-
Posts
2,410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
126
Everything posted by paokarag4
-
You're backing in Zivkovic blackhawk? I think Paschalakis will get a run between the posts after Zivko's last few weeks, he never looked safe. He did keep those clean sheets but he never turned in a Paschalakis-esque performance where he kept us in a match. I think the clean sheets had more to do with the team getting to know Ferreira's system and tactics. I too would like Akpom to start, but given he started midweek in Crete I think Swiderski will get the nod to lead the line.
-
5 derbies for zero wins so far this season, fair to say this is a must win. Just to clear the mental hurdle of winning a derby. It's alarming that except for the match against Olympiakos we've conceded at least 2 goals in all other derbies so far this season a clean sheet would be massive. I think unless he has a disaster against OFI in the cup, Paschalakis will be reinstated in goals for this one. AEK's new Italian coach loves his defense and will no doubt come and shut up shop and try and hit us on the break, I think we maybe be in for a difficult evening where patience will be key.
-
So so sloppy, poor touches, turning over the ball constantly, zero cohesion. Aris look hungrier and more willing to get to 2nd and 3rd balls.
-
Players looks slow and off the pace, can't deal with Aris pressing especially Matos and Limnios. No point standing around get Akpom and Biseswar on the pitch and try turn it around
-
Nervous about this one, this is the game that Aris lives for they'll come out all guns blazing to take points off us. If our defense remains solid as it has been for the last 7-8 games then I think we'll get the win, if Aris manage to take the lead, well we all remember the first game in Toumba where about 20 minutes of football was played. Of course our Yellow and black friends will have you believe 7 mins of stoppage time was to allow us to equalise but hey let's not let the truth get in the way of a good parnga story.
-
Scored in Arsenal's 2-0 win over Manchester united, it was their first home league win since October!!
-
How much better do you think we can get? We have to keep in mind we are playing in Greece, we aren't going to get a superstar to come across. This is a guy who game at 26-27 who was a Serie A starter. For Greece I'd say that's a pretty decent signing. He has something that is incredibly important, discipline. It's the reason Lamprou doesn't get a game, it's the question mark over Jaba's game and the same with Stoch. Why do you think Limnios plays? Now I know you can't have a team full of hard workers with no flair and minimal attacking ability but I'm just not in a huge hurry to get him out the door. I don't want El Kaddouri starting on the wing against Atromitos, Lamia etc that's when he looks poor. In the big games he stands up and is more suited to those types of games and for me that's a sign of a good player.
-
I must be the only one who rates poor old Omar. He isn't flashy but he is an all round solid player. Hard working, completes passes, has good touch/control and he moves to the right places. He's not going to beat 3 players and score a goal of the season contender but I would be happy to keep him around. He is the type of player you want in big games as he usually makes the right decision and can draw a foul to take the heat off. And he is usually one of our better players in derbies and European matches.
-
He was okay, the games tempo had completely dropped when he came on but he defended well on a few occasions and obviously provided the assist for Misic's goal. But hard to gauge him on 30 mins in a game where we were 4-1 one up when he came on.
-
And he has an effort cleared off the line, it has the feeling that he'll score. Looks like Vierinha has gone into the middle to play as a dekari with Lamprou out on the left and Pelkas on the right
-
A Zivokovic mistake had been coming and there it is
-
Our friends from Pireaus are gonna love that one
-
We are taking the piss from set pieces today. Ingason for a hat-trick!! 3-0
-
Swiderski had no idea what was going on there? Ingason can't stop scoring
-
Olympiakos want the game replayed because the goal they scored was disallowed (even though it was onside) There are 2 ways I can take this debate on. Number one and the unbiased view is: The fact that VAR has been implemented without the technology to produce the line to assist with offsides is a joke. How can the broadcaster have this line, yet the people making the make or break decision need to make a call of inches based on the naked eye? Just another example of incompetence in our country. (But since when were the gavori unbiased) 2: (and what will probably be the favoured view in here) Ahhhhh kala htane otan o Katsouranis htane offside?? Olympiakos is being beaten at their own game and they can't take it. Kala na pathoune for all the years of dictatorship we (and the other clubs) played under.
-
Damn, Akpom had hit some form, disappointing to see him miss. Perhaps there is a slight chance we see Lamprou with Chuba out, if things aren't going well he's probably the one of all the wingers who is most suited to playing as a striker next to Swiderski. It is unlikely but it would be good to see him as I think in January he's gone (loaned)
-
Nice little interview with JVS. He comes across as a humble and nice guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=596&v=JjHs2rI0XrE&feature=emb_title
-
Important 3 points especially considering Olympiakos dropped points here earlier in the season. Onto the next, we just need to keep ticking off the wins. Where are you guys reading/hearing about Crespo? I can't seem to find any articles
-
Will be a tricky game, it's always an arm wrestle against Panaitolikos especially at Agrinio. If it wasn't for Vieirinha's wonder strike last season who knows what would've happen. Lamprou is included in the squad again at the expense of Stoch (again) Πασχαλάκης , Ζίβκοβιτς , Βαρέλα , Κρέσπο , Ίνγκασον , Μάτος , Γιαννούλης , Βιεϊρίνια , Ντόουγκλας , Μαουρίσιο , Ελ Καντουρί , Μίσιτς , Εσίτι , Πέλκας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Λημνιός , Λάμπρου , Άκπομ , Σφιντέρσκι.
-
No idea how accurate this is as I can't find any news articles to confirm but according to Wikipedia (I may as well be making this up I know) We are playing Syria and Luxembourg in March. Also as per the Wikipedia page, we will be participating in the Kirin Cup a tournament held by Japan in June, we are set to play Japan on the 14th of June. Again I can't find a reliable source to back this up so who knows what's going on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_national_football_team#2020
-
Another goal for him this morning in a 1-2 away win against Heerenven, he also apparently hit the post late in the game.(He played the full 90) The win takes Willem up to 3rd place on the table, they may end up in 4th by the end of the weekend depending on what PSV does.
-
Got his first minutes of the season this morning in the Europa League, a 2-2 draw with Standard Liege.
-
@Yiankos Do you know that 100% works? So I could wake up in the morning at 10am and watch the whole match replay without the score being shown to me? Because I emailed PAOK support a while ago asking if I can and they never got back to me. So I just assumed that it wasn't a possibility and you could only watch the game live.
-
Not sure if anyone saw this but Ajax were bundled out of the Champions league group stage this morning after losing 0-1 at home to Valencia, Ajax just needed a draw to go through but were knocked out despite picking up 10 points across the group stage. What really made me smile was that Valencia went down to 10 men in stoppage time when one of their players reacted to Tadic trying to drag him up for feigning injury and trying to waste time. The Valencia player then barely kissed Tadic and he hit the deck like he had been shot. Funny it didn't bother Tadic when he and his teammates were rolling around and diving like crazy in the 2nd leg against us when they had the lead, happy to see he Dusan in particular not get to qualify. They will probably go deep in the Europa league and maybe even win it, but karma comes around in football. I'm not still bitter though, I've moved on from that game 100%
-
As a fan living in Australia I can only speak for myself. I haven't bought the season subscription and probably won't. The simple reason is due to the time difference I probably watch every 3rd or 4th game live. With work and other commitments it's hard to get up at 2,3,4am to watch a match, so I can't justify spending close to $114 (Australian) for the season pass. When I can watch a home game I buy the match and if it's an away game I'll get a stream. I know the time difference with the US isn't as bad as with Australia we really get shafted here and rarely is a kickoff time at before 2am.