Phantis Forums

2024-2025 Pre Season Training News and Games

Once again the pre-season training will take place in Horst, Holland

- players to report in Thessaloniki in June 20, 2024

- training sessions at Nea Mesimvria (June 24 - June 29, 2024)

- pre-season training at Horst, Holland (July 1 - July 15). Four per-season friendlies are planned.

A full 30 days off. A far cry from the bad old days. Hopefully we make this a tradition too?

Saw in passing that Sastre and Brandon Thomas flew back home on the same flight, and had a little impromptu interview. Cool to see, not that I know a word of Spanish beyond "hola bebe, cuanto??"

• Like it 1

That makes so much sense - I completely missed the fact that they were both from Mallorca. Makes sense that they were on the same flight, then

• 2 weeks later...

First two friendlies have been announced:

NEC Nijmegan, (with a name like that, how could they not be from the Netherlands?) : https://www.transfermarkt.us/nec-nijmegen/startseite/verein/467

And Genk: https://www.transfermarkt.us/krc-genk/startseite/verein/1184

Both very good choices for preseason opponents, IMO. I am sure we'll see one of those semi-amateur teams as an early match too.

Apparently we have a fourth friendly about to be announced (in addition to the three previously mentioned); this time it's against Cercle Brugge. Interesting; I literally didn't even know that team existed.

Cercle shares the stadium with Club. Club is blue and black. Cercle is green and black. They change the colours of the Jan Breydel stadium for every match!!!!

They will play in the Europa League next season. It's their fourth European campaign. Last time they played (2010/2011 season) in Europe they met Anorthosis and were eliminated the qualifiers. 

• Like it 1