Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

Fonseca is a really good player, especially in a one off game but if you're talking consistency he doesnt do it. He just doesnt get enough goals. A bit like Vryzas was or Okkas, etc. On their day they can be VERY dangerous, and they're always a handful but they might not get goals.

oh come on Okkas does not compare to this guy......he had 25 goals last year for cruz azul...Okkas is crap! Vryzas??? what three years ago? hes probably one of the worst strikers ive seen in the superliga right now.

Id be happy to get Fonseca because we have scoring problems, but the whole team is a problem.

for strikers

Salpiggidis is exactly what Gkekas was accused of doing last year, just scoring crap goals (nevermind league records or anything :whistle: ) and thats fine, but if hes doing no better than paying so much for him was a big mistake.

Also he cant play as a point forward...its not for him. He belongs on the upper right side but is playing in the center of the attack where Gkekas simply plays the central role better...

for midfielders Romero is a dissapointing transfer.....i easily preffered Bidis who actually made things happen and didnt screw up the easy (as much).....so fixing him and Biscan are necesary to build a new team again...Tziolis (got much better this season) and Victor should be playing in the 11 every game

and the defense isnt great, i noticed Biscan as a CB again :unsure: and the rest are inconsistent.....

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for strikers

Salpiggidis is exactly what Gkekas was accused of doing last year, just scoring crap goals (nevermind league records or anything :whistle: ) and thats fine, but if hes doing no better than paying so much for him was a big mistake.

Also he cant play as a point forward...its not for him. He belongs on the upper right side but is playing in the center of the attack where Gkekas simply plays the central role better...

Yeah, letting Gekas go was not a bright move.

But the guy did not get any love from the fans so he is better off in Germany. He would have made a great pair with Salpigidis but now, four months later we are looking for a player just like him.

A real head-scratcher.

Now, put yourself in his place, or any other players who have done good for the team but treated without respect.... (no need to mention names)

How should other players react when they see this?

Agreed Athinaie,

players need need to feel respected by both management and fans.

Yeah, you sound like... OK, the beatings and the rapes finally made her leave the relationship, and she's better off now! So, give credit to the abuser... :nono:

Look, a successfull company (and its owner) does this: gets the right people on the bus, removes the wrong people, and re-arranges the sitting for the right person in the right seat. Of course, players will come and go, that's not the issue. How they come, and more importantly how they go sets the tone!

Just to mention Gekas case (one of MANY), he learned from the newspapers that he was going to be traded to PAOK! This makes any other player to think that management shows no respect, at least.... No matter what you think of Gekas, Basinas, Nikopolidis, Karagounis, Fyssas, Munch, etc, etc, etc, etc,..... All had contributed to PAO. No? For that, you must treat them with respect. In my opinion, this is an amature behavior by management, and not a smart policy. :1eye:

It's not ..sexy subject to pay attention to, but the internal culture is extremely important in the success/failure of a company/team/organization!

Yeah, you sound like... OK, the beatings and the rapes finally made her leave the relationship, and she's better off now! So, give credit to the abuser... :nono:

Look, a successfull company (and its owner) does this: gets the right people on the bus, removes the wrong people, and re-arranges the sitting for the right person in the right seat. Of course, players will come and go, that's not the issue. How they come, and more importantly how they go sets the tone!

Just to mention Gekas case (one of MANY), he learned from the newspapers that he was going to be traded to PAOK! This makes any other player to think that management shows no respect, at least.... No matter what you think of Gekas, Basinas, Nikopolidis, Karagounis, Fyssas, Munch, etc, etc, etc, etc,..... All had contributed to PAO. No? For that, you must treat them with respect. In my opinion, this is an amature behavior by management, and not a smart policy. :1eye:

It's not ..sexy subject to pay attention to, but the internal culture is extremely important in the success/failure of a company/team/organization!

:tup:

Anyone else here that we are close to signing Ballesta Salva? I still don't get why we are going after this guy, first off we don't need another FORWARD second he is nothing special I would rather give Mantzios and Tsigas more time and develop them instead off this guy. Our first priority needs to be Def thats all we need is 2 defenders no more Forwards or Mid. When will this management learn <_<

Hmmm, I saw Tsigas today against Kalamaria and he did not look good at all. I think we do need one more forward because we have a very heavy schedule ahead.

Also, did anyone see the rumors today about PAO being interested in some Benfica goalkeeper? Is this report BS? I did not think we are in urgent need of a GK, but what do I know?

Wow it seems we are looking at every position besides def lol I hope this is a tactic so we don't allow anyone to know which def we are really going after and have them snatched up by another team? or am I looking way to deep into the stupidity of this management

BTW he used to play for Portugal Under 21's not sure if he's made it to the senior team.

i have also heard when he was at Benfica he was a gun (like Ninis) but the media over hyped him and he didnt turn out too good :(

im mixed, i hope he's better than all the other RB's!

Archived