Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS NEWS!

MadBoy13

oh common titus face reality our medical team is ###### TERRIBLE.....sure were not doctors, but how common is it that our players almost never recover from serious injuries....

everything they touch goes to crap.... look at Manolis, Anderson, Sanmartean have had careers ruined by these morons.....lets hope Leontiou and Ndoye dont suffer the same......Ndoye has a 3 week injury and hasnt been in a lineup for 2 months...... whats the deal? he was one of our only competent players, im assuming hes still not ready to train yet?

all our injuries seem to take forever to recover..... we just got Eki back after how long?? over a year? Ndoye still isnt back ? Were plagued with injuries all the time, and we seem to be mising these players half-seasons and years at a time... you got to ask some questions, esp since all these injuries werent TOO serious, i dont know many other teams players drop like flies in injuries and theyre not seen for a year or half season later... somethiing isnt right.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh common titus face reality our medical team is ###### TERRIBLE.....sure were not doctors, but how common is it that our players almost never recover from serious injuries....

everything they touch goes to crap.... look at Manolis, Anderson, Sanmartean have had careers ruined by these morons.....lets hope Leontiou and Ndoye dont suffer the same......Ndoye has a 3 week injury and hasnt been in a lineup for 2 months...... whats the deal? he was one of our only competent players, im assuming hes still not ready to train yet?

all our injuries seem to take forever to recover..... we just got Eki back after how long?? over a year? Ndoye still isnt back ? Were plagued with injuries all the time, and we seem to be mising these players half-seasons and years at a time... you got to ask some questions, esp since all these injuries werent TOO serious, i dont know many other teams players drop like flies in injuries and theyre not seen for a year or half season later... somethiing isnt right.

Well to get this clear. Last summer we changed almost the complete medical team.

Some former military doc became our medical team chief.

About N'doy he indeed was off about 1 month from his injurie but after that he also got as reported gripi. Why he hasnt been in the team after that is aswell a clue to me as the issue with ninis. But right now i prefer Pap Salpi upfront than Ndoy.

On the other hand i prefer NDoy ofcourse in front instead of Manucho and Postiga since both are leaving this summer.

I am very anxius to see petropoulos next year in the squad with Bajevic using a 4-3-3 for example with Pap Petropoulos Salpi upfront.

This would be my favourite team next year for starting 11 with a 4-3-3

-------------------Malartz-------------------

Nilson----Goumas/New back --Sariegi/Moris (if he gets more steady)-- Spyropoulos

Ivanschitz---- Karagounis------Ninis

Salpi---- Petropoulos----------- Pap

If we play a 4-4-2

I d like to see following setup

Malarz

Nilson----Goumas/New back --Sariegi/Moris (if he gets more steady)-- Spyropoulos

Ivanschitz ---Matos-Karagounis----Ninis

----Pap/Salpi--------Petropoulos

When using 2 DMs

I dlike to see Leontiou along with Matos and Ivanschitz Kara

Well, since we are not doctors, we just can't say whether these people could or should have recovered earlier. And even if mistakes have been made there different sorts of mistakes and we can't judge that either. Oli and Sinmartean, for example, have permanent problems (Oli from birth). In addition, I don't think PAO has a specific problem with injuries compared to other clubs: look at Alexopoulos (how long has it been?), Patsa, Raul Bravo, the never ending pulled hamstrings that take months to get rid of at OSFp etc. Not to mention similar examples from European clubs. I really can't say when it's incompetence or mere coincidence - one has to be an expert to determine that.

To add to the medical discussion, it's easy to forget that Karagounis, Basinas, Papadopoulos, and even Gonzales returned from pretty bad knee injuries, because they came back strong. Gonzales was a special case because he went through a long rehab, and then injured the same knee again in one of the first games he played, so he was out for another year (I had read somewhere that he had a history of knee injuries before he came to PAO but I am not sure where ). I am not a doctor but I am pretty sure ligament injuries are very difficult to recover from (N'doye was mowed down from behind by Dellas and injured his ancle, rememer? Just because they said 3 weeks initially, does not mean anything).

BTW, instead of complaining about the medical team (from all things), why don't you guys go out to fly a kite and get some flowers in your hair or something. It's protomagia. :P

well now that i am back from kite flying and flowers in my hair, happy protomagia.

its funny how a big win takes us from talking about the team and tyhe coaching to injuries and cl play.

Suffice it to say that had our players been more fruitful in the first 25 mins at OFI, the score would of been 4 or 5-0 and with those three points we would of been in second place. not to mention the phantom penalty against AEK in OAKA which cost us another 2.

