Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kafes would of been a good fit, when the geys signed him.... now there is no need for him... i've always like him as a player & he was great at paok..

As for Fitanides from kalamaria, another live body on defence cant be a bad thing!!!

^^^^^^^

Totaly agree with bar7. Kafes was good then, but he is burned now. Totaly not needed he will take palying time away from either Tziolis or Leontiou and I'd rather give them a chance to play. Besides, he had his chance to sign with Pao before, but he chose otherwise.Fytanidis is young and has potential, so I don't know what's holding us from making an offer.

rumour has it we are looking at walter baseggio..

crap overrated prima donna!! I hope PAO doesn't get him while there's Leontiou, a younger player who is even better than this Belgique looser now, not the mention the future.. ;)

what's going on around sokratis fytanidis? he'll be a rock at PAO defence next year.. these are the sort of guys PAO should be looking at..

and Kafes?? I would field a tree trunk instead!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The manager of Walter Baseggio confirmed there is interest of Panathinaikos...

seariously were F***ed!, i dnt want washed up foreigh crap players who will take up a spot in our team!! apprently he plays were Leotiou plays so go figure :tdown:

Fitanides and Spyro (only decent players were linked with) i would welcome with open arms if they were the only transfers to come in....

Spyro is a DL and Fitanides can play DC, DL, DR, DMC??

correct me if im wrong someone...

Hollywood, relax man.

I have a question: who handles our transfers? Does Anybody know for sure?

If it's up to Munoz exclussively (without him having to satisfy others) then I don't wory, because this man knows football and knows our team. He can see who does what, and so far he hasn't said or done something we don't see for it for ourselves. I believe he's a realist. Give him time. If he's willing to play 17 year olds and bench the very expensive primadonas, I have confidence that he'll get players that he thinks PAO needs.

Now, if he's not in charge of transfers... then, relax and don't get too upset. Unfortunately others play with our emotions and patience.

one think I'm seeing is that january is almost over and we haven't gone after bigger names (usually foreigners) just to impress (the fans?). I like that.

Getting Greek players and talents AND keeping Munoz after this season--no matter what happnes--we WILL build a team that will dominate the league for many years to come. And, we may see some nice success in euro play too.

I want to say another thing: I sense that the players like Ninis and several of the other Greek players are happy to be with PAO, understand/know the history of the club and want to make a career there! Most foreigners that we get on loan, or whatever (like Andric and Bitschan, Bovio, etc, etc) they behave like they're temporaries...

It's not only with us. Check with other teams in europe... players on loan don't perform well. Most players want a multi-year contract and a sense of belonging to perform to their best of their abilities.

Anyway, let's see what happens...

What about him? is he coming to Pao?

No he means that he's on loan and is performing. I must say I agree with Adonis. If you get the right player on loan he will perform, he has to be professional. Morientes and Saviola performed at Monaco, Larsson at Man Utd, Baptista at Arsenal, Reyes at Real Madrid, the list is endless. I do appreciate Athinaios' views though, the vast majority have a poor attitude unless there's a prospect of a permanent move or they are playing for a move from their clubs. Personally I like loan moves. 1 or 2 enable you to get players that wouldnt normally come.

every rule has an exception... for the most part, players who are on loan don't perform, because they don't know if they're coming or going.

you guys mention several players and you're correct. but, it's one thing to go to a big club that everyone can see you, and another to come to ..Greece (I'm sorry to say this) or anywhere that there's little respect for that league's quality.

sports are full of emotions on all sides, and often the difference between playing great and not playing great is thin.... so, the psychological state is very important. I'm sure you've played football, so think that against a good opponent the difference is whether you have more passion and willing to risk a little more. right? you put your feet into the fire, you try a little harder... well, this makes a huge difference, i think.

Archived