Phantis Forums

Players for Turkey/Ukraine games

Ziaka

Yes, Tavlaridis was also called up. Somehow I have ommitted his name when I did the cope/paste procedure. It is now fixed. I think this was a good move by Otto, considering that Dellas will most likely miss the games.

good to see Tavlaridis get called up but i don't think he will play because he never featured for the national tean so far and i don't think it's a good idea to use him for the first time in these two very important matches

i also see Zagorakis on the list but he is suspended for the first match.. i also was thinking of calling Stoltidis to shore things up but again I doubt he will play.

Soto will be the sweeper like in the match against Denmark. at half time of that match Zagorakis got subbed and Katsouranis moved upfield in his place and Kats' position in the center of the defence was taken by Kyrgiakos. i think we will see the same thing again vs. Turkey with Goumas and Kapsis the other 2 defenders

Read this article about Dellas from a few days ago:

http://sportnews.flash.gr/articles/2005/5/18/62042/

What do you think? He'll play? Or will Tavlaridis replace him in the defense even though he's inexperienced? He plays on Lille in France and is a defender.

We really need Dellas, We have 2 difficult games towards, And I think Dellas is very importent for the team, Hope everything will work out, And that we will win both games! PAME ELLADARA!

Here are all the players called up for the games with Turkey and Ukraine by Oto Rehhagel:

Antonis Nikopolidis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiakos Piraeus), Ioannis Goumas (Panathinaikos Athens), Loukas Vyntra (Panathinaikos Athens), Dimitrios Papadopoulos (Panathinaikos Athens), Theofanis Gekas (Panathinaikos Athens), Angelos Basinas (Panathinaikos Athens), Kostas Katsouranis (AEK Athens), Vasilis Lakis (AEK Athens), Kostas Chalkias (FC Portsmouth), Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Glasgow Rangers), Michalis Kapsis (Girodins Bordeaux), Panagiotis Fyssas (Benfica Lisbon), Giorgos Karagounis (Internazzionale Milan), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Vasilis Tsiartas (1. FC Koln), Theodoros Zagorakis (AC Bologna), Giourkas Seitaridis (Dinamo Moscow), Angelos Charisteas (Ajax Amsterdam), Zissis Vryzas (Calta Vigo), Ioannis Amanatidis (1. FC Kaiserlautern) Efstathios Tavlaridis (LOSC Lille)

I posted earlier that Tavlaridis will eventually get called up and sure enough... I've seen him play w/Lille and he's excellent.

Yeah I just read about this....

This is a great pick-up by OTTO...

This guy is fast and smart on the ball.

Good Call Otto :tup:

she looks likes like my girl friend :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I didnt know you're girlfriend was Greek... :D :D :D :D

Archived