Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

I doubt anyone outside Greece would want to get involved with a club. It's not worth it from a business perspective. Then what's left? The excitement of the sport? The spectacle? The fame? Appeal to the consumer or mass appeal? Buying respect as the owner? What?

From the outside, it's a bunch of diminishing-in-numbers..natives who are dancing ontop of a burnt rubble. Unfortunately the natives can't get their s%$#! together to do the necessary reforms, and they haven't realized that most people have turned away from this sport. A sport that used to be the king but nowadays has to compete with all sorts of other venues, social media, and choices people (especially younger ones) have.... And, it's not competing by offering value.   OK. it offers value to those who get their kicks through violence.  

Only a crazy rich Greek, who loves his team, would get involved. But unless there's a strong group of owners along with political leadership who are committed to do the right thing and rescue this sport, NOTHING will happen. The lunatics are already running the asylum. :argue:

No one wanted to save AEK. Only when they went to the third division did Tiger come in and take complete control. If PAO were allowed to fall as they should have - I think the chances are high they would be like AEK. No one will touch PAO as long as Alafouzos is calling the shots.

Why would Tiger assume debts born of other people's incompetence? Kala ekane... However,

1- PAO is PAO. We will never be like AEK. You say PAO "should" of fallen? Ha! Please refrain from typing fallacies. It is paying its debts (incurred under the leadership of the very Gavro-endorsed Tzigger) therefore it is rightfully playing in the top division.

2-PAO's legacy does not permit it to use the AEK model of dropping to the bottom to waive its debts. PANATHINAIKOS means maxitiki psixi! PAO sucks it up and goes through tough times to pay off its debts seeing as we unlike you don't get government handouts nor does the team neglect to pay debts from the 1970s to the early 1990s. (We are also lucky not to have our history tarnished by characters like Salieris and Marinakis.. Guys that went to jail or belong there). All this while sustaining repeated attacks by the very red system, EPO, Kontoni, batsoi... Do I wish we had better results on the field? Sure... But Under the circumstances, gustaro and I'm proud of this team's balls. Like I said many times before, we are paying our debts, we have acquired our own training grounds, Leoforos will be renovated giving us a stable home... Not bad for tough times. What has Tiger done for AEK again?

3- Alafouzos is a caretaker during this hard time. He has expressed multiple times that the minute a big shot is ready to take over, he will gladly hand the rains. The minute PAO's debts are significantly reduced, I suspect a big player will move in to take PAO in a new era. Until then I'm glad Alafouzos is providing leadership and Millions to keep us afloat..

Edited by Giourkas

I don't blame Meli for dropping us to 3rd division, as said above why pay debts that aren't yours? And in those 2 years we were away what did we miss? F*** all.

If AEK didn't get relegated I don't think we would've dropped to 3rd division, but since we did it only made sense to drop another and clear our debts and its been the best thing we ever did.

As for Meli and what he's done for AEK, well he has the club running better than ever, players and management are getting paid on time, he has built a decent side who are achieving good things along the way, he has given the fans belief again, something we didn't have the last few years. There is much more focus on our academies. Lastly he has his team sitting 2nd and only spending 160K along the way (how much has PAO and PAOK spent?) so the laugh really is on EVERY team below us on the ladder as they are below a newly promoted team and a so called owner who is labelled a tightass for not spending.

^^ wtf? Get your facts strait JVC.

Playoffs is for a CL spot, which is a m*****a in my opinion but if we do finish 2nd in the League then really the joke is on everyone else below us, especially since we haven't spent money.

Although you are currently sitting pretty in 2nd spot, are you happy that Tiger promises the world yet doesn't spend much? I don't get your statement... It's ok that your legacy has been tarnished to wipe debt, only to have one of the wealthiest men in Greece not spend much? How's the stadium coming along? Take it from me, having lived through hollow promises of Tzigger, Botanikos projects, and the m#$%! Tsipra's meddling, I can smell bourdes a mile away. I hope for you I'm wrong, but in your place I would be concerned. On the day PAO is debt free, and a powerful individual takes over and Should he choose to undertake a frugal approach, I would be pissed...

Reaper: let's assume that one day, Marinakis packs up and leaves, the CL money ceases coming in, and Oly accumulates unsustainable debt, would you be happy dropping to the 3rd division to erase your debts? What would that do to your "thrylos" legacy? Or is that the right move for every other Greek team but yours?

Edited by Giourkas

JVC, I ask you, would you preferred he left and we dropped to the bottom division? You don't think that is worse? The stigma of that shame will forever tarnish your legacy.

I for one prefer what has been accomplished under his leadership. He undertook a homeless last place bound team, loaded with debt, and is slowly guiding it to sustainability. He also won a CUP with no budget! All this while having the balls to speak out against the system. He is fighting forces who look to destroy our club, as well as misguided Panathinaikoi that believe Tzigger was a better leader! An einai dinaton!!! Instead of infighting, PAO's lao must unify gamoto... We all want better results on the field but this infighting will not get us there..

Again, he's all we've got until someone steps in. Given that he is spending HIS money on a caretaker basis, I am great full he is there.

Edited by Giourkas

Panathinaikos is a cursed team ever since Kapetanios parted ways!

There was no person to replace him and all of us who are a few years older and experienced his parting know it very well!

None of this current VOURKO,TELMA whatever you want to name it, would have happened if Kapetanios stayed in the helm!

The mere fact he was insulted and swarned upon in numerous occasions led him to do things that he definitely did not want to.

Kapetanios meant power,money,ego,an eye to pick winners and determination to reach the top!

None of them the current caretaker possesses!

The sooner the current caretaker realizes that he needs to part ways with the team,the better off Panathinaikos will be.

