Phantis Forums

Forgotten Players

thrylos

In the November Frienndlies the lineup I would like to see

Keeper: Nikopolidis/ Sifakis ( we need a KEEPER to snatch the job from Nikopolidis)

LeftBack: Darlas Grammozis Venetidis Vyntra (open audition, DARLAS must take this spot)

Centerbacks: Dellas Kyriakos/ Tavlaridis, Goumas, Alexopoulos, Kapsis

Right Back: Giourkas/ would love to see Patsatsoglou make a healthy return, Vyntra

Left Mid: Lagos or anyone else left footed

MIDS: Katsouranis(must raise his level), Basinas (must find team or see you!), Stoltidis,Kafes (playing well), Tziolis,Fotakis, PAO player splchk leontiou

RightMids:Karagounis, Stelios

Strikers: OPEN AUDITION! Charisteas,Mantzios,Salpigidis, Houtos,Amanatidis,Machlas(OFI ; ),Samaras, My son Michael scored 3 in his U-5 final game!!!

Lineup for 1st firendly.

Keeper: Nikopolidis/Sifakis

LeftBack: Darlas/Grammozis

CenterBacks: Dellas Kyriakos?/ Tavlaridis,Alexopoulos

RightBack:Giourkas/Vyntra/Patsa if healthy

Leftmid: Lagos the whole 90 min!

CenterMid: Katsouranis,Tziolis/ Stotidis Fotakis

Right Mid: Karagounis/Kafes

Mid behind Striker : Stelios is a poacher the ball finds him ,he scores for Bolton,why not US?

Striker: Charisteas(30)/Mantzios (30)/ Salpigidis(30)

I believe Stelios and Karagounis still merit the playing time, thats why I pushed Stelios up behind the Striker. The new coach cannot KISS veteran A$$, you must earn your spot!

EAGER TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS

who we playing in these november friendlies?

the lineup i would like to see is something like this:

nikopolidis/kotsolis(from the up and coming larisa)

fyssas/darlas(needs to get time right now)

dellas /soto/tav

kapsis/alexopoulos/goumas

giourkas/vyntra(although sometimes makes horrible giveaways)

kara/lagos/zikos, if otto leaves, and deschapms comes he'll bring zikos cos he loves him

katsou/basinas/zago/tziolos

stelios/kafes

mantzios/papadopoulos

amanatidis/salp

vryzas and zago need to contemplate retiring from the national team imeadeately

mr. charisteas.............TAKE A HIKE BRO

I think we need to see some new faces now , but charistea shouldn't be left out....he is still young and had a few bad games recently which were not all his fault........he played hard , missed some nice chances, but would have been better with some better crosses and some more help............charistea should be on the team.................vryza and zagoraki have been great for the nt over the years but it is time to call it quits ,especially vryzas.................basinas gots to go..............i cant wait to see samara play

:LOL: machlas is out, not the kind of plyer the team needs and hasn't done anything but score a bad goal against Olympaicos (garbage goal). I think the team we have now is good enough, I stand by it. The olny problem i see is injury/fatigue something that has caused us problems during qualification since we have no depth. Zagorakis must stay with the team, he's like that guy from cameroon Roger Mila(sp?), no matter how old he gets he still plays great. I honestly can't see anyone replacing zagorakis. Kafes has been impressive lately.

I agree on sifakis, but kotsolis too has been doing well with larissa.

amanatidis and houtos are worthless, they aren't that good. The forwards we have now are the best in Greece, Lybe, Charisteas, Vryzas, Gekas, Papadopoulos all good players. Mantzios still needs to prove hinmself like Gekas last season.

I think we were just unlucky this qualifying campaign. Greece, Denmark, Turkey and Ukraine all deserved qualification to the World Cup.

Easy re AEKtzi Lybe is a statue out there he could not shine Machlas boots!!!!!!!

If not for that knee injury he would still be filling up the nets in the Dutch League. I know he does not merit a spot, but I would take him over Vryzas.

Strikers in order: Papadopoulos(left foot a plus), Salpigidis,Mantzios,Charisteas (if healthy)Samaras,Amanatidis,Gekkas, Houtos(if healthy and Playing with Maillorca)

Zagorakis must stay with the team, he's like that guy from cameroon Roger Mila(sp?), no matter how old he gets he still plays great.

not vs. denmark and georgia, he wasn't the same player, both disapointing performances from the captain

I honestly can't see anyone replacing zagorakis.

i see katsouranis, now dellas return will allow him to move upfield

the strikers that should be competing for starting places are papa/mantzios/samaras/amanatidis/salp

vryzas should retire from the national team, he's barely playing for his club

and oh yes charisteas should have a place..........................ON THE BENCH :LOL: :LOL:

anastasiou is 34 years old!

we need young blood not old blood!

