Phantis Forums

AEK - Panathinaikos

cyberfish

For me this was a very tactical game.... with in my opinion... an excellent starting lineup to "NULL" aek's usual pressure starts they make to a game. If you can stop aek from scoring in the first 20min .... the game is yours.

See this is the double standard most people have..... if we lose this match.... you get your usual Ten Kate haters criticizing the lineup and asking for his head. :whistle:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me this was a very tactical game.... with in my opinion... an excellent starting lineup to "NULL" aek's usual pressure starts they make to a game. If you can stop aek from scoring in the first 20min .... the game is yours.

See this is the double standard most people have..... if we lose this match.... you get your usual Ten Kate haters criticizing the lineup and asking for his head. :whistle:

Your actually very very wrong buddy.... and as per usual you word things to suite you.

I HAVE NEVER SAID I AM A LOVER OF TEN KATE......Find me where giving him credit for something he's done means i love everything he does. Your actually the one acting like a 12 year old everytime someone doesnt agree with your opinion. Im stating mine.... so get over it already.

Who attacked my 1st post in this thread ASUMING it was directed at you???..... when it was moreso directed not only to those who post in here...... but followers of greek football in general.... who only judge a coach based on 2 or 3 bad results. THIS IS A COMMON THEME!!!

Now if you took it as me aiming it at you..... file ti na sou pw.... maybe you dont like the truth.... but i can promise you it was not wholey directed towards you.

I actually disagree with alot of things you have to say in these forums, some are spot on dont get me wrong, but generally you are a negative beatle. That is your style fair enough.... but take others opinions on board, your not always right.

Lets sack Ten Kate and just keep to the merry go round that is greek football......

I happen to like stability... and i happen to like a coach given a chance to prove his worth over a long period longer than 1.2 seasons.

The guy has been here how long? 2MINUTES in reality......

Do me a favour and go have a look at Alex Ferguson's first 5 years at Man United and please tell us all of his record...... it was AWFUL. Yet they stuck with the guy.... and the rest is history.

Im not saying that Ten Kate is or ever will be anything like Sir Alex..... all im saying is thats its about time in greek football we give a coach some time to play out his "ergo".... and then we can judge.

And another thing.... if you actually read back alot of your posts to which you dont agree with something someone's said..... u'll realise how bias you really are....

Im actually quite mild. I dont jump on someone when they have "APPARENTLY" aimed something at me....

My opinion still stands.... your knowlege of football is pretty poor.... and thats not being a 12yr old.... its my OPINION. Get over it already....... B) My clogging of the midfield comment was in relation to the way Aek start games, which was read by Ten Kate and the line up was chosen accordingly. It was a very poor game from both parties, more so a chess match between 2 coaches, and Ten Kate won. The comment was not in relation to our poor backline...... every PAO supporter knows we need our back half fixed, yet you ramble on and on based on how you take things, and fire away at people accordingly. Ekei me to violi sou as they say... :LOL:

In one post you critisise me for stating it was excellent tactics by Ten Kate for playing this starting lineup, yet in another you say you liked the lineup.

Oti theleis grafeis re...... think before you type. :LOL:

Trifyllara, that is pretty pathetic man.

Read yourself the highlights

"I know football you dont"

"I'm not bias, YOU ARE"

"Think before you type"

Seriously man, drop the pretentious-douche thing and have a proper discussion. I have no problem discussing these same topics with other members, as we all keep the same level of courtesy. For real already...

@ 'read my own' posts: I'm aware of what I write man, and I'll never deny that I am opinionated. But thats not the same thing as biased. I'm opinionated, I know it, and thats why I bother posting. I don't have an anti-Ten Cate 'agenda' to constitute a "bias".

@ As for weather your a "lover" of Ten Cate, I don't even care.

I know that you stated he was a great coach. I just said hes a bad coach, does that make me hater, but youre not a lover? Is this even important? And youre trying to tell me to "think"? :blink:

I'm not pointing fingers here. But I feel like a lot of users are posting excessively positive about Ten Cate without much basis. And when I read praise of him which is often over-interpretation, I level it out with the negative side. I've got my disagreements with his decisions, and I justified them.

@ Judging after 2-3 matches?

So you think I'm just judging hastily, fair enough. I will disagree on that though.

We've had 4 bad defeats alone this year, don't even get me started on last year.

