Brklyngrk
Members-
Posts
1,375 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
39
Everything posted by Brklyngrk
-
I think that Sokrates was right about Anastasiadis. He did what he did to force a change which was necessary. It is beyond insane to spend 3 weeks in a camp and not game plan your opponent. To not have a set line up, to play someone who has never played as a left back minutes before a game. If he hadn't come out publicly, than he would not have been fired. Having said that, the team has played much better since. If he has an ego and thinks he is better than the team, than...
-
Cool read!
-
A true leader (at least a competent one) rises to the occasion during times of crisis. Seeing how Mistotakis pretty much saved Greece during this pandemic, shows that he more than up to the task. Whether you agree with him or not on policy (fair point - we all have different ideas), all you need to do is look at other countries throughout Europe to see what has transpired. During the Evros incidents, he handled it with calm and galvanized his allies (I use that term loosely) to at least stem the tide. I keep thinking of what would have happened if Tsipras was in charge. We saw how he handled the bail outs....
-
Really? Bc they are beginning with the call ups...
-
Thinking of going to the game in Jersey, does anyone know what the Greek section is?
-
Can Podence play OLY? Isn't he cup tied?
-
Anastasios Bakasetas - (Now Playing for Panathinaikos)
Brklyngrk replied to Argy's topic in Greek Players Abroad
I think Lymbe was the technical director at AEK when he left... -
What I do know is that the govn't is trying to stabilize the economy and streamline reforms while dealing with external threats in the eastern med. Unfortunately, sport and politics seem to go together. The government feels that if PAOK is relegated, there will be riots in Saloniki. Same goes if OLY was relegated, there would be riots. To have some calm, there are trying to get ahead of this. I don't like the fact that Sports and Politics are being comingled but in an environment were there are so many pitfalls, soccer should not destroy a country. Just being pragmatic. And while I do agree if PAOK is guilty, they should be relegated, I do not think PAOK would accept the punishment and they would start blaming the other big teams. btw - I support PAO but Greece above all teams.
-
If PAOK gets relegated, it will cause riots in northern Greece. That is the only reason why the state did what it did.
-
Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Svoronos)
Brklyngrk replied to Euro2004's topic in Greek Players Abroad
In his case though, it wasn't his fault for lack of trying. He was/is injury prone. Always hustled and tried. -
Saw it the other day, looks like a blue tee with the Greek logo on it...
-
3 man back line, when the coach went for attack, he took our Sok and left him in...
-
Initially I thought Anastasiadis was brilliant. Organizing a camp three weeks in advance before its two biggest fixtures was genius. Imagine spending all that time away and accomplishing nothing. Not having a clear game plan, no scouting (apparently) of the other team, and watching the champions league final instead of watching film on Italy/Armenia. Soc/Manolas play for two of the biggest teams, they must have been so frustrated. I commend him for speaking up, without that, we would not have moved forward. I am sure he made his feelings known before but in order for someone to act, he had to make it public.
-
If they buy in, great, if not, then they will not play. But to have talents like them two and not call them up would not be smart. I do think Sokratis loves the national team and he spoke up bc he thought the coach was not preparing the team well. Reports that the coach changed formation right before kick-off in the Italy game are ridiculous, especially playing someone out of position who had never practiced there. The player having to speak up and saying he is not comfortable was not a good sign!!!
-
They lost in extra time...1-0
-
Overall, it seems that the first half disaster was necessary in order for us to accept a coach like JVS. To drop players like he did. The way we are playing now, I believe we definitely would have qualified. We may not have the most technical team but we hustle and are fast. Never thought I would use those words together in describing the team.