Phantis Forums

New Stadium?

adonis

Theres been alot of stuuf circulating in the media about a new stadium, perhaps renovations, for PAO. Whats this about keeping on meeting up with the Government in regards to a new stadium, and whats going on, bc at the moment, it all sounds confusing and i basically dont know or aint understanding much at this present moment....

????????????????

Can someone please shed some light on this topic!

:blink: :huh: :stupid: :...: :mellow: :huh:

that day will only come

when nea dimokratia run things in greece

with PASOK running greece dont expect any gipedo

its a l04d of s%$#!!

how come for AEK ... they sat down and negotiated it in one day

for us there still going on about how there negotiating this blah blah

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Protathlitis

stop with the conspiracy theories already

the reason why theres been such debate over the new gipedo is because of the huge strain it will put on traffic especially with the olympics, we cant just destroy athens like we used to by building where we like. we need some room in our great city.

When Karraiskaki was to be re-build I didnt hear anybody speaking about those things.... Nobody bothered to consider the space in our city or anything else. The only thing that the vromopasokia (Venizelos-lianis etc etc) wanted is to please Kokkalis.... Lets see now where all the PAO fans are against them in the elections........

They took years of debate just to come up with the location of the PAO stadium. First it was leoforos, then (with laliotis) it was Goudi, then they tried to take us to bloody eleona, and now leoforos again...... Oyst Vromopasokia.... :box: :box:

Living abroad and visiting only rarely, I never been to GOUDI... Is this an appropriate place for us? Is it in Athens? I mean can the team/fans identify with it?

Like the New York Jets that play in ..New Jersey (in ..Giants stadium no less)!!!!!

I don't know, I understand that Leoforos is a small and old stadium for PAO, but I love that place (OK, I'm getting sentimental now), and has lots of history.

I was in favor of buying out business, houses around there and expanding/modernizing the stadium, but I haven't heard much from PAO fans about GOUDI....

I mean, many English teams have their homes in cities/towns much like PAO does now. They are part of the local identity... I don't want us to lose our IDENTITY even if we get a better stadium... Home is where the heart beats.... ;)

Your thoughts?

unless pao buys the land around our stadium........it has to be moved :( i have angry with oly fans.....it needs a massive renovations! but i agree it has centimental value..i mean think of all the world class teams that have come and lost!!!!

Living abroad and visiting only rarely, I never been to GOUDI... Is this an appropriate place for us? Is it in Athens? I mean can the team/fans identify with it?

Like the New York Jets that play in ..New Jersey (in ..Giants stadium no less)!!!!!

I don't know, I understand that Leoforos is a small and old stadium for PAO, but I love that place (OK, I'm getting sentimental now), and has lots of history.

I was in favor of buying out business, houses around there and expanding/modernizing the stadium, but I haven't heard much from PAO fans about GOUDI....

I mean, many English teams have their homes in cities/towns much like PAO does now. They are part of the local identity... I don't want us to lose our IDENTITY even if we get a better stadium... Home is where the heart beats.... ;)

Your thoughts?

Goudi is very near to Leoforos my friend Athineos..... It is indeed a very nice place for a stadium and also it keeps the PAO tradition being an Athenian team (instead moving to eleonas)....

Goudi is between Abelokipi and Zografou it has traditionally been one of the GREENEST places in Athens it is considered to be one of the centres of PAO fans along with abelokipi, Gyzi and Zografou!!!! :tup:

It is also a very large area, where lots of space can be exloited along with the stadium.... I think it is the best solution for the new stadium to be build. Even better than the reconstruction of Leoforos... After all I will be within walking distance from my house to Goudi... (I am ia a walking distance to Leoforos as well so it doesnt make much of a diference)...

But lets wait and see, Goudi has been proposed three years ago but finaly it was rejected due to protests by residents of the Goudi area. Lets see what the PASOKIA are going to do....

We are doomed, ha... if we are waiting for a favour from PASOK.

Anyways, it shouldn't be a favour to us. They should do for PAO what they agreed to do with Oly. It's PAO that makes Greece proud every year in Europe. Everyone should recognise that.

Anyways, does anyone know what will happen to Leoforos if we move to Goudi? In England, many clubs have left their traditional homes and moved to modern stadia. The English habit is to destroy the old stadium and sell the land to help pay for the new one. Clubs like Bolton, Derby, and Sunderland had great memories in thier old stadiums which they destroyed and sold the land.

Maybe PAO can keep Leoforos and turn it into it's academy for young players of the future.

Goudi is very near to Leoforos my friend Athineos..... It is indeed a very nice place for a stadium and also it keeps the PAO tradition being an Athenian team (instead moving to eleonas)....

Goudi is between Abelokipi and Zografou it has traditionally been one of the GREENEST places in Athens it is considered to be one of the centres of PAO fans along with abelokipi, Gyzi and Zografou!!!! :tup:

It is also a very large area, where lots of space can be exloited along with the stadium.... I think it is the best solution for the new stadium to be build. Even better than the reconstruction of Leoforos... After all I will be within walking distance from my house to Goudi... (I am ia a walking distance to Leoforos as well so it doesnt make much of a diference)...

Goudi is not THAT close to Leoforos or ambelokoipi. I certainly wouldn't like to walk from Leoforos to Goudi. I'd need a bus:-)

Goudi is not THAT close to Leoforos or ambelokoipi. I certainly wouldn't like to walk from Leoforos to Goudi. I'd need a bus:-)
Re Pano einai apla ta pramata re,

de xreizetai na pas leoforo gia na pas meta pas goudi..pas kateutheian goudi re..

:blink: :rolleyes: :lol: B)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived