Phantis Forums

ALBANIA COUNTRY OF EAGLES

Guest RED_ARMY

Hi again,

While I'm sure it will be a hard fought match and a tough one to call, just to try and show I'm not talking out of my @r$€ when I predict a 2:1 win for my team, here's a bunch of interesting stats:

- Head to head record against Greece in Tirana: 2W 3D 0L (not too shabby, eh?)

- Last match vs Greece in Tirana: 2:0, 11-OCT-00

- Last competitive match defeat in Tirana: vs Finland 0:2, 01-SEP-01

- Last friendly match defeat in Tirana: vs Romania, spring 1949 (29 unbeaten)

A propos, the only team that managed to take some of the gloss of your otherwise superb Euro 2004 victory, Russia, was soundly beaten by us in the last qualifiers, 3:1 (and we even managed to miss a penalty :angry: in the process... )

So no need to shake in your boots, but you underestimate us at your peril.

It's been a pleasure guys, I'm off for a pint & then off to Tirana! Cheerio...

TKZ

Enjoy your pint and try not to puke on yourself tomorrow. Cheerio!

Hmmm, Clover...

If I'm correct to assume you're a Panathinaikos fan - judging from "Clover" and seeing that clearly you're not Irish or a Bhoy - I'm starting to feel really sorry for you right about now, knowing you're gonna get thrashed by us - The Arsenal - in Champions League too. :hypocrite:

Tough few months ahead, eh? I'd stay off the booze completely if I were you...

Now cheerio again, you witty little chappie you...

TKZ

Guys,

For the record, I am from Tirana.

This is a soccer game, it is not a war. Let's quit slamming each other.

I am sure there are Albanian criminals out there just like there are a lot of Greek criminals as well. Surely Greece employs hundreds of thousands of Albanians but Greek economy is also reaping the benefits.

Regarding the Albanians living in Greece, they are seeking the same things Greeks in USA and Europe did a few decades ago.

Fifty years from today, the tide could change, you never know.

My point is, we don't get anywhere by hating each other.

It's the 21st century, lets not show our balkan roots and act a bit more civilized.

It is a soccer game, may the best one win.

Greetings to all Greek and Albanian fans altogether.

Sincerely,

Zig

I see many posts edited and this is simply stupid.

First of all "Red Army"

You are welcome in this forum to support your views but do me a favour. You understand that being on the other side of many Greeks means you first should try to keep the conversation cool. It is as simple as that ... if all start shouting at you then no discussion will be achieved but mayhem.

To the rest of the guys.

In a football match Albania CAN win, Greece CAN win and they CAN draw...

It IS as simple as that.

Our views and comments on the value of the two teams and our faith to our squad can be supported with facts and does not need neither racist remarks nor aggression.

Please turn this thread to discussion

Thanks

Dimitris

:gr: ( ;) )

symphono gia tin protasi sou . Albanians are invited to this forum and are welcome but keep it cool.

This is a soccer game, it is not a war. Let's quit slamming each other.

... Surely Greece employs hundreds of thousands of Albanians but Greek economy is also reaping the benefits.

Regarding the Albanians living in Greece, they are seeking the same things Greeks in USA and Europe did a few decades ago...

My point is, we don't get anywhere by hating each other.

It's the 21st century, lets not show our balkan roots and act a bit more civilized.

It is a soccer game, may the best one win...

Brilliant! :tup:

Enjoy today's game, Zig! (up to a point ;) )

I see many posts edited and this is simply stupid.

Excuse me Mastora, but please x-press yourself clearly in your communication, because here in this game 2 sides are involved.

So to which side do your refer (if not for both) ?

I mean people using insults and pushing moderators to edit posts is stupid! I am not saying that the edits were wrong... (did I understand your question ? )

And of course it goes to both sides as far as insults are concerned.

I only dedicated more space in my post for our friend "red Army" to make sure he understands that provoking wild answers is twice as bad...

This is a a big , big game for both countries for differant reasons.

For the Albanians it has to do more with pride, beating the Greeks who apparently "exploit" the Albanian people and they want to get one over the big "brother" of the Balkans.

Greece doesn't look at this the same way. We are past that ever since we won the European Championships. This is a must win game for Greece in most difficult conditions we can witness. The Greek shirt now carries an extra wieght ever since being crowed (deserved) Champions of Europe. We are the favorites, not only because of the Title we carry but because our football is better. This has always been a difficult tie for Greece and always will be. We have a very bad tradition against Albania and it's time that changed (as have many in the last few months).

