Phantis Forums

Transfer Rumours 2008

DUDE

After today's game vs Braga game Bajevic expressed his disappointed and admitted that transfers are necessary. So who should Aris go for?

I have to say Braga looked very weak from crosses but Aris lacked an aerial threat, so I'd say they need a big target man. Mihalis Konstantinou would be a great signing imo. A good club where he could ressurect his career.

Another great signing would be Bolton's Ricardo Vaz Te who wants to leave and is a very talented young player. Or APOEL's Ricardo Fernandez would be a great addition.

Basinas would also be a fantastic addition if he could be prized to Aris.

Aris really don't lack that much, 2 or 3 good signings like these and

All these players would be available on the cheap and would be wonderful additions.

A few loan deals wouldn't go amiss either.

Ive herd rumors that yiannakopoulos might go to aris( im not sure if i herd that hear or not). But that wouldnt be a bad signing although i doubt hed go

Yes he has been linked, and would be a good addition.

Guys Konstantinou is a much better player than Lambriakos. He's just had a torrid time with injuries this year. If he was fully fit he'd be in Olympiakos' starting 11. He'd get guaranteed goals for Aris over the course of a season.

the reason i say i would rather see aris get Lambriakos instead of konstantinou is i feel that konstantinou would be expected to play almost every game and when papazoglou comes back in march, he will have little or no playing time. lambriakos would be a perfect fit as he could be a sort of teacher to papazoglou etc. plus konstantinou is getting something like 900k a year as opposed to 425k for lambriakos.

the reason i say i would rather see aris get Lambriakos instead of konstantinou is i feel that konstantinou would be expected to play almost every game and when papazoglou comes back in march, he will have little or no playing time. lambriakos would be a perfect fit as he could be a sort of teacher to papazoglou etc. plus konstantinou is getting something like 900k a year as opposed to 425k for lambriakos.

But Konstantinou guarantees goals re file. His goal ratio when he's actually fit is the best in the league. If they have a forward that will get 15+ goals a year, plus a couple of good attacking midfielders like Stelios and Fernandez, there's no reason why they can't break the domination of the top 3.

I think Konstantiou needs a fresh start to get the form back he had last year. Why would you not spend an extra 450K on one of the best players in greece.

Exactly. He's proved over the seasons that he's a top striker in Greece and you have to pay money for goals. Personally, I think he's still good enough to be a big player for Oly. Not just a member of the squad, but a BIG player. He's had his injury problems though, and being the typical disrespectful, impatient fans that most Oly fans are they've given up on him. This only happens with Oly, btw. When Solskjaer was injured for all that time the Man Utd fans were supportive, same with Van Persie at Arsenal, Del Piero with Juve, etc. Whereas our fans turn on our players <_< Maybe it's because he's ex-pao. Who knows? Either way, I totally agree with you that he needs a fresh start and Aris would be a great move for both parties.

With Koke, Papazaglou, Konstantinou and Calvo, Aris would have a very formidable front line. Lambriakos instead of Konstantinou just doesn't strike that same fear into the hearts of opponents imo.

in terms of practicality - a lambriakos transfer is a better fit. xanthi are done this year, they may be looking to dump some of their higher salaried/older players and i read that lambriakos is aris. the thing is, a lambriakos transfer offers aris a good player at lower wages...his age is also a bonus, because aris wouldn't be tied up with a long-term deal.

dude - i won't disagree, whe both players are 100% healthy, talent-wise along with the age difference - tilts towards konstandinou.

in terms of practicality, lambriakos and what he can offer...is a better fit for aris.

1) i doubt that olympiakos will sell konstandinou to a team that is a lurking competitor for the super league title. aek need a striker...do you think olympiakos would sell konstandinou to aek?

File I don't think you can compare Aris to AEK. AEK are an imidiate threat to the title, whereas Aris can't realistically hope to break the top 3. Konstantinou earns big money for a player that seems to be considered surplus to requirements, so I think they would sell.

2) konstandinou couldn't wait to leave thessaloniki and iraklis, for 'the big time'. not sure what makes you think he'd want to go to aris. also, what guarantees do aris have that konstandinou will ever be 100% healthy again?

At the time he left Ira he was considered one of Europe's best young strikers. I remember UEFA magazine rating him as one the world's stars of the future. He moved to PAO for

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest TheLegend

well, let's see...it's always good to go shopping for players with someone else's money.

- i had recommended labriakos of xanthi as a potential band-aid for 1/2 season, perhaps 1 1/2 seasons. tall, strong..fairly good header of the ball and decent technique for a big man. it looks as though that possibility has come and went.

i have 2 players that would be a perfect fit for aris..either one would be a great transfer. each player is tall with a goal scoring pedigree (albeit in serie B). after some discussion, each player would probably cost aris between 1.2-1.5 million euro - top end 1.75 million euro, if each is still under contract (i couldn't find that info out for now).

the hardest sell is getting an italian professional with ambition to come to the greek league. each of these players' clubs are in danger of falling into serie C, while the temptation of playing in the uefa cup, may be enough to get either player to come to thessaloniki.

best case scenario for aris would be either player available on a free transfer or being set free due to their respective club being relegated to serie c.

1) davide moscarelli of cesena (22nd place - last in serie B). this player is a power center forward - age: 28, height at 1.87m and weighing 80 kilos. this year with cesena, moscarelli has 13 goals (5 penalties).