I definitley gave Ten Cate my patience, but I'm a bit alarmed at how many bad losses and scrap performances a team can take before its acceptable to actually question the coach, but this depends on the person and their opinion. I was not expecting the team to perform so badly and unprepared after 2nd pre-season at the club. I honestly expected more than what I saw.

Losing to Erogtelis/Anorthosis blowing Iraklis match - ok, I can understand rough patches and have patience through them.

But the problem is those types of match-catastrophes or just lackluster came back again last season, and then they came back 4 times already this year.

You can go ahead claim "I know nothing about football", becuase it obviously makes you feel better about yourself.

I'm sorry but long ball and inconsistent football, awful defense, bad and even embarassing results, big talk, unprofessionalism, passing on CB transfers, etc.

This doesn't take a football expert to spot anyways. There is room for quite a bit of criticsm, its absurd to suggest otherwise. I'm a bit tired of reading people making excuses for the guy, based on his impressive assistant positions in the past.

I mean the guy is not completely awful I don't beleive. He does have some good ideas, intentions and passion. I think it was better to go with him a 2nd year than to start all over again, and let him have a shot at improving the team. I do like the stability.

I'm sure that we are taking the title this year even if I don't completely agree with Ten Cate. I'm only for sacking the guy if the bad results come back in domestic form and we fall out of the title race. As long as we're winning games we should be, and the team improves I'm satisfied.

@Alex Ferguson, Alex walked into a club that was Manchester United, and eventually turned it into MANCHESTER UNITED. the point is, that the team's expectations weren't very high back then, he made that club into what it is today. Naturally he won't lose a job for finishing poorly on a club with low expectations anyways.

Don't forget, Man U had never won a title before him.

Here we are talking about a team that expects the title and European performance when he walked on to the job. A club like PAO is naturally going to have less patience and be more demanding than a pre-Ferguson Man United.

Just a different scenario.

I get the point you were trying to make however. I still don't think it applies the same football in Greece at this level is all about being competitive quickly because the stakes are higher if you fail. We're aiming for the title virtually every season.

I think you are both wrong but good thing these are only opinions.

I disagree that HTC didnt play his cards right against ARIS. Why cuz of Darlas?

Spyro doesnt HAVE to start every game for Pao.. and it had nothign to do with his argument with HTC. As soon as he came back to practice.. HTC said Whats past is passed.

Pao probably played, along with Aris, one of the best Superleague game in many years.

We had 19 telikes and 9 on net.... Did you not watch the game... We allowed two chances to score and because of that what?

That was an unbelievable game and an unbelievable performance... I dont care what anyone says.. I wish Teams played like that more often.

And yesterday.. AEK had 1 chance to score... 1.. in the 92nd minute. You are all bitching and moaning about defence and we give up 1 chance to score IN AEK, who destroyed Oly and were unlucky not to win, and now u complain.

So what if we had no shots in the 1st half.. AEK had 0 chances as well. Its a derby. We are 2-0 in derbies so far. Shut up and enjoy first place.

Manu Lost to Barnsley....If they had Pao fans, Sir Alex would of needed ear plugs for all the bitchin and whinin..

Shame on all of u

CRAP.

See this is the double standard most people have..... if we lose this match.... you get your usual Ten Kate haters criticizing the lineup and asking for his head. :whistle: :tdown:

Tactically an excellent game from PAO... and a very important win. :nw:

Really? I think the line up he started with sucked. 3 defensive midfielders and one striker up front. Are you kidding? You can't possibly hope to see any creative football that way. Its not just about killing off the opposition, but Cate seems to think so.

I think you are both wrong but good thing these are only opinions.

I disagree that HTC didnt play his cards right against ARIS. Why cuz of Darlas?

Spyro doesnt HAVE to start every game for Pao.. and it had nothign to do with his argument with HTC. As soon as he came back to practice.. HTC said Whats past is passed.

Pao probably played, along with Aris, one of the best Superleague game in many years.

We had 19 telikes and 9 on net.... Did you not watch the game... We allowed two chances to score and because of that what?

That was an unbelievable game and an unbelievable performance... I dont care what anyone says.. I wish Teams played like that more often.

And yesterday.. AEK had 1 chance to score... 1.. in the 92nd minute. You are all bitching and moaning about defence and we give up 1 chance to score IN AEK, who destroyed Oly and were unlucky not to win, and now u complain.

So what if we had no shots in the 1st half.. AEK had 0 chances as well. Its a derby. We are 2-0 in derbies so far. Shut up and enjoy first place.

