Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Brklyngrk

Members
  • Posts

    1,375
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    39

Everything posted by Brklyngrk

  1. The flip side to all this and what makes us appreciate Greece are the everyday people who are very helpful and quite nice. I have had the cab driver who for some bizarre reason, did not want to do multiple drop offs for each passenger in the taxi even though he was being paid for the service (something about not being a bus driver). But the good far outweighs the bad. Red Sheriff is correct, the prices that are charged in Greece are far cheaper than the rest of western europe.
  2. The ripping off of tourists is not just a phenomenon found in Greece. These types of things happen all over the world. In NYC, taxi cabs would routinely overcharge tourists especially from the airports. That is why they were forced to adopt fixed pricing. There was an article in the paper how some food vendors charged tourists $30 for a hotdog and coke. These things happen everywhere. I was in Rome talking to the owner of this boutique hotel I had stayed at. The minute it was time to leave, he said that he would hail me a cab (of course he couldn't help me with my bags because he has a bad back but that's another story). As I was walking to the cab, I heard him go up to the taxi driver and tell him we were Americans for no reason. There are always going to be those who look at tourists as easy pickings.
  3. Rumored to be going to Roma.... http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Roma/pairnei-karnezh-h-roma.3469674.html
  4. We play Scotland on Sunday and France on Wednesday.
×
×
  • Create New...