Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS NEWS!

MadBoy13

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takis indeed should have gotten more play time. Poor guy, probably he wanted to get a title this year and retire. I hope he comes back for next season. We'll have a new coach most likely, so he may get more chances to play.

You know, if he's lost the respect of the players he should go. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But the Ninis and Fyssas treatment worries me.

No matter what I don't want to see another coach in a couple months after PAO loses a few games. Either keep Pesseiro or get someone like Rotsa and stick with him for the LONG run.

On another subject: I watched live the volleyball game between OSFP-PAO yesterday. What a game!!!! PAO girls won and now they'll play the final game against the fish on Thu for the national title. I hadn't seen a volleyball game in ages. It was exciting. Too bad the game was interrupted 2 times because of trouble in the stands... and to think that only gavroi were present, no PAO fans. :LOL:

You know, if he's lost the respect of the players he should go. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But the Ninis and Fyssas treatment worries me.

No matter what I don't want to see another coach in a couple months after PAO loses a few games. Either keep Pesseiro or get someone like Rotsa and stick with him for the LONG run.

On another subject: I watched live the volleyball game between OSFP-PAO yesterday. What a game!!!! PAO girls won and now they'll play the final game against the fish on Thu for the national title. I hadn't seen a volleyball game in ages. It was exciting. Too bad the game was interrupted 2 times because of trouble in the stands... and to think that only gavroi were present, no PAO fans. :LOL:

thursday tha ginei xamos man... supersport 1 live at 12 pm!!!!!!! den to xano me tipota... KSANTHI MILONA rules!!!!!!! :nw: :nw:

I dont think the president was supposed to ever do anything.... correct me if Im wrong but its just a figure head / representative position right ???

Otherwise I dont know exactly what good Pateras would be at being President of PAO....

I dont think the president was supposed to ever do anything.... correct me if Im wrong but its just a figure head / representative position right ???

Otherwise I dont know exactly what good Pateras would be at being President of PAO....

its pointless to have president... afou proedros einai o tzigger... ti mitsou kai prasina aloga... if anything i would love to see saravako...

You 've probably heard the rumour about Ivic caoming to PAO as a director of football. I have explained more than once in the past why I think that this man failed utterly at OSFP, so I won't repeat myself here. However, I want to add that this is not exactly "hiring people who love PAO for the most important posts". That would be a very bad start for the new management no matter what angle you look at it. The good news is that it was Gata that started the rumour - and we all know that it barely qualifies as a newspaper even in Greece where newspapers suck!

You 've probably heard the rumour about Ivic caoming to PAO as a director of football. I have explained more than once in the past why I think that this man failed utterly at OSFP, so I won't repeat myself here. However, I want to add that this is not exactly "hiring people who love PAO for the most important posts". That would be a very bad start for the new management no matter what angle you look at it. The good news is that it was Gata that started the rumour - and we all know that it barely qualifies as a newspaper even in Greece where newspapers suck!

I am sure Ivic' agent is trying to get him another cushy job and floats his name in hopes PAO will buy. I don't look at other teams as closely, but from what I see, Ivic's transfers both in AEK and Olympiakos are pretty bad. Besides he was one of the most hated Olympiakos player for PAO fans, there is no way he will come anywhere near Paiania.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to hire anyone with a long career with gavroi. It helps to keep the distnction between the two sides.

As for Bajevic, I was never a fan of. I hope he doesn't come to PAO.

well at least theres some reason on this forum....

Bajevic, Ivic......

Were about to get a "new" team (supposedly) - and people seriously want these two D-bags at the club? Bajevic isnt bad, he could do well, but Im changing my stance on him. If were going to change dramatically and step up as a club, Bajevic isnt exactly the man to lead us beyond the old boundaries and mentality of the Superleague.

Peseiro seems to have finally started learning things this season, and his signings/choice of players seems to have been good. Hes been very stupid with some things, alienating Eki, not considering Ninis nearly enough when he is a great creative option, and taking out our best players in the game and even starting players completley out of form. Its a tough call whether he should stay, but the idea of having a coach learn from his mistakes then go again with a better team sounds appealing at the moment.

