Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, I don't get excited by this or any other transfer. Actually, that's wrong.... I'm more excited to see some of our players LEAVE! Yeah, trasnfer those suckers out! I don't care about names, really. All I want to see is my team performing better.

All this frequent roster changing (including coaches) simply confirms that PAO has been crappy for most of the last 10 years! and, that's a very looooooooong time for a great club to be down!

So, bring me some decency of playing the game, re-establish a good internal culture within the club, and sign up players (mostly Greeks) who know & understand what wearing the green jersey means!

BTW, history before a person's ACTUAL experience means very little, especially to young players, even more so to foreigners. The more years PAO is not doing well, the fewer fans & players will apreciate what the club represents. Don't underestimate the importance of having experienced great moments of a club in YOUR OWN way (not reading or being told about some events before you were born)! ;)

Adriano is a great striker. He was injured and lost his place to Postiga and Bruno Moraes but last season he was fundamental in the final part of the championship conquer. He is very clever in the box.

If he signs with Pao it´s a great signing.

if only our management was able to pull the trigger before it turns into a soap opera <_<

kita all these malake.s in the media talking about how great this new striker is.Karagouni comes out to say how brilliant he is,,,so does alves.

bakke was brilliant said henricksen

andric was a great up and comer said asanovic

they said great things also bout anderson and nilson as well.

To hell with these a.sslickers who say good things on paos behalf,,,as well as their own countrymen to make us believe that pao is doing a good deed pou fernoune olloi ti sapilla pou iparxi sto kosmo...And here we are all the suckers kai leme pios ine kallos pios den ine kai kai kai kai....kai sto telos ti exoume kataferi??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i hope im wrong kai vgi paiktaras,,,,,,,alla pos na imaste asiodoksi mexri tora pia,,,,10 xronia ,,,,po.utana ta exoune kani,

very well said.

totally agree

:nw:

there is talk of pao signing abel xavier from middlesboro..i would not mind this transfer..he had the drug ban but since coming back has been pretty impressive for boro..i keep an eye of boro bc i like what southgate is doing with the squad and he has looked good for a player of 34..newacastle and i think villa are also interested so who knows..

Adriano isnt coming! :o

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/138369.html

dont know if this is good or bad...

Adriano doesnt want to play in Greece... it doesnt seem likely he will come & therefore the Tzigger soap opera continues..... <_<
I am not terribly upset about Adriano refusing to come to Greece (and maybe things will change in the next weeks), but it is upsetting that many players don't see Greece as a nice place to build a career.

"

I am not sure the way things stand today in Greek football there can be good change. I also think the people involved are no more than amatures when it comes to building a strong league but professional in exploiting the situation and their positions for personal power/gain.

On the other hand, the state doesn't want to interfere because any meaningful reform will step on toes and throw out the bums.... This is too costly politically.

Of course Greek football doesn't get any respect. Oh, between you and me, no one outside the country respects Greece for winning the Euro 2004! Yeah, many countries envy Greece for this, but they say it was a random accident.... plus, lucky in scoring... whatever.

REALITY CHECK: Players & managers look to see what our clubs have done in euro play in, say, the last 5 years.... And, are the prospects good for Greek teams to to well in the next 5?.....

So, for them, the Greek teams are not good in Euro play, the Greek league is sub-par, teams have money problems, etc, etc... I'm afraid that we're in a vicious cycle: The worse the situation is the harder to reform it. There's no competition. Gosh, we don't even have half a dozen of financially sound teams! Sure, why should a good player with prospects come to Greece? It's too risky.

Finally, it's very risky for Greek players too! Coaches come and go like tourists along with all sorts of tourist players.... Btw, teams like PAO, OLY that have more foreigners than Greeks on their roster deny opportunitites to younger Greek players to rise..... Less domestic talent, more reliance on crappy foreigners!

abel xavier the portugease defender has been strongly linked with pao(uefa.com) he's just completed a ban for drugs he's over 30 although he's a fairly solid defender he's fairly average too much like biscan. surely pao are better off giving a chance to a young player coming through thier academy rather than go for xavier

im a bit worried that management is only concerned with signing a striker immediately

attack isnt our problem...well not a big enough problem to be addressed this transfer period...defence is the worry

all the news ive read past few days concerns with who we are gonna sign as a striker ettc but no news about which s%$#! kickers are leaving and if any defenders are coming (except abel xavier from boro)

im a bit worried that management is only concerned with signing a striker immediately

attack isnt our problem...well not a big enough problem to be addressed this transfer period...defence is the worry

all the news ive read past few days concerns with who we are gonna sign as a striker ettc but no news about which s%$#! kickers are leaving and if any defenders are coming (except abel xavier from boro)

we need both... epithetikous exoume mono 4 me ton tsigka tora pou irthe.. alla den nomizo na parei eukairies o tsigkas... o pap einai traumatias opos kai o mantzios... kai mi ksexname oti o mantzios einai nteforme...

i dont no why we are going for xavier.........coz his not worth it. and adriano didnt come to PAO coz one of the Aek players told him bout the fans how they get violent when some players have off games. we need young greeks in our team.

we are NOT going for xavier.... we not gonna get any CB in winter transfer.... just a striker...

so far we've gotten nothing other than Tsingas...

We're about to field a team with no defence vs aigaleo...& a team worse than the team that gave us the last three bad results... Its a good thing the weather is nice here in New York or it would be a long cold winter :ph34r:

we are NOT going for xavier.... we not gonna get any CB in winter transfer.... just a striker...

I hope your wrong cant the mangement see our defense is crap!!!!

We need at least 2 defenders if we dont sign 2 then this season will be a waste and we will be in the same sh1t as last year!

Anyways latest news from Mexico is that we are looking to sign Mexican national striker Kikin Francisco Fonseca that is playing for Benfica

He looks excellent and if we sign him i would be happy although we still need defenders!!!

Heres info on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Fonseca

and heres the source we are chasing him:

http://www.netsport.ro/stiri/16/15632/Kiki...athinaikos.html

Fonseca is a really good player, especially in a one off game but if you're talking consistency he doesnt do it. He just doesnt get enough goals. A bit like Vryzas was or Okkas, etc. On their day they can be VERY dangerous, and they're always a handful but they might not get goals.

Archived