Phantis Forums

Gries - Panathinaikos

dimitriis

as such great businessman they're failing running this team...reinvesting their money...last year they reinvested it in Flavio, Biscan, Edebe, Torghele, Tziolis,who started the first half on the bench,Theodridis, who is still waiting to play & Mantzios...

The chunck of the REINVESTMENT was money well spent????

i guess PAO is a tax write off to Tzigger...very sad... & we have people defending this???!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as such great businessman they're failing running this team...reinvesting their money...last year they reinvested it in Flavio, Biscan, Edebe, Torghele, Tziolis,who started the first half on the bench,Theodridis, who is still waiting to play & Mantzios...

The chunck of the REINVESTMENT was money well spent????

i guess PAO is a tax write off to Tzigger...very sad... & we have people defending this???!!!

read what i wrote, and post again. youre putting words in mouths here.

guys i will just give you 2 names.giannakopouloi in pao basketball and abramovic in chelsea.what is the point?spending as much possible to make your club the best not thinking about how much this and that and i will spend 20 because i will make 20.simply as that.tzigger is not doing that or it hasn t work for him so far.

guys i will just give you 2 names.giannakopouloi in pao basketball and abramovic in chelsea.what is the point?spending as much possible to make your club the best not thinking about how much this and that and i will spend 20 because i will make 20.simply as that.tzigger is not doing that or it hasn t work for him so far.

Roman Abranovich is a HORRIBLE example about spending. Money isnt everything in this game, results prove it. Iraklis can compete with big clubs domestically their budget isnt as big- hell even kalamarias can.....or look at Petrzalka this year all the way in the CL from the 1st qualfying round!! they beat celtic 5-0! the list can go on and on that good play on the pitch is superior to the sum monetary value of players...

if you want to think economically (which is the only reasonable way) he has done a horrible job. Spending 53 MILLION for bench players? spendin 30 million of Shawn Phillips, 20 for Paolo Ferreira (who honeslty id prefer Vyntra or Pantos-because he is HORRENDOUS) etc etc...Thats not intelligent spending by anymeans.

For spending almost 100 million a year or more all he gets is the lousy premiership. and even that took a year. Chelsea as a team is reallly not that special. They have great individual efforts and combinations that get them goals domestically but teamwork is crap. Thats why the team is going nowhere in europe, and they were lucky as hell to have a close tie with Barca. Abranovich buys and buys and theyll learn that can only help build a team but not create one.

As for Giannakopoulos- yeah they spend big and PAO is a great team.....does spending mean success? Nope. If it did why havent we won a european cup in the last 4 years...The team is still one of the top, but its also due to the foundation of the team by obradovic.....we have a strong domestic core with a few great/clever signings. The team is not a bunch of superstar signings thrown on the court together.

Basket ball is also a completly different sport. Football is the most uncertain team sport in terms of resutls....nothing is close to guranteed where as in basketball not as much.

Another example would be PAO volley management.......theyre great they went out and bought world class coach superstar players....and were not really guranateed 1st in greece and couldnt win the top teams cup this year....

Chelsea i dont believe is making money at the moment.Roman is funding the entire budget out of pocket...

But Crazy is right...We're not spending money to put back into the team....You want to be Iraklis???? I'd rather be Chelsea!! I'm not saying break the bank, but open the vault & some give hope. Not false hope!

Giannakopoulos is doing a MUCH greater job than Tzigger,they're WINNERS with WINNER mentalities. Tzigger is running the team like a GYFTO therefore we're in 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea i dont believe is making money at the moment.Roman is funding the entire budget out of pocket...

But Crazy is right...We're not spending money to put back into the team....You want to be Iraklis???? I'd rather be Chelsea!! I'm not saying break the bank, but open the vault & some give hope. Not false hope!

Giannakopoulos is doing a MUCH greater job than Tzigger,they're WINNERS with WINNER mentalities. Tzigger is running the team like a GYFTO therefore we're in 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said...

i didnt say i wanted to be iraklis, again, respond to my posts, dont take the key nouns out and insert verbs arange them to make it look like im saying completly different things. come on. Also you are right Abranovich basically subsidizes that team, eventually hell cut their budget down if hes half intelligent because its not wise spending at all.

i agree giannakopoulos is better. Hes a fanatic fan, but hes in an easier sport too. In basket Greece is arguably in the top 2-3 leagues in europe. Football is a much different situation there. In basket a big signing can go a long way because basket its a lot easier to make results because an individual can have so much more effect on the team of 5. In football its way different...Players can turn out duds at certain clubs and conditions in football. Im not going to bother with examples.

Also the winner mentality has something to do withyears of good history and mainly Obradovic probably one of the best coaches in the world, and the best in europe. Obradovic built this dynasty...Giannakopoulos paid for it....and even the Giannakopoulos brothers could have some complaints against them....why was Bodiroga let go? Why didnt we get him back? what mega signings have happened at PAO BC latley (other than the Spanoulis who wasnt mega but was the smartest signing imo) Why the hell we were playing in the shitty sporting lately? etc, point is nobody is perfect.

As for "since vardinogiannis is a gyfto we are in 3rd" ------ so wait all the playing staff, players, coaches, trainers have nothing to do with that? Come on. At the beginging of this season over the summer our lineup was pretty fierce, definitly a league contender Ends up they just didnt perform and the teams performances collapsed, and we play the blame game as usual....I mean if Gkoumas hadnt struck the post in Touba last year we would have had the title....the differnce between champs and not champs feels so big but its disguinshed by tiny details often, thats the sport... You are frustrated we all are....But what about the times when we spent 8 million euros on Konstantinou? Bringing in players like Goran Vlaovic off the CL finalists? Beating Barca, Arse-nal, Porto, Fener.....it was the same management.

The basis behind my arguement is you cant buy results (only the refs like OSFP :P ) or good teams, you can only make purchases to contribute to it. All the purchases that have been made are failures, i accept that too.

But the arguement is weather money is being invested, which it is. Its a fact. The fault that the investments in player suck belongs to the people who pick out and recommend these players. That wouldnt be the excecutives. Ok?

it comes down to results & Tzigger is not getting any...the micromanaging that he's doing with the $$$$ is not working...He should use the Gianna family as an example to success... The basketball team may not be at an all time high but they dont dissapoint the way the football team does...He's mismanaging this team...

All I can say regarding this is well done Heraklis. They have beaten Olympiakos, AEK, Panathinaikos and PAOK this season. I hope they can build on their success and improve on their away form.

For the sake of Greek football we need teams like Heraklis. I thought Xanthi may prove to be a challenge but faded badly except when they beat Olympiakos.

This brings back epic memories of the Heraklis team of the mid-80's when they were a force to be reckoned.

Given all Greek teams poor showing this year in Europe, Heraklis have been the form Greek side. Perhaps the 1998 champions Larissa may be able to challenge next year.

• 3 months later...

its official. one team will be in the CL for greece next year, because AEK has no chance of making it through the qualification stages of the CL

crap performance, defense was lame, the summer better bring some intelligent signings in DEFENSE. i dont want to read no bullshit about niko kranjcar we dont need strikers or midfielders. morris, nilsson, kotsios, gkoumas, vyntra, have no place in the team PAO wants to build. They just arent consistent enough.

Oxi file... den 3exno....

Archived