No doubt about it. Albania have some very good players with careers abroad and the likes of Tare, Skela, Buschi, Mourati, Hatxi (excuse spelling) can not be taken lightely. Albania has a whole bunch of "Little Maradonas" on the ball and has given a hard time to everyone they have played in the last 4-5 years. I reme narrow losses to Germany, England (with assistance from the officials) and we should not forget in the last qualifications they did not lose a single game at home. This Albania is no mug. If we underestimate them, I can guarantee we will play a price. What has tended to let the Albanians down over the years has been over-excitement and "charity" it has shown infront of goals. The atmosphere will be "hot", but not something that Greek players havent experienced in PAO-OLY-AEK-PAOK derbies which makes Iraq and the West Bank look like a lovely stroll in the park on a Sunday afternoon.

From reports we have Traianos "Colossus" Dellas will be missing and I am just praying that Nikos Dabizas will not be playing because he is a major liability. He's been a wash-up for 2-3 years now and I see him getting exposed at Leicester time again and again.

I'm hopefull we can win but a draw will not be the end of the World (Cup).

Albania is no push over.

:gr:

SORRY BOYS U WILL LOOSE BECOUSE WE ARE TOO STRONG

FORZA ALBANIA

ALBANIA - HELLAS 2-0

Min 25 SKELA

Min 79 DELLAS OG

OLEEEEEEEEEEE KAMPJON OLEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEE

Dellas is one of the best defenders in the world

and he isnt playing tonight.

I think you guys might be able to score on us though, scoring 1 goal would be a good acomplishment for you guys...

TKZ- you seem to be going for pints all the time...

Well, to all Vellezerit Shqiptare and Greek fans who are not aware of this information, if you can't watch the game on TV, you can log on Mediaalb (Kosovo Website) and watch the game live.

This is a live video feed in cooperation with the Albanian State TV (TVSH)

Greeks, Albanians, Turks...when will we ever learn to get along?????

Sad....it's a game, leave the inherited hatred and lets look ahead for crying outloud?

How long are we going to continue acting stupid and living in the past?

National pride is great as long as it doesn't offend your neighbour.

United Europe era, wake up people........

I love you all , Albanians, Greeks, Turks, Humans...

Zig

Just a guy from Tirana.

(...) I think you guys might be able to score on us though, scoring 1 goal would be a good acomplishment for you guys...

TKZ- you seem to be going for pints all the time...

Drakos mate,

I think the pints were well deserved, wouldn't you say B) ...

And about the "scoring one goal acomplishment" thing, I bet you feel a tad sick & embarrassed about it right now but not to worry, I admit I felt the same during Euro 2004 when I predicted Greece to lose before every match they played (except the one against Russia, which I thought they'd win convincingly :whistle: ...). Your team proved me wrong every single time in Portugal & deservedly won the whole thing, but as the now famous banner said in "Qemal Stafa", thankfully this was not Portugal!

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that this is my last post in this message board, I'm flying back to London, back to my studies & the real world, no more of this fairy-tale stuff ;) . It's been a pleasure & thanks for the hospitality.

On a final note, I sincerely hope that the people back in Greece can take the bad as well as the good and remain dignified in defeat as they were magnanimous in victory, since I just read in Reuters' site that there's at least one Albanian dead & scores gravely hurt in places all over Greece. I hope that these are isolated incidents, since violence only begets violence and an escalation of hostilities will benefit noone. Let's remember it's only football!

Regards,

TKZ

P.S.

Greece is on fire. they wil not lose. We lost in Albania 4 years ago because we sucked then. Now Rehaklis fired up Greece and trained our hero's. IF Albania wins I WILL PERSONALY MAKE A TOPIC IN 3 FORUMS THAT GIVES 3 CHEERS FOR ALBANIA. U HAVE MY WORD!

I trust you'll be keeping your word then oly? ;)

Cut the crap Hellas 2004.

What you are writing doesnt compliment you. Show some civility for F sake.

Therefore let us not reproduce the crap here, what this fellow wrote somewhere, we won't do any advertisement here for his post...........Ellada 2004...............

Maybe you can take this s%$#!, but its shits me off reading it on a Greek website from an alvano, unacceptable....... its sure pissed me off...

Topic closed.....The moderator of this Forum, nightsurfer

Archived