Manu Lost to Barnsley....If they had Pao fans, Sir Alex would of needed ear plugs for all the bitchin and whinin..

Shame on all of u

CRAP.

"Shut up and enjoy 1st place" okay so I guess we shouldn't post our opinions about anything anymore?

Clover, with all due respect, you have been posting one opinion over and over again (and not "opinions"). We already know you hate Ten Cate and that you want Mantzios to play (are you relatives by any chance?). But there is no reason to drag down every result, every player, and every performace to the level "the team sucks and the coach must go".

There are some good things that are happening and we should be discussing them as well. There is no need to stress out over it. Just like the other coaches before him, Ten Cate will be gone sooner or later. If he goes after we win a title, why not enjoy that?

Besides, think back to all the coaches we've had since Rocha took the team to the CL semifinals. Our fans hated each and every one. Rocha was kicked out like a nobody. Kyrastas was the only one who was loved but he didn't win anything either. People liked Markarian too but he didn't win anything either. That's maybe two coaches in 15 years. When (not if) Ten Cate is gone, chances are good that the next coach will be treated with the same suspicion. The guy is here. Why not support him now that we are winning? What does all the complaining accomplish? Will we be a better team if he is gone? Will we score more if Mantzios plays?

Here is something else to think about: our schedule.

Before the two very tough games at Olympiakos and at Galata (November 28 and Dec. 2) we have a pretty good schedule:

@ Dinamo

Larisa

@ Kavala

Sturm

PAOK

Panionios

@ Sturm

@ Levadiakos

Asteras

@ Olympiakos

@ Galata

It's possible that we won't get to win each superleague game, but for every one of these games we are the favorites. We can build up a comfortable lead before December for all I see. So far we've done well enough to be in the lead. Let's support the team even if we don't like some of the personalities.

Whats this Kavla with the starting lineup..

We had all four wing backs OUT for this game.. we had to cover in those positions with players like Vyntra and Kante... Thats a HUGE risk so YOU HAVE to play a DM like Simao in a game like this.

I never said HTC was a genius and is the best coach we have ever had, but he brought us 2 away wins in 1 cl campaign....never been done before for us.

He helped us win a game in Italy. Never been done before by us.

We were one goal away from goin to the 8 in the cl last season.

Sure we had some poor results in the SL. Mind you from october 23rd until today... we have 1 loss in the super league... and that includes 3 games vs AEK, 2 vs oly and 2 IN Toumba.

We have 1 loss in the superleague since last October. ONE LOSS. Sure we drew Iraklis away, serres and tripoli twice.

We also had players that HTC didnt want.. that he slowly is getting or got rid of. He came onto a team that was laid out for him.

I hate how people say well he has had a HUGE budget to work with.

Who cares about budgets. He didnt want Mattos... He didnt want Ivan. He didnt want Melissis. He didnt want Cleyton. HE didnt want Souza.

Thats 13 million dollars he got rid of in the last 12 months.

Leto, Kats and Bjarsmyr were talked down about before they even played a game with us. Go back and look at the threads. Many of the posters here nay saying these kids. These guys gave us QUALITY we didnt have.

We are 5 from 5 and have played some decent football at stretches.. some horrid football in others and some great football vs Aris and Sparta at home. 5 new players in this team.. it takes more then 8 game to Gel.

Be patient. Look at what most of you said about Leto when we signed him and what you are sayin now... Just have some faith. You will all sleep better at nights

I had my doubts about Bjarsmyr but he looks good so far. He is very serious and nearly unbeatable one on one. He is stronger than I thought and he is not easily displaced. He has good spatial awareness and I like the way he clears the ball to a teammate. He knows where to send the ball before he clears it, and that's a rare skill. And on top of that, he looks like Jesus. Ftou mh ton matiasw.

I was a doubting Thomas with Leto. I think it was my suspicion since he came from the akatanomastous and from the looks of it, I didn't pay attention last season or they failed to utilize him correctly last season. He is a force, and in my 40 years of watching PAO I don't remember such a good left winger on our squad. I am very happy with his dribbling and I am even pleasantly surprised at how good he is defensively. I liked Ivan too, but Leto is a huge upgrade. Ftou mh ton matiasw.

