-
Posts
2,409 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
126
Everything posted by paokarag4
-
Agree in terms of Kolouris, he's a poacher not too dissimilar to Swiderski, at least in terms of style. Don't think he'd add anything. Midfield is where the concern lies. All I know is we better sign Misic ASAP on a permanent deal because the longer it goes without an official announcement the more nervous I get that he won't be around next season.
-
According to this article JVS is considering calling up 7 "new" player for the friendlies in March. Pouggouras, Mavropanos, Kyriakopoulos and Lampropoulos (not exactly new) These 4 he's considering as Center backs, even though we know Kyriakopoulos as a left back it seems JVS really wants a left footed CB and thinks he can shift him into the center of defense similar to how he's done with Stafylidis. He's also considering Marinakis (OFI) as cover for right back, as well as Tsilianidis and Xatzigiovanis to play on the wings. https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-elladas-oi-7-neoi-poy-vlepei-o-fan-sip.5678894.html
-
Anastasios Bakasetas - (Now Playing for Panathinaikos)
paokarag4 replied to Argy's topic in Greek Players Abroad
I think you've mixed up the games Alphonse, they played Yeni on the weekend. Today they beat Galatasaray 2-0 in the first leg of the Cup quarter final today. Bakasetas scored a very nice goal on his right boot. Not sure what his goal on the weekend is like, he scored in both games. He's been in very good form. -
Leonidas Stergiou is a 17 year old center back playing in Switzerland with St.Gallen. He has been in a starter in 18 of their 20 league matches so far and his team sit on top of the Swiss Super league. He is born and raised in Switzerland to a Serbian Mother and a Greek father (according to wikipedia) EPO is aware of him and is apparently interested in him. Can JVS pull it off again and convince another Greek aboard to play with the Ethniki? It'll be tricky as this kid appears to have the world at his feet at only 17 playing regular senior football at a decent level. It should also be noted he is a Swiss youth international from under 15's-Under 19's. https://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/super-league/article/1731870/stergiou-to-paidi-thauma-tou-ellinikou-podosfairou https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonidas_Stergiou
-
Ok I hope I'm not in the minority here but I did have a laugh at the Savvidis impersonator, things like that I find funny. The same way I found it funny when a PAOK fan dumped the Gavrakia on Olympiacos bench before the cup semi final (I think) all those years ago. You need to be able to laugh at yourself at times otherwise we're just as bad as them. I'm sure the gun was fake. As for the allegations that it was Karypidis I have to agree surely not. I know he and big boy are good friends but geez talk about earning your pay or in Aris' case earning your players.
-
You guys are spot on, our players need upgrading. A combination of age and serious injuries has the current squad just about done. The style Abel wants to play doesn't suit these players, he wants possession and build up. The only guys capable of that are Misic (he is a star) and Bieseswar (he's been out of form most of the season) Mauricio was never the most technical player and obviously coming off a long term injury you can't expect much from him. Another thing that we struggle is with teams pressing us high. It's how Aris outplayed us and same today with PAO. Again our players aren't good enough to pass their way out of a press, it's just errors and turnovers. PAO pressed with intent and in number, exactly as Aris did. In comparison when we pressed it's half-assed and not every player does it, that just makes it easy for the opposition to beat the press and break into space. There is time but I can't say I'm confident heading into the playoffs where we will play another 8 derbies. Especially the ones away. The formula is there to beat us, everyone has seen it. It's up to Ferreira to find a way to beat teams that press or alter his playing style in those matches so we don't get caught on the ball so deep in our half. Over to you Abel.
-
Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Svoronos)
paokarag4 replied to Euro2004's topic in Greek Players Abroad
Apparently he's in Russia to meet and potentially sign with Krylia Sovetov Samara, they are currently 2nd last in the Russian Premier league. https://www.sport24.gr/paraskinio/24o-evaggelio/24o-eyaggelio-sthn-krilia-sovetov-o-kyriakos-papadopoylos.5676743.html -
Panagiotis Retsos ‒ (Now Playing for Olympiakos)
paokarag4 replied to Argy's topic in Greek Players Abroad
Looks like the move Cagliari didn't eventuate, but he's joining Sheffield United in the Premier league on loan. https://www.sport24.gr/football/EllinesExoterikou/kleinei-sth-sefilnt-gioynaitent-o-retsos.5676499.html A English article just because sport24 let me down last time with the links to Cagliari https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/report-sheffield-united-striker-deal-with-panagiotis-retsos/ -
What an actual country we have. Sooo much of the media is controlled by people who have an agenda. For what it's worth I've always thought Sport24 was relatively unbiased and generally pretty good. I will say though they don't have anything on the Stimena trial which started today, make of that what you will
-
FIFA? UEFA? You mean where Kurio Savvas Theodoridis son is the general secretary? I'm with Bananas no doubt they will be impartial ?
