Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/141087.html

WHY???

the guys been in some horrible injury, falling out of favour and OH YEAH we dont need a striker!

While a striker isnt a priority i can see why Munoz wants a goalscorer but Tristan will have the same effect as Dani had at Olympiakos. <_<
Tristan would be good but I don't think it will happen.

A player like him is worth taking a chance to see if he has any football left in him.

How many players have a highlight reel like this:

i have always been an adrmier of tristan..he has always been a very good reliable striker who knows how to get goals...the way i see it, we should give the man a chance as i am sick of seeing 1-0 wins or us struglling to score...i heard that if he does sign, it will be until the summer with an option of an extension after so we dont really have too much to lose..about defensive signings...we have picked up zaradoukas and stathis is supposedly on his way.not to mention the youngster we took with ninis..i know they arent any names..but they are young greeks who munoz seems to have confidence in...munoz has given me little reason to doubt him so far so lets see what is to come in the second half of the season..

i too was hoping for a nice defesive signing but i am more then satisfied with munoz's faith in the youth players...which is another reason why i approve of possibly signing tristan..he is 31 and will add good expereince to our...young team.

The good thing about Tristan is that he is good in the air and very physical. Thats what we need we have no forwards that are good in the air. Even if we use Tristan as a super sub im happy - put him on at the 75' to score that header we need to seal the match!

This morning I've heard AEK was interested in Tristan :LOL:

i AEK olous tous thelei... alla... mexri tora astin ekei na pinei ton Kafe mono.. :LOL:

Well, the transfer window has closed and it was a quiet but very constructive one for us.

No big names came our way but this is probably best for the cohesion of the team right now:

No one left, and we signed three young players to the squad:

Ninis is already making a difference. He has solidified the right side and has contributed one goal and one assist so far. While most talk about his age, his game shows a mature player that can make the difference (go back and watch his crosses against PAOK. He aims! He can aim because he can create the space, and he aims because he can.)

Tsigas returned from PAOK and has four games under his belt already. He scored two goals against Ionikos and showed he can help. Unfortunately he's been out with a knee injury.

Bourouzikas signed a professional contract to provide depth at the decimated LB position.

Zaradoukas signed a professional contract, but I don't know anything about him.

Haralabidis returned from PAOK. We know he has skills, and even though he wont be a starter he does push Andric or Theodoridis out of the bench.

Overall, given the improvement of the team and some of the old players (Vintra, Mantzios) I am happy with these moves.

I would had preferred to see some depth added in the CB position. Goumas has been good and Morris has been great, but beyond that Kotsios will miss the season with injuries, Biscan is the joy of opposing strikers, and Antonsson can't even manage to displace Biscan in the depth chart (I don't buy conspiracy theories. Munoz would pay him if he was worth it).

I didn't want to see transfers just for publicity. I think we got some nice players, and I see that Munoz is pushing out the garbage. Did you see that PAO changed the roster for UEFA? Bidis, Ninis, and a couple others were added. Andric, Kotsios were taken out.

Anyway, if Munoz stays AND he's given the authority to shape the roster then I do have hope. Were was he a year ago?... Because I think today, we'd be in a much better position.

Anyway, this is the great thing: Munoz will have time to evaluate all the players and by June we'll see the changes. However, by then we will have a stable group of 7-8 players around which the team will be built.

id rather have him then another so called "next big thing" from romania or croatia who turns out to be like bykovski or sinmartean...

wait what was wrong with Bikovski???

Heres what I liked about Bikovski

he was here one season and had like 6 goals in like 4-5 games....give him a break man he was exactly what we wanted in a 5th striker....he didnt have a big role, but he knew it, and exceeded expectations for a 5th striker. A simple player, Patient, hardworking and capable are exactly what you want in a backup, so dont bash him or anyone who worked hard to be a part of PAO, by putting him in the same sentence as that worthless gypsy Sanmartean.

The guy might have been a nobody from OFI and i wasnt happy to see him transfered at all but when I actually got to see him play hes a great example of the types of players we need as backups. As a starter I cant see him holding consistent but the guy was not at all worthless, we bought him to be a 5th and he did what he was supposed to do pretty well.

Hes no super player, but players who work hard and put results out when they do play deserve props, and props to Bikovski for that.

