Phantis Forums

Dellas to Lazio?

HOLLYWOOD

Traianos Dellas, one of the defensive pillars for Greece in the Euro 2004 soccer triumph, may be on his way back to Rome after Italian team Lazio has reportedly set its sights on AEK’s central defender. Italian newspapers suggested Lazio has been eager to sign the former Roma player since last summer

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...7/04/2006_68391

Interesting rumor... I believe his contract was for one year ending this summer so I dont believe AEK gets any compensation if they indeed do end up signing him....

Assuming he is healthy, it will be a good move for him. As for AEK, it will not weaken the defense that much as he has not played that often due to injury, fitness or Santos' plans.

It will only hurt our defenses true potential... (that is IF he is planned to be used)...

i reluctantly agree

It's too bad Otto doesn't give Tav more chances to show that he can be the CB for Greece in the future. I mean really, who else we got? With Kapsis, Goumas, Antzas and now Dellas seemingly on their last legs; who do we turn to for the NT? I think Kyriakos is an obvious choice (though he should move on from Rangers) and the only other guy that I can think of is Tavlaridis.

As for Dellas, I really hope he's not done. If this rumour is true and he can get playing time at Lazio, then it should be a no-brainer.

It's too bad Otto doesn't give Tav more chances to show that he can be the CB for Greece in the future. I mean really, who else we got? With Kapsis, Goumas, Antzas and now Dellas seemingly on their last legs; who do we turn to for the NT? I think Kyriakos is an obvious choice (though he should move on from Rangers) and the only other guy that I can think of is Tavlaridis.

As for Dellas, I really hope he's not done. If this rumour is true and he can get playing time at Lazio, then it should be a no-brainer.

Tavlaridis is not good enough for NT level

have you been watching him play recently?? because i disagree..he needs time and patience but i think he can help in the future..

have you been watching him play recently?? because i disagree..he needs time and patience but i think he can help in the future..
Yes I have. He lacks positional sense, strength and acceleration. I used to play against him when he was at Arsenal. He appears to have improved dramatically since then but he just doesn't seem ready at the top level. If Dellas can find his fitness tavlaridis won't get a look in.

It might sound harsh, but I think Dellas's days as a good player are over. Ever since he had his back surgery he has not been the same.

Have faith Ziaka, he'll be back. It's a bad time for him but he'll be back his commanding best to lead the back line in September.

Archived