-
We've been drawn to face Panathiniakos in the quarters, tricky draw PAO is in very good form of late. The other pairings are Lamia-Olympiacos Atromitos-Aris Panetolikos-AEK/Asteras
-
Our boy Ivan coming back at the big lad from down south with some fire "Τόσα χρόνια ακούγαμε τους ανθρώπους του Ολυμπιακού τον Μαρινάκη και το Θεοδωρίδη να μας λένε: μην κλαίτε και κάντε επενδύσεις. Τώρα κλαίνε αυτοί. Τους συμβουλεύουμε λοιπόν να κάνουν επενδύσεις" https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/big-4-h-apanthsh-savvidh-ston-marinakh.5673154.html Savvidis has learnt how to play the game, and big boy Vangeli doesn't like it.
-
Danger game for Stefanos too, Raonic is a former top 5 player and has a massive serve.
-
Looks he got injured and was subbed off in the first half after he had scored. Hopefully nothing serious he has been having a great year
-
Panagiotis Retsos ‒ (Now Playing for Olympiakos)
paokarag4 replied to Argy's topic in Greek Players Abroad
Looks he's on his way to Italy and he's joining Lykogiannis at Cagliari on loan with an option for them to buy him in the summer. Hopefully he's a starter. https://www.sport24.gr/paraskinio/24o-evaggelio/24o-eyaggelio-pros-kaliari-o-retsos.5672774.html -
Sakkari dispatches of Gasparjan easily 6-2 6-2 Next up for her is the winner of Peng-Hibino In the 2nd round Tsitsipas is playing against the 36 year old German Philipp Kohlschreiber.
-
Var overturns the offside given on Pelkas and goal! 2-0!
-
Good chance to start Lamprou, he is more suited to these types of games where we will dominate possession and he can probably get away with not tracking as much as he would need to against one of the top teams. Seems the stars are alligning with Biesewar, El Kaddouri still out and Vieirinha dropping to left back, seems like its between him and Stoch and there is no way Stoch starts
-
Fetfa is jealous of the sidestep ukwork just pulled off stepping around all of the facts Yiankos dropped
-
Although it was basically a dead rubber one thing that has come out of this game is something we have all long suspected that Lamprou can offer us something even if it's off the bench. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get mins especially if we are chasing a game, interesting to see if we hang on to him and if Ferreira gives him more game time moving forward.
-
You know what they say, a 6-1 aggregate lead is the most dangerous score in football
-
Lamprou's goal was spectacular!! Great determination and a great finish
-
I'm wondering if Lamia are going to crucify and sack their keeper again like they did to Vellidis after our game. He copped 4 goals, Vellidis was chased out for only conceding three! It must be over him, or are Olympiacos and Lamia good old friend and "Ela mwre twra, ta efage to palikari ti na kanoume twra?"
-
Mavropanos is on the verge of moving to Nuremberg on loan for the rest of the season. They are currently fighting for their lives in Germany's second division as they are third last and in a relegation playoff spot. Would've been better to see him move to a club in the top tier somewhere, but I guess any minutes are good at this stage. https://www.sport24.gr/football/EllinesExoterikou/konta-se-nyremvergh-o-mayropanos.5668128.html
-
You're backing in Zivkovic blackhawk? I think Paschalakis will get a run between the posts after Zivko's last few weeks, he never looked safe. He did keep those clean sheets but he never turned in a Paschalakis-esque performance where he kept us in a match. I think the clean sheets had more to do with the team getting to know Ferreira's system and tactics. I too would like Akpom to start, but given he started midweek in Crete I think Swiderski will get the nod to lead the line.