One of his highlights was a great goal vs Panionios may I add... a nice

quick simple move and a first time finish....I am somewhere behind the goal too :tup:

as for the Tristan part...hes a striker- hes not useful to the team right now, or not at the pricetag he would have at least- it wouldnt be cost effective.

1 - we just bought a very expensive striker

2- we have a young striker whose got a great future starting spot in the club in Mantzios

3- we have another capable player in Tsigkas and Papadopoulos....them getting goals or moving in the area hasnt been the problem with the teams form- the def/mid has been. bringin in Tristan is going to be expensive. Ok maybe he could improve striking, but if we took the same money and applied it elsewhere it could strengthen the overall team better.....

Anyway, this is the great thing: Munoz will have time to evaluate all the players and by June we'll see the changes. However, by then we will have a stable group of 7-8 players around which the team will be built.

i agree here...of the little time Munoz has had we have to admit he can see potential and isnt blind to it like so many coaches have been......Tziolis' amazing form, faith in Ninis, and now finally bringing back Mantzios into the 11 are coming from his ability i feel, and all of those have been effective decisions...Id like it if he was in charge of transfers because the other staff is hopeless, and will simply look for washed up spanish players so it can 'match' the coach, which is plain retarted. but the core of players is arising and becoming more evident the last couple games.....

i agree here...of the little time Munoz has had we have to admit he can see potential and isnt blind to it like so many coaches have been......Tziolis' amazing form, faith in Ninis, and now finally bringing back Mantzios into the 11 are coming from his ability i feel, and all of those have been effective decisions...Id like it if he was in charge of transfers because the other staff is hopeless, and will simply look for washed up spanish players so it can 'match' the coach, which is plain retarted. but the core of players is arising and becoming more evident the last couple games.....
not to mention his confidence in the GREEK players!

The story of this season must be the success of our academies. Nice way to turn lemons into lemonade (a bad season, into a positive outcome).

This is the subtle way the "Ninis" success can pay off for our team. Many young talents around Greece are seeing PAO and its academies as a pivot point for their careers. You can't go wrong by attracting the best talent in the country. I hope management keeps up the good work in this field, and both PAO and Greek football will benefit.

I know many here, including myself, are very fond of Fylakouris. If you watched some of his interviews after the first good games by Ninis, he looked elated for the players. He looked like he genuinely cares for the youth that come under his wing, and his excitement was contagious. He is the right person at the right job.

Things definitely are improving but we have to keep Munoz past June to build on this team; otherwise it would almost be like starting from scratch again. Its really good to see that he isn't afraid to try young players. I would like to see more of Theodoridis though. Why Haralambidis is back I have no clue; theres nothing special about him, he just doesn't have that good technique. Also I wish they would have concentrated more on getting some really fine defenders this past January. Anyway its going to be interesting.

I think we all agree that Munioz is doing well, according to what he has to work with.

Even if PAO wins nothing this season and gets 3rd in the league, I still want to see Munioz here for the long run.

I HOPE that the management will be supportive of Munioz's transfer choices come summer time.

In my humble opinion, I would like three criteria to determine who stays at PAO.

SKILL is the obvious one, and I would not want any good player to leave, regardless.

However, there are many that do not deserve to be on the first PAO team.

I would keep players that are:

Young, Greek and cheap.

That's why I still want to see Vyntra stay, but as a sub.

Biscan, Seric, Antonson, Andric, Nilsson, Sanmartean (he is still a PAO player) MUST GO. :tdown:

They are nothing special, and have no future at PAO.

I would give Victor, Romero, Bovio (in that order), another chance, because they have only been around for a year, and have, at times, performed OK.

I believe Ivanschitz can develop, and would keep him for the right price.

Getting rid of the Croats and Scandinavians will leave some room for good signings, especially on defence.

Only Morris with his recent form has locked a spot in the back.

Next priority should be a heavy forward that can score.

A great central mid, should be imperative as well.

PAO has good depth, and several decent players that could perform domestically.

The priority however should never be winning the league, but doing awesome things abroad. For that, PAO needs 4 very good signings this summer.

Munioz will hopefully be heard by Tziggeraki, or we will all be having another miserable footbal season. <_<

PEACE

Archived