Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS NEWS!

MadBoy13

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panathinaikos can play good football next couple of years if they let Peseiro work and if they reinforce his credibility by letting him get rid of the players he does not want, and by buying the players he needs. Laudrup won't come to Greece.

yea first player he ll get rid of is going to be Ninis.

Ase mas re aderfe.

O typos stin sinentefski pou edose milouse les kapnise apo to ximika pou dinane stous arsivaristes tis ethnikis

Not that it matters but anyone who has been watching football for more than 5 years knows that Peseiro is the manager that led Sporting to the UEFA cup final - and lost! To say that he was a guy who worked in Saudi Arabia and only Tziger could 'discover' and hire someone like him is ridiculous to say the least... You discredit your own arguments -some of which are not unfounded- with these exaggerations. Btw, the whole Clayton story is a big joke and it does affect the way fans who wish to remain calm and cautious over this see Vgeno's 'efforts to buy the PAE. Does he not know that this can never happen for way more than one reasons?

Also, last time I looked, it was unconventional, to say the least, to use threats in order to make someone sell his business. It does remind me of certain methods that were famously depicted in American cinema but I won't get into this because I don't want to anonymously insult people on the net - though I realise that it is common practice on many forums. I 'm all for a new owner if we can find someone with Vardinogiannis' financial stability (not someone who buys and sells stocks and manages other peoples' money) and a fresh approach on the problems we 've been having. But this whole Vgeno thing is just fishy and for the time being I 'm not convinced that he is the messiah some PAO fans claim he is.

Plus, if we are to move from Peseiro and Velic to Domazos who failed at Athinaikos (!) but, still, has the nerve to criticise everybody and implicitly demand a top job at PAO I 'd rather stay put. I want to move from Peseiro to someone like, say, Irureta. This is what big clubs do - the 'hire a former player we all like' mentality is for neighbourhood sides, not for PAO. Even someone who has proven himself in Greece like Bajevic or Lienen would be acceptable. But the mere fact that someone has been a successful footballer for the club is not a good reason for hiring him and trusting him with millions of euros. Give them free tickets or whatever but keep them away from the team UNLESS they are actually good at what they do now, so maybe we should prefer him over equally good professionals. If we want PAO to be a big club we need to start treating our side as a big club. And big clubs' fans don't dream of Domazos and Totis (to name a guy I love) at the helm or empty stands and failures to force the owner to sell. This is the bottom line imo.

I 'm all for a new owner if we can find someone with Vardinogiannis' financial stability (not someone who buys and sells stocks and manages other peoples' money) and a fresh approach on the problems we 've been having. But this whole Vgeno thing is just fishy and for the time being I 'm not convinced that he is the messiah some PAO fans claim he is.

Plus, if we are to move from Peseiro and Velic to Domazos who failed at Athinaikos (!) but, still, has the nerve to criticise everybody and implicitly demand a top job at PAO I 'd rather stay put. I want to move from Peseiro to someone like, say, Irureta. This is what big clubs do - the 'hire a former player we all like' mentality is for neighbourhood sides, not for PAO. Even someone who has proven himself in Greece like Bajevic or Lienen would be acceptable. But the mere fact that someone has been a successful footballer for the club is not a good reason for hiring him and trusting him with millions of euros. Give them free tickets or whatever but keep them away from the team UNLESS they are actually good at what they do now, so maybe we should prefer him over equally good professionals. If we want PAO to be a big club we need to start treating our side as a big club. And big clubs' fans don't dream of Domazos and Totis (to name a guy I love) at the helm or empty stands and failures to force the owner to sell. This is the bottom line imo.

I really agree with this. I also think Bajevic would be great for PAO.

Great post GreenTitus.

The Clayton rumors have me alarmed. It's a silly idea to buy him and gift him. Did Vgenopoulos ever ask if the coach can fit him in the team? Don't get me wrong, Clayton is a good player and would be a huge upgrade over Gonzales but the club should buy him and not an outsider who just wants some other "rich" people to be marginally "involved" with the team (polymetohikotita).

Also, I share with GreenTitus the reservations about the financial stability of "players" like Vgenopoulos, and I don't care for people who have an interest in the club hitting bottom so they can grab it at a good price (after using the "pure" fans to create the pressure cooker). Especially those who admit they don't really have time to bother with the club full-time. I much rather line up behind those who dedicate their time, money, and effort for the club. To this date, I have seen many "angle biters" but I have not yet seen someone who says "I pay this much, sell me the team".

What happened this season is not Peseiro's fault. The same exact collapse happened last year, and the year before, and the year before, with different coaches at the helm.

Rather, many of the good things that happened this year were Peseiro's doing. I saw a complete transformation on the pitch compared with the last five or six years. He did make tactical mistakes, but I think everyone seems to have an over-inflated opinion of many of our players and this team's abilities (I won't mention names).

The team is on its way up. We hit a couple of major speed bumps but there is no need for a complete overhaul yet. With a few good moves this summer, a major re-organization of upper management, and a little luck, we can be enjoying this team next year.