Cisse has played at a high level and he'll get more chances to find his form. If not, then too bad. The team did the best they could getting a known commodity. Not all the transfers work out for different reasons. Who knows what goes through the kid's head, but he looks very distracted on the pitch the way I see it. He does not seem to be concentrating on each play to see how he can gain an inch here and there. This is the main reason he falls offside so often. I know he just had a baby and all the hair coloring can't help. Too bad Petropoulos got appendicitis because he could fit in very well while Cisse is finding his way.

I admit that I have been less than impressed with Kante, but Katsouranis has contributed to our 5 wins with two goals and one assist in 4 games. He has many good games ahead and he has added the box-to-box dimension we lacked since Basinas left (I don't think Mattos was a good b2b DM).

I am disturbed at what happened to Galinovic. He had a great last year and this season he was not that bad to be booed so horribly by the fans. I am happy Tzorvas is getting his chance to shine and he looked good in the two games he played. Ftou mh ton matiasw ki afton.

Other than that, the one main criticism from last season has been eliminated. The team has a steady line up (not counting cards and injuries) and there seems to be some wisdom to keeping only 24 men on the roster. With injuries and cards only one player at the most is eliminated from the 18-man squads.

Added: I am also happy to see Ninis flying. He looked great in the game against Aris and the other games he played. It's his first season after a complete pre-season training session and it paid off. Someone should fire these U-18 coaches that denied him the previous preseasons with silly tournaments in the middle of the summer.

I don't know if you guys saw the Antoniou interview http://www.ethnos.gr/ethnosport/article.as...2&pubid=4573581

He said some interesting things but sometimes I scratch my head. He said that they were going for Cisse but if he didn't work out they would then go in priority order for Graffite, Bobo, Antourith :huh: Isn't Graffite the guy who tore the German league to shreds with goals out the wazoo? And we have him second in priority behind Cisse?

As for what was said and what wasnt... who knows whats quoted...

Truth is.. before greece.. Cisse did one thing .. SCORE GOALS

Im going to give him at least until january...

Funny how diogo came to oly for 10 million and scored 6 goals the whoel season last year in the superleague... Yet nothing bad was said about him.

Cisse has 1 and 2 assists in 4 .5 games.... Not too bad... Give him time..

If he was gettin no chances.. id be scared... but he is. Lets not overeact..

He might pop in 4 in two games and then all of youse will be eating ur words.. Like with Leto.

hahaaha looks like Jesus... hahahaha

Clover, with all due respect, you have been posting one opinion over and over again (and not "opinions"). We already know you hate Ten Cate and that you want Mantzios to play (are you relatives by any chance?). But there is no reason to drag down every result, every player, and every performace to the level "the team sucks and the coach must go".

There are some good things that are happening and we should be discussing them as well. There is no need to stress out over it. Just like the other coaches before him, Ten Cate will be gone sooner or later. If he goes after we win a title, why not enjoy that?

Besides, think back to all the coaches we've had since Rocha took the team to the CL semifinals. Our fans hated each and every one. Rocha was kicked out like a nobody. Kyrastas was the only one who was loved but he didn't win anything either. People liked Markarian too but he didn't win anything either. That's maybe two coaches in 15 years. When (not if) Ten Cate is gone, chances are good that the next coach will be treated with the same suspicion. The guy is here. Why not support him now that we are winning? What does all the complaining accomplish? Will we be a better team if he is gone? Will we score more if Mantzios plays?

Here is something else to think about: our schedule.

Before the two very tough games at Olympiakos and at Galata (November 28 and Dec. 2) we have a pretty good schedule:

@ Dinamo

Larisa

@ Kavala

Sturm

PAOK

Panionios

@ Sturm

@ Levadiakos

Asteras

@ Olympiakos

@ Galata

It's possible that we won't get to win each superleague game, but for every one of these games we are the favorites. We can build up a comfortable lead before December for all I see. So far we've done well enough to be in the lead. Let's support the team even if we don't like some of the personalities.

Fair enough but I certainly haven't dragged down every result to a "this sucks" level; in fact last season we were putting in some fine performances and I thought we could have advanced further. This season I didn't see anything good from them until the Aris game though. You have a point: there is no need to stress out over it since all the posting in the world won't make a bit of difference anyway. So onward we go, lets see what happens.

Perhaps a reminder or example of why players go through periods where they don't play as well as they should. Unfortunately fans in general seem to have a tendency to forget that they too are human beings and not disposable objects. You know, like "Oh man he was playing real good at the beginning but he's terrible now, f uck him get rid of him."

Archived