I always hated Ivic, I dont see what the big deal is about him either.....Everytime OSFP signs a good player Ivic gets credit ?

Does anybody really think Lua Lua and Galletti wouldnt have gone or considered OSFP had it not been for Ilija Ivic to comofort them in negotiations :LOL: ?

Also - who is our current director of football exactly? Id much rather have a PAO concious director of football. I'd like to pretend I know more about these positions, President, Dir of Football and theyre responsibilities - but no offense guys I get the impression that nobody here knows exactly what these positions DO (specifically, managerialy etc).....So anybody who does know or have a clear idea what these jobs are at PAO please let us know because I am curious!

As for newspaper headlines like you said.......Gata is crap.......Isnt that why its named Gata ? Because its gossip ? I given up pretty much on newspaper headlines.....I stick to Contra.gr, because they dont bother to report the speculative BS, only official stuff.

And when a rumor is on only one paper at a time (instead of all) you know pretty much its BS - they pretty much all have the same news sources.

OFF TOPIC: Zenit just got the UEFA CUP 2-0 the Rangers.... what an awsome player is Arshavin... Im very surprise with this team.. it came from nowhere... why greek teams cant do that... ?? :tdown:

OFF TOPIC: Zenit just got the UEFA CUP 2-0 the Rangers.... what an awsome player is Arshavin... Im very surprise with this team.. it came from nowhere... why greek teams cant do that... ??  :tdown:

Russia is a big big country....so many more players, competitive athletics (as theres not much else for them)....... and with some recent key signigs and coach, its all possible.....Russian league is very good too, more competitive than Greek league I beleive.

theyre going to be exciting to watch next year in the CL....

Russia is a big big country....so many more players, competitive athletics (as theres not much else for them)....... and with some recent key signigs and coach, its all possible.....Russian league is very good too, more competitive than Greek league I beleive.

russian league better than greek league man??? i dont think so...

for so many years i believed russia has only basketball teams good enough..but after zenit and cska and russia beat england for euro 08.. i changed my mind..

Guys, you know me by now, I 'm not easily impressed but I 'm no nihilist either. Pesseiro had his faults but, overall, he is a decent manager and has two pros that we can't overlook: 1) he has worked very hard and has presented a team with a specific philosophy and strategy in the game - not very common in Greece; 2) he was loyal to the club and never gave up despite the unbelievably problematic circumstances. I 've been around for a while and I know what it is like to be Pesseiro: no support from the management (they couldn't even support their own selves), no support from the fans and, most importantly, no friends in the press. Had Dusko or some Greek guys like Lemonis or Donis done what Pesseiro did at PAO this season, they would have been giving interviews in all the papers and "experts" would have fought hard to explain how they are such good managers who must be given some time to show their quality. However, both Jose and Velic -who did an extraordinary job- don't have dinner with journalists every night and, therefore, all the Domazoi of this world can rubbish them on the papers every other day. Pesseiro, in his second year, could do well for the club but there are better managers. I 'll wait to see whether one of these better managers comes to PAO before I pass judgment on this decision. So far, I see hasty moves and a desire to build everything from the start. This would be wrong and disastrous to say the least. I hope I 'm just being pessimistic again but please note this: Vgeno, Pateras, Vovos and even the Giannakopouloi know nothing about football. It's easy to mess this up.

russian league better than greek league man??? i dont think so...

for so many years i believed russia has only basketball teams good enough..but after zenit and cska and russia beat england for euro 08.. i changed my mind..

yeah it is.... Russian League is very underrated. We used to be better for a period of time but right now and the last couple years theyre much stronger. Its much more difficult ton win the Russian League than Greek league....

man 2 diff Russian teams won UEFA Cups in the last 3 years..... CSKA and Lokomotiv in recent years made runs to the second round in the CL......Zenit already has place in CL group stages... they have some great players too, also dont forget Russia is so much bigger than Greece, theres more people in Moscow alone than all of Greece :o ....

GreenTitus: Im with you - this does seem WAY too rushed a decision to get rid of Peseiro and build this team....Im starting to beleive none of this talk is actually going to change a thing...

Archived