Looking where we came from (last season's klotsoskoufi) we can fairly criticize the club because they did not reach the top in one year, but I find it hard to call this season a complete failure. I am always in support of upgrading all positions of the team, including coach, but I don't consider Donis (until he proves himself with AEK), Linen, or Fylakouris upgrades at coach. And I don't see what big shot foreign coach would come to Panathinaikos. Even Solied denied our invitation and he was a nobody.

anybody see the demonstration on the news over Tzigger?

It looked like a big success IMO.......people of ALL ages there, even a family dog with a PAO jersey, all types of fans! And it was peaceful....

Teseiro said PAO was more united than their fans. Well, Tes, your team is fighting in training, falling apart in the league and we the fans are flooding the streets together young, old, infant, even the damn family dogs are wearing jerseys in support and all in agreement. Id say, your full of it Pesiero.

Guest TheLegend

It looked like a big success IMO.......people of ALL ages there, even a family dog with a PAO jersey, all types of fans! And it was peaceful....

Teseiro said PAO was more united than their fans. Well, Tes, your team is fighting in training, falling apart in the league and we the fans are flooding the streets together young, old, infant, even the damn family dogs are wearing jerseys in support and all in agreement. Id say, your full of it Pesiero.

Um. How bout those people show up to the game and support their team. When you cant even get half of leoforo filled how can you say the fans are united with the team.

Um. How bout those people show up to the game and support their team. When you cant even get half of leoforo filled how can you say the fans are united with the team.
you have little to no clue whats going on.

Oh show up and support their team.......Weve shown endless support and dont need to justify it to anybody especially a GAVROS with no clue about PAO affaris.

Because real support is just shutting up, not caring about PAO crumbling before us and paying incompetent PAE and Ticket Club 30 euros to go see a PAO squad getting harassed by OFI and Iraklis...

Fans united to adress the issue of management which is pure support out of their club, if it was not why the hell would people amass and demonstrate over football management, because its something to do?

AGREE WITH BUSH OR YOU HATE AMERICA!

Drakos, don't bite the bait. ;)

You correctly state that being critical of stupidity doesn't make you the enemy of what you're supporting and you're having invested in. In most cases, it's a fallacy this pseudo dilemma: you're with us or against us. NO! I'm not with you (Tzigger) BECAUSE your actions (proven facts) have brought harm to something we love!

I want to support my club with my money. But, if by paying for my expensive ticket (going through the increbibly stupid ticket system they've set up) and by not saying anything, then NOTHING CHANGES! If I was happy with the present regime, I'd say, fine, no problem.

But, when I see an injurious policy I have to say something. Even boycott the present "commander in chief"!!! I want him out, and my money and my voice is all I've got at this point to try to bring change!

Well, I don't know about such statements. How does he account for the several "incidents"???? Not only among the players, but also between players & management/coach?????

Besides, every time they make statements I cringe and brace for something bad to happen <_< <_<

Just a few weeks ago, they were saying how they'll stay ontop, will give everything for victory, the title is ours, etc, etc....... :tdown:

But, I like Salpi, he's a fighter and probably his heart is in it...

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=127375

I hope this news about Bajevic are true. First cause if he comes he comes only when he gets the complete power of decision, which means goodbye Velic and of course goodbye Teseiro.

Second cause if he comes he will be able to close the lockerooms from the outside world and bring peace in them.

Third cause if he comes players like Ninis will get their chances.

He knows to use young players and he likes playing with young players.

Teseiro is an complete idiot cause he managed to make Ninis a psychological reck.

Sadly Tzigger wont leave but at least i hope he has learned indeed from the actions of the fans and treats them with more respect from now on.

Hopefully we get Saravakos as President and Warzycha as coach assistant to Bajevich. Bajevic has always chosen an former player to use as assistant in each team he went as far as i know.

Together with Rotsa as scout in the Latin American market and his knowledge about players in the former jugoslavian republik and his knowledge about the greek status quo in football Bajevic is the best solution.

more about Bajevic

http://www.supersport.gr/soccer/anational/....asp?aid=148103

for some reason i dont like bajevic as a coach but an einai na erthei kanenas asxetos pali.. tote protimo ton bajevic... to allo einai oti tha iparxei diafonia metaksi ton filathlon...

for me the best will be Donis... he played for pao.. and fans loves Doni

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=127798

i keep hearing through the press that PEK is going to make an offer for the PAE.

If i dont hear or read it from official lips i wont believe it since its getting somehow graphical.

I d like to see both Papadopoulos and Xristodoulopoulos at PAO even though for the second i dont really know which is his exact possition since he has played both in midfield and in offense.

Bajevic story is an neverending story aswell. I do hope he comes cause he is indeed the only one who can build a great team out of this bunch right now.

Mr. Sourpis is now on Skai Tv explaining his views (well, complaining really). Skai is live on Skai.gr so I suggest you guys who love all the 'palaimaxoi' rhetoric take a good look. All respect to the man but he is talking nonsense and knows NOTHING (unbelievable really) about the club's current affairs. He just blamed Velic for signing Victor and Conceicao! I just made sure that all these guys need to stay on the stands... In addition, and come to think about it, we are traditionally the club that hires the most palaimaxoi by far! It seems to me that it's all about Domazos and a couple of others who need a good salary and I just don't buy it. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but who would hire a 5on5 owner as a director of football?

Archived