Football is a game. a sport. the worlds national sport yes but a sport nonetheless. As pao fans all we can hope for is the time will come where Cockalis big money doesnt control refs, federation decisions and championships.

Football is truly a game of inches. Two inches to the right and Novo doesnt score in leoforos and eliminate pao and maybe in two weeks, we play Zenit in manchester in the uefa final.

as for the AEK game (im too lazy to start another post), Ivan was huge. Kara played great and our chances were FINALLY CONVERTED into goals.

We have played that way all season but with our scorers NOT scoring. a game of inches i tell you. BTW pure class strike on the first Ivan goal.

I really hope we sign him.

ivan must plays on the right... cuz he got very sweet left feet or at least behind the epithetikous!

We have played that way all season but with our scorers NOT scoring. a game of inches i tell you. BTW pure class strike on the first Ivan goal.

the second one two was a gorgeous finish also.....perfect placement and a great 1-2 play

ivan must plays on the right... cuz he got very sweet left feet or at least behind the epithetikous!

i think he should be in the center..... hes great on the left because of his crosses are so dangerous from there.... on the right side however his shot can be more dangerous.... he seemed to have some freedom last game, on the left and in the center a bit, I think thats got to be ideal..... we need to keep Ivan!

1.5 million - for a player whose PROVEN himself (god knows how many signings fail to prove themselves and do anything) is absolutley a STEAL......

theyre linking up to how much for Cleyton and Xristodoulopoulos???? 2-3 millions?

1.5 Million now, this should be a done decision for PAO. The team wont get better, unless you lock up your best players, and a t a price like this you really need to wake the hell up re PAE! after Euro hell be 3-4 million and have more clubs after him - regardless of how Austria plays!

i think he should be in the center..... hes great on the left because of his crosses are so dangerous from there.... on the right side however his shot can be more dangerous.... he seemed to have some freedom last game, on the left and in the center a bit, I think thats got to be ideal..... we need to keep Ivan!

1.5 million - for a player whose PROVEN himself (god knows how many signings fail to prove themselves and do anything) is absolutley a STEAL......

theyre linking up to how much for Cleyton and Xristodoulopoulos???? 2-3 millions?

1.5 Million now, this should be a done decision for PAO. The team wont get better, unless you lock up your best players, and a t a price like this you really need to wake the hell up re PAE! after Euro hell be 3-4 million and have more clubs after him - regardless of how Austria plays!

i already sent an email to PEK about ivan!! :P :P

man, i dont want him to leave... :(

Easy, guys. Most of the time, we know nothing about PAO signings before they are actually announced. Nobody knows what they have been discussing with Salzburg. I too want Iv to stay, though I don't think he can handle the left wing on his own and would like a faster and more penetrating player to share the position with him, but I 'm prepared to wait and see what happens. There's no point in getting crazy about this - don't forget that there is a new board in the cards.

Nothing new until Tziger gives the road map and details of what's going to happen and how.

Just a lot of rumors about people interested in parting with their considerable wealth to improve the green team (most of the time I can't help thinking how much better it would be if they were also interested in building children's hospitals, but this is the wrong forum).

The latest name, after Pateras, is Vovos: http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=11269

most of the time I can't help thinking how much better it would be if they were also interested in building children's hospitals, but this is the wrong forum

childrens health isnt profitable in the western world....

I thought Tzigger laid it out - make 50% of PAE available to be bought...wouldnt that just be open to whatever bidder?

childrens health isnt profitable in the western world....

I thought Tzigger laid it out - make 50% of PAE available to be bought...wouldnt that just be open to whatever bidder?

I am not sure it's that simple.
im sure its not.... just i dont "get" whats going on and why there is so much optimism at the moment..... I though it was because Tzigger offered to sell some stake.....

Congratulations to Galinovic though!

it also says Mattos is out for Panionios.... not good..

Matos is out cause of the 4 yellow cards he has gathered.

And since we have a choice in which game he should miss this is the best choice we could make. After all he will be able to get some rest and gather powers for the game against ARIS on sunday and the final against AEK

As for manucho the reports about him leaving come from one newspaper from england.

In greece its about 50-50 some state he stay's till december in the new season and others that he will be leaving after this season since Peseiro is leaving aswell and Manucho came after all cause Peseiro and Keiroz are good friends and not because Velic had anything to do with it.

Personally i wont be sad if he leaves even though he can score as another friend stated he cant do anything else. He hasnt shown me a decent pass yet neither does he go to defend. Most of the time he walks back instead of running although the opponent starts a contra attack :tdown:

His action against Aris in the first game was pathetic. If he keeps up with such attitude he wont go far with ManU

Archived