Phantis Forums

Fenerbahce Thread

The Appiah transfer is complete. The player will come to Istanbul on Thursdayy. His fee is 8M € anounnced by Mahmut Uslu.

I feel it is to much for a player as Appiah to sign with a 8M fee...

Posted Image

Stephen Appiah in his new jersey

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appiah is a real class player, unlike Grandma Toure Olympiakos got.

I first discovered Appiah in CM while he was at Parma.

But i do agree he wasnt worth all that money, maybe 3-4M euros at most.

Appiah is a real class player, unlike Grandma Toure Olympiakos got.

I first discovered Appiah in CM while he was at Parma.

But i do agree he wasnt worth all that money, maybe 3-4M euros at most.

welcome to the forum pontio and enjoy your stay. ;)

Fenerbahce's a few big signings in the last few seasons:

Ariel Arnaldo Ortega - fee $18.5M (from River Plate)

Washington - fee $ 5.7M (from Ponte AA)

Alex de Souza - fee €11M (from Cruzeiro)

Nicolas Anelka - fee €9.5M (from Man City)

Stephen Appiah - fee €8M (from Juventus Turin)

I hate to say this but it's looking pretty impressive :la:

i just read that if Newcastle raise their bid to 10 mill. pounds, Fenner will sell Anelka and buy Nihat Khaveci from Socieded and Hamit Altintop from Shalke.

if of course Anelka wishes to leave and the price is right.

Where did you read that Fener will poach on Nihat and Halil??? The move away for Anelka from Kadikoy is a fortnight-old rumour already but the French forward insists he will stay put at Fenerbahce and will help the team achieve its goals. Fenerbahce signed him for a fee of €9.5M from City and Toons initially made an offer of

i just read that if Newcastle raise their bid to 10 mill. pounds, Fenner will sell Anelka and buy Nihat Khaveci from Socieded and Hamit Altintop from Shalke.

if of course Anelka wishes to leave and the price is right.

Where did you read that Fener will poach on Nihat and Halil???

from goal.com:

Fener Ready To Let Nic Go?

7/25/2005 1:50:00 AM

Fenerbahce coach Christoph Daum has stated that if the price is right, he has no problem with Nicolas Anelka leaving the club should the player wish to leave.

The Turkish club’s board has come up with plans to buy Nihat Kahveci from Real Sociedad and Hamit Altintop from Schalke 04, provided Newcastle United raise their bid for Anelka to 10 million pounds.

After this Fenerbahce will then look at bringing in another star foreign player.

Erim Tuc

Fenerbahce SK have extended the loan stay of Turkey goalkeeper Rustu Recber for the 2005/06 season.

The much-anticipated deal with FC Barcelona is a welcome boost for the Superleague champions, who will enter the UEFA Champions League in September's group stage. Rustu moved to Spain in 2003 after ending his nine-year stint at Fenerbahce but played only four league games.

The 32-year-old returned to the Istanbul club on loan last term and made 29 appearances as they claimed their 16th title. Fenerbahce have been busy in the transfer market this summer, notably signing Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah from Juventus Turin and Bursaspor goalkeeper Serdar Kulbilge.

We chopped Aykut and now Fener is chopping Volkan...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The groups in the Champions League has been drawn and our representative(!) Fenerbahce has been paired with AC Milan, PSV Eindhoven and Schalke 04 in Group E...

I do not need to add a poll whether Fener can qualify from this group because it's so certain that they'll end up fourth (with probably zero or three points at maximum)...

"Underachieving is what Fener achieves most!"

FATIH ALTAYLI :LOL:

By the way, Fenerbahce have signed former Turkish topscorer of the year Zafer Biryol from Konyaspor for an undisclosed fee. Strange signing when you have a horrible defence, ain't it???

Aziz Yıldırım said Newcastle offered 8.5 million Euro but we did'nt sell him.Fener can't buy Saudi player they dont have place for a new foreign player.They are thinking to buy Brazillian forward if they sell Anelka.Thier first nominee is Fred from Cruzeiro.For the group it is an hard group but There is an advantage for Fener.All teams are strong and every thing can happen.if they win the mathces at home.They can join the second stage.

• 1 month later...

I thought you where GS when it came to the neigbhors ? :)

http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/kurumsaldeta...sp?ContentID=88

Good luck, and wear an NT shirt to the game, this is will be after we stamp out 2nd place :P

i never could decide.....but i will be in Constantines city :P that day for my academic trip there and have that evening free! it will be crazy!

I would wear an NT jersey but I want to come out alive....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

After seeing his fifth GALATASARAY championship during his reign, FENERBAHCE chairman AZIZ YILDIRIM decided to leave his post as FENERBAHCE chairman due to the reasons that he and FENERBAHCE was severely sweared at in all stadia in Anatolia...

WE BELIEVE THAT, AZIZE! DON'T WORRY!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

fener will have presidential elections and aziz yildirim will take part

He is an iiiiiiiiidiot :LOL:

He is an iiiiiiiiidiot :LOL:

Ole Ole Ole... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So it seems the Fener terrorist wants to add more Galatasaray trophies to his room... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 months later...

Italian sports agency ANSA has just reported that Stephen Appiah has accepted Fenerbahce's offer of €1.55M for three years. The transfer will now be officiated in front of Turkish media when the Ghanaian comes to Istanbul on Friday. Fenerbahce announced that they will pay €5.9M to Juventus for the player's services but ANSA reports that both parties made an agreement on a €7.5M fee. There's some confusion to say the least but this transfer is done and sealed now.

Italian sports agency ANSA has just reported that Stephen Appiah has accepted Fenerbahce's offer of €1.55M for three years. The transfer will now be officiated in front of Turkish media when the Ghanaian comes to Istanbul on Friday. Fenerbahce announced that they will pay €5.9M to Juventus for the player's services but ANSA reports that both parties made an agreement on a €7.5M fee. There's some confusion to say the least but this transfer is done and sealed now.

Yeah we will for sure :tup:

About oliviera: His team said that "he doesnt want to play with our team, we will give him for 1 year as a loan. And Fenerbahce made the best offer." :D So there is a good chance of him to join us.

Lugano: Yes u are right about him... And about ur comment that he wont be able to play good in Fenerbahce like our ex stars.. I can say that it is over, it used to be like that with some of those players but when u think about Alex, Appiah, Nobre, Luciano they all adaptate to team very easily. Only problem is Anelka and actually he had born as a problem. I mean it is not about us, it is about his personality...

Appiah: Of course he is not excellent nobody is perfect ;) But he is so close to be perfect as u can understand from offers... Many good teams wanted him after his performance on our team and his national team.

Archived