Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS NEWS!

MadBoy13

If you really look into it, the Greek teams are tiny enterprises. Even Oly (so far the biggest) is, what, under $50 mil.  Tzigger is the CEO of ANEK lines (boats) that has a revenue of $180 mil. much higher than PAO.

And, kid-toy Jumbo with 280 mil/year!

Bet you didn't know about this....

Tzigger is NOT the CEO of ANEK.

That is another Vardinogiannis.

Tzigger is not involved in shipping.

And obviously ANEK is bigger than PAO and OSFP...these are major international businesses in Greece ...... not football clubs.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/199600.html

Nilsson is staying...

I dont really agree with this.... he needs to go, hes that mediocrity and inconsistent type we really want to end at the club..... and also we desperatly need a NEW right back and this isnt a step in the right direction.....we need a good right back why every year settling for the same crap!???!

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/199600.html

Nilsson is staying...

I dont really agree with this.... he needs to go, hes that mediocrity and inconsistent type we really want to end at the club..... and also we desperatly need a NEW right back and this isnt a step in the right direction.....we need a good right back why every year settling for the same crap!???!

i would of agreed with you here 2 years ago, but he has improved greatly & its not that bad of a move. Its all meaningless unless Ivansich gets signed

Some good news today. Kostas Antoniou and "tsarouhi" Antoniadis* will be part of the new PAO management. Velic becomes a scouter/advisor. Vgenopoulos understands the importance of public relations (including policy towards the fans and the veterans) so there'll be changes there too. :tup:

Here's a news item http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=82...2&pubid=1068068

*I think HE should be the president and not Antoniou, Mitsou, or Tzigger.

*I think HE should be the president and not Antoniou, Mitsou, or Tzigger

I read somewhere that someone recommended Antoniadis being the president but there was a strong current against him from many of the new share holders.

I also read that Pateras will be the president. Sorry no links.

The results of the highly rated meeting can be found here.

Pateras is the new president. He was given permission to sound out Antoniadis for the vice-president position and Antoniou for the director of football position. Pavlos said that the decisions were all unanimous. All in all, sounds like a good meeting to me! Plus we stayed clear of that intolerably short-sighted an egocentric Domazos. There were reports mentioning his name and I must admit I got a little scared. We are now going full speed for a new manager.

:tup: If these guys manage to work together and not step on each other's toes, it's a very good development. Finally, the club's culture might change. :tup:

PS>I don't see why I can't sit out on the porch, fire up the barbie, have a few cold longnecks, and surf with my laptop! Oh, yes, it's very sunny and pleasant here! :P

:tup: If these guys manage to work together and not step on each other's toes, it's a very good development. Finally, the club's culture might change. :tup:

PS>I don't see why I can't sit out on the porch, fire up the barbie, have a few cold longnecks, and surf with my laptop!  Oh, yes, it's very sunny and pleasant here! :P

Yeah! or sit under the tree, drink Greek coffee and check out email, news, and phantis forums on the iTouch :P

Pateras, I know nothing about. Not sure how much footbal he knows and what kind of president he'll make. Reportetly he has lots of mula. Anyone know more about him? Time will tell. So far it looks very very good.

Antoniadis is a huge personality that has been active in Greek football for more than 30 years.

Antoniou is widely rumored as the new football manager. He is a product of the Panathinaikos academies (before they became shiny in the nineties), and loves the team. He was an excellent footballer but he has never held a position like this. Not sure how he would do as manager (if he is nominated and accepts), but I think he is the right person right now.

Uniting the biggest Panathinaikos fans (in wallet and sentiment) is fantastic news. The club is taking a giant leap forward, and there is no way that we won't see at least one big signing this summer, as they will want to make a splash.

Wow! new management is something we've been dreaming about for years. More money and more panathinaikos blood is the best news. :tup:

Yes, uniting the fans is an important part of the equasion. They should make it easier for fans to attend--whatever it takes. If I was the new owners, I'd have dirty-cheap tickets and fill the stands with fans. I'm talking about something like $5. I'm sure PAO didn't make money from ticket sales this past season.

I'd see it as a cost of building up the team. They spend tens of millions of $, so subsidising the fan base for a few $ makes sense to me. Stronger fan attendance combined with better results will bring in more revenue! ;)

I have some iced coffee and beer left here.... anyone wants some? :P

Yeah! or sit under the tree, drink Greek coffee and check out email, news, and phantis forums on the iTouch :P

woww you have iPhone and it works in GR? nice... B)

i think its time to switch from Greek Coffee to frappe man...how can you drink that stuff in the summer its so frikkin hot... :LOL:

I guess the new PAO starts today........

ALL HAIL ! :nw:

Titus:

im also glad we didnt include Domazos... :tup:

Pateras is the new president - but my question is what does the President DO.....what are his responsibilities as a president of PAO...... I mean it would be nicer to know exactly what these titles are doing rather than just know who is in what position......otherwise its just names and words...

In other news:

Mantzios is back

Vasilis Konstantinou has been linked with the "Genikos Arhigos" position :tup:

I have to say that all the discussions and objections we've had as fans seem to be getting addressed.

A major re-organization of the team is taking place with more money pumped in by major investors. The club seems to be more united now than ever, and major veterans are getting involved in key positions (Antoniadis, Rotsa, Antoniou), as others are fitted in more appropriate roles (apparently Velic will head scouting).

Vgenopoulos recommended ways to approach the fans and the club is in search of someone to head the effort. And the building of the new stadium is beginning next month.

All we need now is a good coach and 2-3 good signings.

I think we'll miss the grinia next year :not:

I watched the game live. What a horrible display. :tdown: PAO looked amaturish. They couldn't penetrate, they didn't have the confidence to shoot, and when they did they were taking 3point crack shots... that couldn't convert. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this PAO team was not fit to be in that league.

In the first half the team just score some 20 points!!!!!!! :o

Oly wasn't good either, and if that's their best, then they'll lose the series.

On the other hand, I DO KNOW that this is a great team that had a bad night. So, I'm hopeful that we'll beat gavroi on Thu nite and on to eventually win the title. :tup:

Hopefully well rock them tommorow.....though PAO hasnt been great this season, were missing something in consistency big time this year i feel....

I feel like we are relying too much on 3 pointers this season, and when we hit them we win big, when we cant hit them we lose big....we need some other alternatives...too many times we go for 3 points even when its too risky...

Where exactly could you find SKAI online?? or are you in GR watching?

I'm not an expert, but why PAO would try the same CRAP in game #4 as they did in #2 is beyond me! Also, why ZO would keep giving so much time to players who were totally out of it (ie. Batist)! :whistle:

Their only offensive strategy was to shoot 3 pointers. And, many of them rather poor choices :tdown:

Gavroi were not all that good, but they were better, because their game was more balanced. The scored through various combinations and field positions.

A PAO team that has played international games and won euro trophies should be that affected by the hostile atmosphere. Actually, gavroi could have been worse off by having to worry that the refs might stop the game because of their fans.

Anyway, if you hadn't seen any other games, you'd think this PAO (and in game #2) is a third-rate team. What else can you call one that relies ONLY on 3 points (with a horrible % accurancy) and scores only 20 points (#2) or 24(#4) in the whole first half :tdown: :tdown: :angry:

On the other hand, I think there will be a great celebration at OAKA on Wednesday.

But, honestly, this PAO this season isn't playing well.

Archived