2) davide succi of ravenna (21st place - second from last in serie B). another power forward - age: 26, height at 1.84m and weighing 78 kilos. this year with ravenna, succi has bagged 15 goals. formerly co-owned by milan/chievo. current contract owned by ravenna.

all it takes is an inquisitve fax from the aris pae to the figc for contract and agent information on these players.

rey - you follow this side religiously, while i watch aris once in awhile as a lover of football. we each agree a tall striker is needed. let's see what happens. in the greek league, the player to spy and make a move on if bajevic approved, was petropoulos who ended up with pao.

besides a tall central striker, 1 or 2 central midfielders/1 centerback are immediate needs for 2008-2009 for aris. i'll give you a serie b scouting report on central mids/center backs when i have some time.

for aris to pay nearly 2m for these players that no one knows and their teams are such low in league would be a waste. If galleti can be bought for a little more than that its no comparison

Actually I don't care too much who of the taller strikers will come here. Yes, true the better comes, the better for us, but it's not the question of his potential quality, it's his presence! Only Koke of our attackers scores some goals this season and also lately Javito when acts more like a striker entering the middle and the opposing box...others not!

I remember when Aris sucked, even in that season when we got relegated we had some stronger attackers than today's like Beniskos, Velonis, Kouemaha who werent anything special of course, but sometimes I wished I had had one especially in some games and moments this season when Papazoglou got injured or even before. And one who looked like some striker like Gougoulias was released in the winter 'cause of coming Amoroso and Redan (this guy didn't satisfy and was immediately let go), and Gougoulias this half-season scored 9 or 10 goals in 12 or 13 matches for Paniliakos. :(

And also it is true that Aris will never give 1.5 to 2 million euros for a player, as long as we don't have a stronger investor or something like OLy or PAO have.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Raul Alberto Salinas- a mexican left side all rounder whose contract expired with Necaxa. Looks like pretty strong rumor.

http://www.goalday.gr/article.asp?catid=10...9&pubid=1070019

2. Konstantinou- nothing is confirmed nor official, but some rumors were circulating that we consider him as an attacking option but still not a priority as we have 3 more/other attackers to look even closer, but as I said nothing confirmed yet from his party nor Aris' party either. Also, apparently if he were about to sign, he would ask for 500.000 euros a year, which considering how we already entered the extending stuffs with certain players that have been with us this season (and earlier) plus some other factors, it looks a little bit too high for us.

A few rumors:

1. After Chalkias is gone, we are desperate to find a keeper. Some say that Duško will keep Kelemen as our No.1.

One target is Ivankov-experienced Bulgarian keeper of Kayseri (Turkey). Apparently great free kick taker, besides.

2. Mihailidis potentially still in the mix.

3. And also Sifakis is mantioned as Aris watch his case pretty closely.

------------------------------------------------------

4. Also some Marco Torres is proposed. Ex Santos. Not a keeper.

Some of our targets or at least rumors:

1. Goalkeeper/s: the most mantioned are still Ivankov and Sifakis. Other options are not excluded too.

2. Central defender: Bolivian Raldes of Rosario Central (Argentina).

3. Striker/s: again Bolivian stronger type of player- Ricardo Pedriel.

Still Konstantinou mantioned, but high wages and his personal willingness to move for a foreign team could be some problem. And finally a positive factor is that Duško could do some magic to convince the guy to come here potentially. :rolleyes:

Recent couple of days, rumors started intensifying..

1. Giannis Kontis- our sports director came back from Barcelona where he took a list of 10 Barcelona B's players proposed by some of their people, since 2 clubs (Aris & Barca) still have a great relationship even after the Ferrer split. Some of those names are Jeffren Suarez (Venezuelan Spaniard), Jonathan dos Santos (Mexican Spaniard, Gio's younger brother. I mean Gio dos Santos that we almost loaned in, last summer) and also one more talented youngster who was loaned out to Espanyol last season.

2. Also something was talked about 34 year old Dutchman Van der Schaaf, who is free this summer from Vitesse.

3. Duško Bajević is today in Sarajevo and watched a match between FK Sarajevo and Čelik Zenica, eye-closing to Josip Lukačević- a Bosnian Croat who covers left wing.

4. Also rumored was Anđelković- LWB of Red Star worth a million and that is a fee that Aris wouldn't pay for a player yet.

5. Also there is one 28 year old no-named Serbian dekari in the mix

6. Thodoros Karapetsas, 18 years old (your U-19 international), released from Grasshopers, who is in focus of 2 more Greek clubs too

7. There is 2 or 3 "unidentified" more people like one Bosnian defender, one Croat def...

A couple of portals reported that we were interested in Blaze N'Kufo (Swiss international) which I fairly don't believe...why would one of the key figures of Twente last season who are gonna to Champions league (qualifications) over alikes of Ajax, Feyenoord, AZ etc, come to Aris plus he, not a long ago, renewed his contract up to 2010?! :huh:

1. We withdrew from the Konstantinou case, as his wage seemed to be too high.

2. We withdrew from Ivankov the keeper too, as we need something younger (U-29 apparently)

3. Anđelković looks the hottest case, as we will need to pay 600.000 to Red star, according to the fames naturally ;) , to get him.

4. Apparently, we are very soon (in next few days) to announce our first transfer this summer (striker) :)

The Bosnian-Croat Lukačević, previously linked to Aris, yesterday signed for Russian club Luch Energia, so he is off the list logically. We are focused on Anđelković now, the man heard so many times recent days!

If Anđelković case fails, then we have 2 more alternatives from Latin-America, concerning defensive winger position/s

Archived