Phantis Forums

MUNIOZ after this Season

Tsoglani

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like to make big projections, but Munoz is the best thing that happened to our team in a very long while. This guy knows football, can see what's happening, and isn't afraid to bench expensive primadonas to give chances to other (even very young) players.

Let's face it, PAO is not a wealthy team by European standards, so it cannot get the super-duper very expensive players. But, where other teams need a coach to manage the big egos of the superstars, etc, teams like ours need a coach who can find the right people for the right position and get 100% out of them. Munoz has to be a teacher to the young players. In other words, he needs to be much more efficient with the means he's got. If a club is wealthy, it has many more options and can afford to be less efficient because it makes up with talent and the ability to get talent much more easily.

The smaller teams (like PAO) that have done great and won big in euro play are the ones that have the characteristics Munoz is bringing to PAO. So, give this guy a very good contract, and the authority to shape the team---let's not forget, he's not responsible for the roster and the garbage we carry on it!

PS>I have to add that one reason I like this guy is that he doesn't talk bullsh*t. Many before him, they would say things divorced from reality. For me, it's a credibility thing. :tup:

Munoz all the way!!! i like this coach very much... i hope tzigger at least for once na katalavei ti einai gia to kalo tou PAO... if Munoz stays... next year we gonna have a TEAM!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/140845.html

yet another reason to hold on to our coach..hes is doing what we (the fans) have wanted to see in decades...young greeks getting their chance on the big stage..no one else wanted to take the risk, but he had the balls to do it..not to mention there are two of them in the team..and players like leontiou, tsigas and tziolis..bravo!!! :D

to allo pou maresei me ton Munoz einai oti paei o idios kai vlepei tis antipales omades tou pao kai den stelnei voithous...

is anybody sent email to pao site for munoz??? so he can stay... i think im gonna send them...

During the Pao-Paok game Katsaros commented on Munoz' passion on the sidelines. The other guy said he looks like he is ready to enter the game as a substitute.

He said Munoz does the same in practice where he plays with the team and scores often! :tup:

he was a great player as well

It would be fun to watch him. I hope he does it for a friendly just for the heck of it.

It has been a long time since Pao had a coach that all the fans seem to support. Usually three months into the job some fans begin whining about this and that.

But Munoz has his finger on the team pulse, fields the most logical team, starts the best players, and with few exceptions, makes the right substitutions at the right time. On top of all this, he supports youth, talent, and skill, and puts on a good show on the sidelines.

Last time I remember a coach like him was the Giatsek Gmoh era :)

I don't think that tzigger can be so stupid!

What I'm afraid of is that Munoz will interest Spanish(most probably) teams and it will be up to him to decide...and the fact that his family is in Spain isn't really positive!

But genereally, I don't think there is a pao fan that doesn't want this coach to continue here!

What I'm afraid of is that Munoz will interest Spanish(most probably) teams and it will be up to him to decide...and the fact that his family is in Spain isn't really positive!

But genereally, I don't think there is a pao fan that doesn't want this coach to continue here!

he's proven his stupidity in the past....start the contract talks before the summer, get him signed & he'll stay...

he's proven his stupidity in the past....start the contract talks before the summer, get him signed & he'll stay...
it seems that our coach Munoz is on the Celta list of coaches...

If we dont extend his contract ASAP we'll be in dissaray during the summer all over again :tdown:

Does anyone know how much power Munoz is given? (ie. transfers, etc)

If he believes that he has the freedom to shape the team, and the owner offers his a good contract, I think he'll stay. Obviously he will IF he feels he has a future with the team... and a future with a good possibility of success. Otherwise, I won't blame the guy for leaving the amaturish Greek football league.

Munoz may not have been perfect with 'results' but seriously coaches shouldnt be judged on solely the numbers. Munoz is showing some great interest and work in the team. Utilizing youth like Ninis, Tsigkas, Tziolis and Mantzios who have started to really blossom is a pretty important thing for this club to go forward. Its NOT all about results and like it or not were stuck in this rebuilding phase due to re/deconstruciton of idiots like Bakke who didnt do more than highschool practices and brought in useless garbage without sending out some.

Anyways he seems to be a bit pissed and blunt with the players after OFI, which is a characterisitic that needs to happen...

I think he gets points for critisizing teams defense last game and warning them

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/142426.html

Archived