The current caretaker is not fit to run a football club the magnitude of Panathinaikos.

I said it before and i will repeat it: The roster that he amused would never be allowed to participate in any Paiania activity,not even passing by it!

In other words ?THEY ARE USLESS AND NOT A PANATHINAIKOS MATTERIAL!

SOLUTION:

We need someone who knows how to run a Football Club the size of PANATHINAIKOS!

We need someone who meets all the Kapetanios requirements and criteria!

If this person is out there and is willing to bring our team back to winning ways and glory,I would ask him to step up to the plate NOW!

I would suggest Mr. Pateras take over before the end of the season and start clearing house!

He is the only one who has been tried and was very successful at it.

Friends we can not have any of this mess for an infinite amount of time!

Panathinaikos is not what the current image depicts.

It needs to be corrected.

We should not allow anyone to make our team,its reputation and image even smaller in the eyes of our adversaries and ours!

Edited by Lamiara ole
  • Like it 1

Your post is fine and dandy. I too want Pateras to come in and kick ass without any prisoners... HOWEVER, until such a president steps up, who better than Alafouzos?

Do you prefer a leaderless club? THAT is a recipe for TOTAL disaster. We are talking bottom leagues. And as Aris has demonstrated a couple of times, that can be disastrous and very difficult to overcome. A leaderless PAO can find itself stuck in a far worse quagmire for years on end.

We all want results, but without patience, (waiting for the right man to take over following the clearing of our debts) we risk a very high risk of falling off a precipice into a far steeper pit. Chasing Alafouzo off with pitchforks is risky if nobody is there to pick up the pieces. And don't take my word for it, ask AEK fans how a leaderless club fared for them a few seasons back...

Edited by Giourkas

What profit?!???!?????? You are going to drive me nuts with your misinformed statements.

PAO is paying off debts. As in unpaid player wages from Tzigger's era for players like Eki Gonzalez!!!! Guys that haven't played for us in a decade!!!

Yet he is doing just that. Slowly honouring the club's obligations.

The man has even added training facilities to the club's assets. Something Kapetanos didn't do (for some older fans)! Heck, his miserable nephew wanted to charge PAO rent after he left his debt riddled shares to Symaxia for the use of Paenia after he and his family pocketed millions from the club over 30 years of ownership.

I chose gladly to suffer now for something bigger in the future. Because, the Vardis rule was one of accepting 2nd place, pocketing millions from the club, and hiding behind the claim that the team was never in the red, (which ended up being a load of crap given the state of the club when they finally left..

Also, Kapetanos pocketed millions by dismantling the '96 semifinal CL team and not really reinvesting in the team in the process, let alone strengthening an already impressive club. This complacency/greed allowed Kokkalis to install his paragga... And the rest is history.

Edited by Giourkas

This will be my last post on this matter...

Ask yourselves why the gavroi in this thread endorse the Vardis: complacency? Acceptance being number 2? Loading debt, Etc..

And why they mock/ridicule Alafouzos who is paying off debts, has the guts to speak out about the red system, brought to light Marinakis' extracurricular (heroine) activities, is adding assets (training Center) to the team...

Note, they did the same with Pateras a few years back...

You cannot dismiss his overall work based on a few bad results which ironically are tainted by the trixa mandalo who red carded our CAPTAIN over NOTHING. Wake up, a war is being waged on us.

For me it's too obvious... I will always support the guy they hate because it means that person is doing his job right.

Edited by Giourkas

Why aren't the fans doing something to help pao? Ain't panathinkos supporter run? And why would epo allow oly to rule Greek football? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for Greece to have a few good sides getting into Europe and competing for the title? Epo would get more money and the clubs would benefit from having more income! Don't you think your chairman is trying to deflect the problems by blaming oly and epo and there is somewhat of a conspiracy going on?

How do you know that? Has epo come out and said this? Has epo been giving money to Olympiakos? Has epo been paying panathinkos to lose and for pana players to play poor on purpose? Please explain to me why panathinkos getting knocked out of the cup by atromitos got anything to do with Olympiakos.........were they involved in the game? I don't get it explain it to me.........?!?!?!

How much have panathinkos spent on there team in the last few years.........very little! It must have been spent improving the stadium........no it must have been the training facility's.........o wait no it wasn't! The money was pocketed by the owner! Which is who I wonder?

Mas fotises!

Do tapes exist? Yes or no?

Why does Zeca get a red card when your player gets nothing for the same offence in the same weekend?

Why is your president still taking part in football operations when he was ordered to cease? Why is EPO tolerating this?

Why is their a war waged on gate 13 while gate 7 gets F*** all when it misbehaves?

Why is PAO paying fines while OSFP is virtually immune?

Why do batsoi stop derbies at Leoforo for 2 thrown flares while matches like Rizoupoli and the offside Katsourani game are allowed to take place unpunished?

When you come up with valid reasons for these points and a myriad others, I'll answer your questions.

Is leto, mesto, boumal, moledo, evangelista class players? Never heard Of them tbf! And giourkas none of your questions are valid! The zeca offensive and what happened with one of our players wasn't even the same thing, as for our chairman I don't see him getting involved with anything football related! And gate 7 has been behaving well! Not like your fans who fight with police and go out to hurt children and beat women in the ground when they are trying to watch a football game! I recall you gays being racist too, with monkey noises being directed to black players at your home games!

still can't believe some of you are defending alafouzo!!! :(....i have one question for you...and please answer!!..... do you think we can win the league/double with in the next 5 seasons and have a good run in the europa league...better can we make the champions league again under the alafouzo regime!!????????

Edited by Green Man