Would you rather have an old guy that can score or a young guy that cannot?

Age is just a number. Then again so are goals.

I don't care how old Anastasiou is. I don't even like him. BUT, and that is a big BUT, he is in top form and very productive for his team.

Lineup for 1st firendly.

Keeper: Nikopolidis/Sifakis

LeftBack: Darlas/Grammozis

CenterBacks: Dellas Kyriakos?/ Tavlaridis,Alexopoulos

RightBack:Giourkas/Vyntra/Patsa if healthy

Leftmid: Lagos the whole 90 min!

CenterMid: Katsouranis,Tziolis/ Stotidis Fotakis

Right Mid: Karagounis/Kafes

Mid behind Striker : Stelios is a poacher the ball finds him ,he scores for Bolton,why not US?

Striker: Charisteas(30)/Mantzios (30)/ Salpigidis(30)

I believe Stelios and Karagounis still merit the playing time, thats why I pushed Stelios up behind the Striker. The new coach cannot KISS veteran A$$, you must earn your spot!

EAGER TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I agree - re Stelios - and I would even say that he and we may be better off with him coming off the bench if they want 2 traditional strikes - remeber what he did vs Czech in Euro

Overall I like what you recomend - I still like what Fyssas adds - but Darlas should be phased in for sure

The center mid you have here is not too strong - I hope to hell that Basinas signs somewhere - otherwise no way should he play on the Ethniki - Zikos???

I also like Kapsis as the 4th center back

and leonitou and lagos should batttle over the left side spot

I don't care how old Anastasiou is. I don't even like him. BUT, and that is a big BUT, he is in top form and very productive for his team.

anastasiou is far from a prolific goalscorer. he gets some goals with Ajax lately. But 34 is too old. We have no competitive matches coming up, only friendlies. We dont give a ###### about winning friendlies its about playing well and showing potential for the FUTRURE. Anastasiou isnt gonna be in the future picture. Nor will Nikopolidis, Zagorakis (likely), Tsiartas, and in a year or so Giannakopoulos......this generation has to make way for a new one- thats how it is and the sooner we change the quicker well get better and the better we will be when the generation is at its peak-- it has to change in all areas or Ellas will never win again.

Machlas- hitting form again had another today, has intl experience, but hes a bit old...We should have tried him out instead of Salpiggidis for the Denmark game i think. Machlas was our ethniki's superstar....im sure if he got his chance again hed seize it.

Tsiartas--- out!

Charisteas----relatively young but is losing it.....like Machlas i think he will prematurely lose his spot... he needs to go back to Greece i think and get his form and confidence back.

Basinas- eksw!

Nikopolidis- paei kai autos

Zagorakis--- great player but he has to make room for the new generation.

Giannakopoulos has another year but we have to think long term not short term...at the moment there is no short term anyways.

Anastasiou- too bad for him

kids we will most likely start seeing-

Lagos- really young and a great defensive winger......and scores a lot for Ira...had another one today

Darlas--good left back......with him and Lagos on the left we are gonna do great

Leontiou & Iliadis- in a few years will be a good midfielder

Tziolis- in a year or so will be ready

Pappas- will be a great poacher....

Gkoundoulakis- an attacking option in midfield coming up

Sifakis, Kotsolis------sifakis has looked shitty this season of what ive seen......prefer Kotsolis because he was a good backup at PAO and with 1st team only better

the league is filled with young talents.....Otto may have brought us to heaven but was too stubborn and set us back a year by not giving these kids a chance (any kids not just the above) now we have to see changes early to get the kids experience because this upcoming generation has some great potential....

Charisteas----relatively young but is losing it.....like Machlas i think he will prematurely lose his spot... he needs to go back to Greece i think and get his form and confidence back.

how true. when he first joined verder bremen he had a really fierce shot w/ both feet and now he can't even hit a beach ball. klasnic and klose came along and he saw more bench time and after that it was all downhill from there. one thing in his favour though is his age, he' still young enough to turn it around.

we got a talented youngster to fill every starting place just the question is for the caoch to use them.

