about it. at least PAO has chances domestically too- portsmouth doesnt have

this and the worthington cup is not really competition.

if Basinas moved he would only get exposure to the english league, where in greece he has a domestic league and the premier club competition in europe....

if hes going to go abroad he should go to an italian or spanish club or a big german club because thats the only club hed get better at. not in england.

I think it's great that Greek players go overseas to leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany; good leagues like these. But for a great team like ours to treat their players like dirty socks so they can make a quick buck is WRONG and goes against the very nature of this sport. When you're really close to something special in Europe, you don't go and sell half the team; success doesn't work that way. BASINAS MUST STAY!!!

but i dont see the greek league improving, and if you do hollywood, then your opinion is stupid.

And this is why our League will never improve coz of people like u who have no faith in it... :tdown:

P.S i do see the League improving hell i have hope that one day our League will b regarded as one of the top Leagues, u jst got to keep the faith man :unsure:

How can all our best Greek players going overseas b good?? i mean look at the Serbs, all there best players went over seas and left their League in a s%$#! standard with no good players or exposure e.g Red Star... and not mention there national team hasnt had much success either( they play as individuals rather then a unit which is because they have moved to bigger clubs thinking there heros)... i think basinas should stay coz like drakos said portsmouth is a s%$#! club with not much exposure....  Kojak  i think ur opinion is stupid coz if we do what u wnt us to do, then will end up like the serbs.. haveing good players overseas but no success in the national team and our league will become even shiter then it is.....

You cannot compare the Serbs with Greece. Do you even blame the players playing for themselves in their National games after what they have been through.

And at least Red Star has won Champions League, 1990. And they only started competing in European competitions just recently, when Partizan Belgrade made Champions League last season. They were the first Serb team to make Champions League Post War. Players were leaving because they couldnt compete against the rest of Europe with Serb teams. I know all this because I have alot of Serb friends who remind me when were arguing about Soccer.

Anyways, Basinas is not completely irreplaceable.

The proof is in the pudding. I'm not really doubting this kids skills or talents..but people in Greece, no matter who they support, always want a player who is a "name", someone who is established the football world.

Remember how everyone swas raving how Sanmartean was going to be a superstar. Well, he certainly looked impressive at times. And yet at others, he didn't. Young players take time. Maybe Skacel will be one of those that Pao's supporters will learn to like with time.....as long as he produces good football that is.

Archived