Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

52 minutes ago, Amorgos said:

Two different players re, what don't you get about that? Mantalos is a very effective CAM with great finishing, don't get me wrong, nothing against Fetfa, get him on the wing, just don't get why you keep comparing the two

I just find their playing style similar. I also like to have Fetfatzidis back in the team, I just don't know if he is the same player or if he is regressed, because this team could do with a higher tempo.

Edited by Dean97

i would go with this agianst estonia.

-----------------------------karnezis---------------------------

torosidis-----------manolas-----sokratis----------holebas

-----------------------maniatis----papadopoulos------------

--gianniotas--------------fortounis--------------mantalos--

------------------------------mitroglou--------------------------

just let the attacking midfielders swap position with eachother when they like or think its needed so they dont stick to one place. and if one of the fullbacks attack let kyriakos cover for them. tzavellas is injured so he wont be playing. we gave cyrpus way to much space sometimes around the box and stafylidis was and looked lost so we need kyriakos there. why not tachtsidis starting? we looked very slow against cyprus and tachtsidis will only add to that.

Edited by Nikitas

not that I've heard of. Ranieri had an eye for talent picking him out from Aek in the 2nd division.

Fetfa should be included. if clubless Tziolis and Maniatis can make the squad, might as well choose fetfa who's lighting up saudi arabia who by the way tied australia 2-2. SA isn't too shabby. one of the better asian sides, NT and club wise.

• Like it 1

Pana Tachtsidis was man of the match against Hungary, he tore them a new belly button and never saw him again. He wasn't done anything wrong. I would also prefer Kolokotroni at CDM ahead of Tziolara.

Taxi has an effective passing game,which is suited to CDM, why not have him permanently there? Last time he played, he was our best player against Hungary. The coach finds it difficult to understand this. Even when Samari comes back, he can be the no.8, box to box style, of which he is primarily, and where he played when he scored a great goal in the World cup.

Maniati should be superseded by a fresh new face or two. Skibbe has to learn to identify talent. 

This coach has a system whereby he would previously pick squad players late in their careers like Vyntra, Moras and Siovas, but basically not play them. Now there is Tziolis. This could be for continuity of an existing so-called strong culture within the team.

I don't think having Tziol there to look up to and influence younger players is the right choice. He will start doing this with Maniati soon too. This is just not allowing young fresh players opportunity to come into the squad.

I think Samaris should be a box to box midfielder and not stay so deep. I think we should try a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Tachtsidis, Fortounis and Samaris. 

I think Samaris can do more higher up the pitch. I think the number 6 role limits him but the number 10 role is also too much. He needs to be in more balanced role where he is contributing in both attack and defence. 

Maniatis is a very good worker in midfield and can be a difference in not conceding, but we need faster and more creative players there who can pass and move off the ball.

In my opinion I think going forward we should have Kyriakos as the holding midfielder with Samaris working together with Mantalos and Fortounis to create for Mitroglou.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

Players have to be careful Not to play too well for the Pyrates. Samaris played as a no.8 when he scored a magnificent World Cuo goal, then he was thrown in deep to play as no.6 after that successful campaign. Taxi played out of his skin V Hungary and disappeared ever since.

Hellas must play Taxi 6, Samaris 8 and Fortounis 10  in the heart of their midfield with Mantalos on the wing.

The Pyrates are so healthy in CAM position with Fortounis, Mantalos and Ninis. Also, in the Second Striker position with Karelis and Bakasetas. Although we play 2nd strikers on the wings.  

• Like it 2

I agree with you on that. Now im just going to show everyone Samaris with his old club Panionios and Olympiakos where he was played a bit further up as a number 8. He scored more when he was in and around the box then 15 yards away from it. Also shows how the defensive mid role limits him. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

We'd beat most other NT's with this line up.

Mitroglou

Fortounis Mantalos

Tatchsi Samaris

Holebas - Sokratis- K paps - Manolas - Torosidis

Karnezis

I think this lineup is the only we really have a shot of beating belgium.

Edited by georgelaz

Jose just wants to stick it to Skibbe. He feels that he should get minutes, especially when two defenders went down early. Skibbe opted to put an inexperienced CB to play RB over playing Holebas. He plays in the EPL, he's effective and he is pissed; rightly so. It's a shame he took such a drastic decision. Here's hoping he changes his mind. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

Ok, if infact LB Cholevas has opted to retire from Tzioli's  boythes, thereis enough cover at LB. Who comes in to join the squad as RB back-up, Bakakis, Skondras or Kitsiou? We need more squad balance. Leave Kolokotroni and Pythagoras out of fullback positions.

3 hours ago, georgelaz said:

We'd beat most other NT's with this line up.

Mitroglou

Fortounis Mantalos

Tatchsi Samaris

Holebas - Sokratis- K paps - Manolas - Torosidis

Karnezis

I think this lineup is the only we really have a shot of beating belgium.

This lineup and formation should 100% be used with the one exception of tachtsidis. He is to slow and casual to play at this level. But the rest of this looks fantastic.

A country like Greece who lacks depth needs all of there best players on the field at once. U can't sit kpaps. And the holebas as a wing back is lethal

• Like it 1

K. Paps was solid on the right for what it's worth.  I don't see much wrong with that move in that moment I take him on the pitch any day when needing to defend vs Holebas and an attacking player is not what was needed at the time.  

People may not like Holebas omission from the start but after our early lead and injuries I very much agree he was not the right player to come in.  

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic