Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Greek press it sounds like managers are shopping the player and Pao plays possum.

I've never seen him, or heard of him until today (http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp?article_id=34783). Greek papers call him Roi Bueno Neto, so I assume it is the one called Ruy in Botafogo's roster.

He is a RFB that seems to be a starter in most of Botafogo's games. I've read reports about him also playing in midfield when they revert to a 3-5-2 formation (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=616455)

Probably one of the many names we will hear about in the next month.

Reports also say that Munoz asked for a center back and a forward, and even a DM if Biscan departs, but he has not asked for a RFB.

It seems that the winter transfer window will be preceeded by the return of a great PAO player. a player who shows HEART and B&||$ every time he is on the pitch.

Supersport Fm reported that it is very likely that a certain Ezekiel Gonzalez will make a return and perhaps even play on the 20th of december against Apollon Kalamarias in the round of 16 of the Greek cup.

In all honesty, with Eki back in probably in mid january... we are looking at a solid midfield and a line up that looks a little like this....

-------------Ebede-------

Vyntra Morris Goumas Seric <----- with a possible transfer in somewhere

--------Bovio Tziolis------

Viktor -- Eki -- Ivan/Romero

---------Salpi------Pap------

i think that the team is much more fluent with Ivan in place of Romero but the language barrier and the fact that Bovio Eki and Viktor are latin will help keep Romero in the lineup and have Ivan as a sub.. which is a GREAT sub.

if we get a striker, a prototypical striker.. a tall, strong presence inside the box, then salpi can drop back to right wing and Viktor can move to the left side and leave us with two AMAZING subs at midfield.

It all depends who we play and what we are needing...

Either way.. many good players is better then a few good player.. AHEM COUGH OSFP

later skaters..

by the way.. all this talk about AEK having a YOUNG team is bullshit...

the average age for the startin 11 for AEK is 27 and the average age for the starting 11 for pao is 26..

AEK has young players liek Kone and hetemaj and lagos.. but they r not... but we also played are youngsters as often as those players played.. i.e Tziolis Mantzios Darlas and Vyntra... not too mention leontiou for 3 games.

lymb 32 emerson 35 dellas 31 cesar 28 zikos 32 georgeas 29...lakis 30

what youth movement? seems to me there most important players are 30 and up

With Gonzales back Munoz will have a good head ache. Although if Gonzales plays like he did last year, he won't be replacing any of the current midfielders any time soon. He will be a good substitute though.

As much as I would love to see a *good* Gonzales back, my feeling is that it will take a long time to find his spot in the starting lineup. Returning early from major knee injury is risky, so I hope he does not rush himself risking further injury.

All my wishes go for his return, because I have the feeling Munoz will use him in a way that he can shine (unlike the past few coaches.)

As for another forward, I agree with you nikosvazelas, we do need another striker, although from what I have seen so far, Pap and Salpi have developed good chemistry and I am not sure either can be replaced. As long as we score, I don't care to see a new face up front.

Seric transferring would be a mistake right now. I have been a critic of Seric, but in the last few games he has transformed to a more serious and reliable defender. He does not venture forward as much but this is more by design.

Team chemistry is much more difficult to acquire than good players, so I would think that besides getting a forward and a CB, not much else will move this December.

With Gonzales back Munoz will have a good head ache. Although if Gonzales plays like he did last year, he won't be replacing any of the current midfielders any time soon. He will be a good substitute though.

As much as I would love to see a *good* Gonzales back, my feeling is that it will take a long time to find his spot in the starting lineup. Returning early from major knee injury is risky, so I hope he does not rush himself risking further injury.

All my wishes go for his return, because I have the feeling Munoz will use him in a way that he can shine (unlike the past few coaches.)

As for another forward, I agree with you nikosvazelas, we do need another striker, although from what I have seen so far, Pap and Salpi have developed good chemistry and I am not sure either can be replaced. As long as we score, I don't care to see a new face up front.

Seric transferring would be a mistake right now. I have been a critic of Seric, but in the last few games he has transformed to a more serious and reliable defender. He does not venture forward as much but this is more by design.

Team chemistry is much more difficult to acquire than good players, so I would think that besides getting a forward and a CB, not much else will move this December.

Great post Cyberfish

I don't have any players in mind that would be good transfers for us. All I want is to see what Munioz will decide. I am really curius to see what will he want to birng to the team.

My biggest concern at the time is not the transfers as we seem to have a good rottation, it is to see Victor an Gonzalez in the same line up kicking ass!!!!

My dislikes could be Nilsson , Kotsios , Vyndra but I strongly belive that it is not the right time to release any of our players. I vote for them to stay even Biscan that everybody hates should stay. The season has a long way to go and now that we seem to have a god rottation only addition of players (1 or 2) should be thought as a good move.

In all honesty, with Eki back in probably in mid january... we are looking at a solid midfield and a line up that looks a little like this....

-------------Ebede-------

Vyntra Morris Goumas Seric <----- with a possible transfer in somewhere

--------Bovio Tziolis------

Viktor -- Eki -- Ivan/Romero

---------Salpi------Pap------

i think that the team is much more fluent with Ivan in place of Romero but the language barrier and the fact that Bovio Eki and Viktor are latin will help keep Romero in the lineup and have Ivan as a sub.. which is a GREAT sub.

I like your 1-4-2-3-2 very much

but I'm not sure if PAO will be alowed to have 12 players in the game?

:D

vincent.. the ROMERO/Ivan MEANS one of the two...not BOTH...

thats why there is a / instead of a -

Sorry if i wasnt clear. i even mentioned that either romero or ivan would be a sub. then i said if they sign a forward, they would have TWO great subs as prob salpi would drop to a extreme.

thx for trying

vincent.. the ROMERO/Ivan MEANS one of the two...not BOTH...

thats why there is a / instead of a -

Sorry if i wasnt clear. i even mentioned that either romero or ivan would be a sub. then i said if they sign a forward, they would have TWO great subs as prob salpi would drop to a extreme.

thx for trying

actually its still 12 even when u take into consideration ivan/romero as one LOL

-------------Ebede (1)-------

Vyntra 2 Morris 3 Goumas 4 Seric 5 <----- with a possible transfer in somewhere

--------Bovio 6 Tziolis 7------

Viktor 8 -- Eki 9 -- 10 Ivan/Romero

---------Salpi 11 ------Pap 12------

thanks for trying

Archived