Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

23 hours ago, pash said:

The team should be announcing the termination of Pereyra's contract any day now

It is official now. After 58 games and 18 goals for PAOK the contract is terminated. 

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Ochoa mught be better but the salary was almost obscene.  I prefer Rey ... even though I haven't seen him, ha ha.  You know, at 1.8 million I think he'll be our most expensive signing ever.  I hope he's worth it.  Anyway, let's see if it actually happens first.

Didn't we pay 2.2mm for Prijovic? Either way, these aren't particularly large amounts. We ought to get used to them

I don't think Ochoa had any intentions of signing with PAOK. He (or his agent) was just using us to get a better deal somewhere else. I just hope this Rey guy turns out to be a good goalie.  Apparently Rey will sing for 4 years with a 400K salary. His old team will retain a certain percentage if we sell him.

In other news Antonis is going to VVV Venlo, our next pre-season friendly opponent. Not sure if it is a loan or if we released him. 

1 hour ago, GreekLunatic said:

Is standard a better team then paok something doesn't add up 

tbh if he had half a brain he'd realise that at the very least the league is stable, he won't get lynched and abused outside his house and his family can live in peace. If the difference was minimal I know where I would choose.

They're comparable to us market value-wise, but finished mid table last year. No European matches, but as our Austrian friend said above, he'll be playing in a stable and more respectable league. He was never serious about signing with us.

^ judging by what he's been telling newspapers, he seems excited to come out and join us. That's a good first impression.

Stanojevic doesn't seem to like Konstantinidis - the club wants to loan him out again, but he wants to terminate his contract. This will necessitate us looking for another right back, of course. Real shitty planning by the team, if this is true.

Limnios also looks destined for at least a loan.

Προπομπός επιστροφής Βιεϊρίνια στον ΠΑΟΚ;

Στο προσκήνιο επανέρχεται η περίπτωση του Αντελίνο Βιεϊρίνια για τον ΠΑΟΚ, καθώς ο Πορτογάλος μεσοεπιθετικός της Βόλφσμπουργκ έγραψε τα παιδιά του σε σχολείο της Θεσσαλονίκης!

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/propompos-epistrofis-bieirinia-ston-paok/3373583

if he comes then yes we surely go for the championship !

Prijo, Vieiri, Mak and Enrique, Campos, Klaus, Bise, Shakhov !

:happy-008211:

Two names that are in contention for CB:

Carlos Zambrano, currently playing for Rubin Kazan. Former international (not sure why this is the case): https://www.transfermarkt.com/carlos-zambrano/profil/spieler/53533

Giuseppe Belusci, just finished a loan spell at Empoli, belongs to Leeds United: https://www.transfermarkt.com/giuseppe-bellusci/profil/spieler/57354

I believe Belusci has already agreed terms

Currently seven, hopefully on appeal we eliminate much of it.

I think we can win the championship. To me, it all depends on Stanojevic. Ivic ended up six points behind last season with no experience, a three point deduction, and a two-month period where we lost some pathetically easy games. No reason we shouldn't be better this year, unless Stanojevic forces the team into playing a formation that the players can't handle.

I thought it was denied as well, but I could swear a few days later I saw a post online saying another appeal was taking place (which doesn't make sense, unless it's to CAS?). Either way, it's all on us.

Regarding Warda - he might be joining Charisis and Kitsiou at their new club, on loan. Though the other names from before are still being rumored.

8 hours ago, jvc said:

I think PAOK is ready for a championship....how do you guys feel of the team's chances?  The only negative that I can think of....playing so many home matches without fans.  How many games is it?

I think that this season is the first time during the "reign" of Savvidis that we are entitled to ... maybe (and I mean maybe) even think about the possibility of challenging for the title.  All the previous seasons any talk of winning the title was just that, talk.

There are too many variables at this stage.  Will the home games with no fans have an affect ?  You'd think there'd have to be something.  So I'll take -3 points off just there.  Will Olympiakos be as poor as they were in the second half of last season ?  I don't think it's a coincidence that once Milivojevic left their performances dropped.  Milivojevic was a gun.

Will the players adapt to Stanojevic's tactics ?  Or will he become a Tudor version 2 ?

Will our new goalkeeper be any good ?  Will Prijovic stay fit ?  If he plays a full season it'll make all the difference.  We don't really have a backup striker (no offence Klaus).  Depth wise we're looking ... all right.  Plenty of options up front as long as Prijovic stays fit.  The other 3 attacking roles will be split up between Mak, Djalma, Henrique, Jairo, Pelkas, Mystakidis, Klaus, Biseswar.

In the middle we have Canas, Shakhov, Cimirot and Kace.  Good enough I suppose.

In the back line, I still think we're lacking depth.  An injury to Matos or Crespo and all of a sudden the defence looks a lot weaker.  Not sold on Leveque, time will tell.  In the right back position we loaned out Kitsiou, no idea why.  Apparently Konstantinidis is going to be the backup to Matos but now the manager isn't so sure.  I think we need to sort out that right back position to keep Matos as fresh as possible this season.  The CB position is a bit flaky also.  There is talk of Malezas leaving, then he's staying, who the hell knows.  His performances last season were good overall but at times he got exposed.  I'd like another CB Crespo quality to feel good about the back line.

1 hour ago, jvc said:

^^Very good breakdown....in my opinion the back line of PAOK is good enough, especially now that you have the ability to control the tempo.   On the topic of match bans,  I believe Olympiakos has a few also.

We'll still lose to you guys in Athens.  You can bank on that one, ha ha.

Best thing about this pre season is that we're getting our signings in much earlier. If we get a decent CB and midfielder then I think our starting line-up is good enough to win it. Hopefully this coach can fix our biggest problem... our mentality... We need to develop a steely resolve to keep focused on every match regardless of the opponent, home or away. Too often we've  see a good result followed by a rubbish performance. 

Edited by kozi

Antonis transfer to Venlo has been completed, we retain 35% on future sales.

Warda is coming to the Netherlands to join in preseason, though I doubt he has a chance at this point. Surely he'll be loaned or sold.

Natcho's name floating around is a pretty exciting prospect.  That guy brings our midfield and attacks to a whole new level....and with Mak and Prijo up front, I think we'd see some great ball being played.

Who do you guys think of a lineup like this:

---------------------------------Rei---------------------------------

-------Matos-------------Crespo------------Varella-------

Campos---Cimirot--Natcho--Sakhov--Biseswar

-----------------------Mak-----------Prijovic----------------------

I know Biseswar's fitness (as of last year) doesn't make him a great candidate for a 3-5-2 formation in that position, but if Sakhov or Cimirot are set to pick up the slack on defense it may be a solid option.....also, if Natcho doesn't come, then putting Biseswar in the center slot and having Pelka or Henrique there could work...

Edited by BostonThanatos

The thing about Natcho is, he's no faster than Biseswar. If he were to come (and I haven't heard about this rumor at all), I'd rate his passing as being just as good as Biseswar's...so it would help take some of the sting out of our not having an attacking midfielder.

Personally, though, I don't like the idea of so many players being out of position. We had two or three years of that already; why go back? Personally, I hope Stanojevic gives the 4-3-3 a shot. Our current players' skillsets practically beg for that.

I've also heard that we're putting further GK purchases on hold. I think that's a good idea, as Melissas and Siampanis are more than adequate cover for the next six or so months.