Phantis Forums

Europa League 2015-2016

Tzatziki

Budgets didn't come into it when you beat Arsenal, most of you guys expected a win because you all said you had a good record against Belgian clubs. You should never under estimate your opponent, in saying that though I expect Oly to go through unless they cop an early goal in the 2nd leg, other than that cant see them being troubled.

The clubs budgets are for all intents and purposes similar.  The truth is Anderlecht are worthy opponents and may very well go through to the next round of the EL.  They are not some easy beat club.  Should be an interesting game in Greece.

Edited by Bananas

Tough loss today, Roberto really gifted them that goal. Other than that we played reasonably well just no killer instinct up front. When Ideye hit that post in the opening ten minutes I had a feeling this match would not go our way.

Still a goal deficit is no big deal. Silva needs to find the right 11 to get the job done, the players got to be hungrier in the final third, possession does not win games, goals do.

Malista.  Kai me 1-2 pali xirotera.

1-0 FT.. OLY had more of the play and better chances, but could not finish.

Sounds like PAOK in the GSL most of the time.

And this loss also sent Greece to 13th spot in UEFA rankings, so 2017/18 will be even harder to qualify for CL....

I wouldn't be surprised if we fall to 15th or 16th in the coming years.  The power houses of Croatia and Romania are breathing down our necks.  Who would've thunk it.

1-0

Result I expected as Anderlecht has a bigger budget than us and are playing at home where they are unbeaten in 11 months. We played well, but that is football. Roberto cost us.

Reaper never said that, stop the non sense dude....