Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Iraklis

Ziaka

On Sunday we play Iraklis at Toumba as part of Round 18 of the Greek championship. Tough game considering Iraklis is coming from a great win against AEK, while we are still struggling with the so-called weak teams such as Atromitos last weekend. On top of that the game will be played without fans, since we are seving one game ban for fan trouble.

On the other hand Iraklis willbe missing Lagos and Epale, while some of your defensmen (Udese, Charalmbus, Karypidis) should be back.

This could be an exciting game to watch. Too bad it will be without fans. The game willbe televised on Supersport in Greece, and on ERT-Sat in Australia and North America.

My prediction for this one is 2-0 for PAOK.

On Sunday we play Iraklis at Toumba as part of Round 18 of the Greek championship. Tough game considering Iraklis is coming from a great win against AEK, while we are still struggling with the so-called weak teams such as Atromitos last weekend. On top of that the game will be played without fans, since we are seving one game ban for fan trouble.

On the other hand Iraklis willbe missing Lagos and Epale, while some of your defensmen (Udese, Charalmbus, Karypidis) should be back.

This could be an exciting game to watch. Too bad it will be without fans. The game willbe televised on Supersport in Greece, and on ERT-Sat in Australia and North America.

My prediction for this one is 2-0 for PAOK.

when i saw this fixture earlier in the day i was like game of the week

i mean both teams are a point seperated

with Iraklis on a torrid run at the moment and the fact that its a Salonica battle but to find out this game will be behind closed doors is so dissapointing

i thought if the Toumba crowd was allowed then Paok would get the win

but Iraklis will take care of business v Paok

Good news is that some of our defensmen (Udese, Karypidis, Charalambous) will be back for this game. Also Iraklis willbe missing Lagos and Epale.

PAOK needs to win this game otherwise Iraklis will go ahead of us by 4 points, and we have 3 tough games with 2 straight away games (Larisa, Aigaleo) and a home game against Olympiakos.

Nothing would suprise me!! The first time they played this season, Hraklhs was all over them and PAOK got a lucky tie.

I think it will be a tie or A PAOK win (hoping).

Anyways , hope it is a good game. Too bad there are so many stupid fans with each club and ruin things.

There would have been a real good atmosphere at Toumpa today!!

I have said this a hundred times, but these owners need to secure their stadiums. In the end it is hurting their pockets with no gate receipts.

Until the owners do something, things will never change. If they don't want to secure their own house, then who will.

1-0 final. BRAVO PAOK!!!! :tup:

We we're pressuring well for the second goal toward the end of the game until Arabatzis got a second yellow at the 86th. Then we had to hold on with just 10 players for another 10 minutes for the win...

Bad soccer!! I don't care that it was snowing, they couldn't really put passes together.

Also, the red card was very unnecessary. He knew he had a yellow already and there was another defender in front of him. So why try and tackle from behind, very unprofessional.

The more and more that I watch PAOK, the less I am interested. I was excited in the beginning, but now I get frustrated watching.

Blalafas looked out of place too.

Oh well, what can you do.

I was not able to see or hear the whole game. I was only was able to hear the last 25 minutes of the game on the internet. Based on the last 25 minutes, it sounded like we were playing better towards the end of the game, pressuring for a second goal, and then Arabatsis got a second yellow. At that point, I was satisfied that PAOK was able to hang on for the win with 10 players.

Was anyone able to listen or see the whole game? Feedback?

Regardless, I am happy for the win, and congratulate the players and the coach for the win, especially playing in front of an empty stadium, against a team that was on a hot streak. Now we're back in fourth place, with tough games coming up for us. Hopefully the fans will be back soon.

Bad soccer!! I don't care that it was snowing, they couldn't really put passes together.

Also, the red card was very unnecessary. He knew he had a yellow already and there was another defender in front of him. So why try and tackle from behind, very unprofessional.

The more and more that I watch PAOK, the less I am interested. I was excited in the beginning, but now I get frustrated watching.

Blalafas looked out of place too.

Oh well, what can you do.

All greek football is played like that at the club level, very sloppy. I've only been impressed by olymapikos, they just need to play at that level consistently. AEK has not impressed me one bit, to be in second place and to be playing the way they do it reminds me of how bad club football is in Greece. AEK has been barely winning games against unequal opposition, to be winning last minute like they do is pathetic. No surprise why we are doing so bad on the european scene.

I'll take the win in this one. It wasn't pretty, but PAOK was clearly better. PAOK controlled the game and did not let Iraklis create any chances. I'd have to say Iraklis only had one good scoring chance. Very good game by Zagorakis, Arabatzis and Vaggelis. Too bad Zago left the game due to injury. After he left the game our play suffered. The weather did not help things, especially in the 2nd half. The team still need a lot of improvement. next game is against Aigaleo.

Here is who we played with:

Archived