The problem with Charisteas will be in finding a club interested in taking him on, after seeing him flounder with the NT. 24/25 isn't that young when it's your major earning years. Pity about his head injury, as he was putting a few in the net those last few games.

Anastasiou has got one foot in the grave; you shouldn't discount veterans, but like Tsartas, or anybody in their early thirties, sub them on in the last 15 minutes if you absolutely have to. Besides which, two goals is not A LOT. Call them flukes if anything.

Lyberopoulos is playing full games however, and he's pushing 31--while scoring almost every single game. Let's hope Otto keeps him on and gets rid of the dead wood.

Nikopolidis, I would keep on for the simple fact that we've got no goaltenders capable of replacing him just yet. GKs can last until they're in their late 30s. But they would be smart to look for a youngster.

The problem with Charisteas will be in finding a club interested in taking him on, after seeing him flounder with the NT. 24/25 isn't that young when it's your major earning years. Pity about his head injury, as he was putting a few in the net those last few games.

Anastasiou has got one foot in the grave; you shouldn't discount veterans, but like Tsartas, or anybody in their early thirties, sub them on in the last 15 minutes if you absolutely have to. Besides which, two goals is not A LOT. Call them flukes if anything.

Lyberopoulos is playing full games however, and he's pushing 31--while scoring almost every single game. Let's hope Otto keeps him on and gets rid of the dead wood.

Nikopolidis, I would keep on for the simple fact that we've got no goaltenders capable of replacing him just yet. GKs can last until they're in their late 30s. But they would be smart to look for a youngster.

I agree with your comment about Keeping veterans that can score around, because you never know.......

Lyberopoulos has been scoring which is great, but is it more difficult to score in the Italian league or in the Greek league? That is the reason that Otto calls all the foreign based players. Until Ellas has a true protathlema, where there are a legit 8 teams fighting for the championship, the level of play will not increase. Look at Panathinaikos. They got a few young Greek players on the team, but in their starting 11, how many of them are Greek? Olympiakos is the same thing.

As far as Nikopolidis goes, I agree that he can play another 6 years if his head is in it. But, I would also like to see Eleftheropoulos given another crack and Sifakis and Gianou and the young goalis who played for Panthinaikos last year (he was impressive I thought)

anastasiou is far from a prolific goalscorer. he gets some goals with Ajax lately. But 34 is too old. We have no competitive matches coming up, only friendlies. We dont give a ###### about winning friendlies its about playing well and showing potential for the FUTRURE. Anastasiou isnt gonna be in the future picture. Nor will Nikopolidis, Zagorakis (likely), Tsiartas, and in a year or so Giannakopoulos......this generation has to make way for a new one- thats how it is and the sooner we change the quicker well get better and the better we will be when the generation is at its peak-- it has to change in all areas or Ellas will never win again.

Machlas- hitting form again had another today, has intl experience, but hes a bit old...We should have tried him out instead of Salpiggidis for the Denmark game i think. Machlas was our ethniki's superstar....im sure if he got his chance again hed seize it.

Tsiartas--- out!

Basinas- eksw!

Nikopolidis- paei kai autos

Zagorakis--- great player but he has to make room for the new generation.

Giannakopoulos has another year but we have to think long term not short term...at the moment there is no short term anyways.

Anastasiou- too bad for him

kids we will most likely start seeing-

Lagos- really young and a great defensive winger......and scores a lot for Ira...had another one today

Darlas--good left back......with him and Lagos on the left we are gonna do great

Leontiou & Iliadis- in a few years will be a good midfielder

Tziolis- in a year or so will be ready

Pappas- will be a great poacher....

Gkoundoulakis- an attacking option in midfield coming up

Sifakis, Kotsolis------sifakis has looked shitty this season of what ive seen......prefer Kotsolis because he was a good backup at PAO and with 1st team only better

the league is filled with young talents.....Otto may have brought us to heaven but was too stubborn and set us back a year by not giving these kids a chance (any kids not just the above) now we have to see changes early to get the kids experience because this upcoming generation has some great potential....

I would like to see Zagorakis stay on the team but not as a starter. ...

If he's 32 he could still play some minutes , if required, up to age 37 and he's a great team player.

He would also be a coach on the bench due to his experience and his accomplishments. The younger players on the bench will listen to him and this can mean the difference in games.

Zagorakis stays if he wants.......but he won't be a starter.

Just my opinion....

Archived