Phantis Forums

FIFA Confederations Cup

Guest gastone_1978

Trully amazing stories trifilli and Spiro. I am panathinaikara as well, and the shock I felt in the begining of my residence in the US is extremely hard to explain when I realized that I have no option watching a football match of my preference, Tha was 2 and a half months ago. You see in england I always had the opportunity to watch any greek team's football match through SKY digital, where you could pick any CL match at no extra charge. This sounds unbelieveable for the digital TV standards concerning any kind of football competition.

So you can understand my eager to find some sort of solution. So I decided to start my research on the Web. I thought damn things improve there should be something. And here we r today talking on this website supporting eachother with links and information.

It's really hard to imagine how cut off from the greek news you were at the time. Thank God those times will never return, but you sure have a good reason to be nostalgic.

Ok now, in order to make this a happy thread, I am going to ask this in a civilized and courteous manner.

HOW MANY GOALS ARE WE GONNA TIP OUR FRIENDS WITH IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS????:)) :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

One is enough I know but I just want to hear it all the time, as the greek advertisment says.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trifilli,

That very same game of Panathinaikos against Ajax in Amsterdam I had no way of watching or listening of course! I remember I had bought a short-wave radio for $450 (even a pc is cheaper now!) and the "Phoni tis Elladas" was broadcasting with half an hour news from Greece at 7.00pm EST and at the end they had the sports! The reception was so bad that I had to add alouminum foil to the antenna and move the radio from one room to the other even at the top of the roof in order to listen to the result... And guess what? I missed the score right at the very minute the newsman was announcing it!

Hell broke at home! Now where in the wolrd would I find out by how much MY Panathinaikos lost in Amsterdam?

Thank God ESPN showed the game delayed (at 1.00am EST) early that morning and we all saw Varzycha succeding that great goal! The game in Athens was live from ESPN, but it was so sad that I'd rather had missed it!

Old good days! Or is it old bad days? And I am only 41 years old guys! I remember going to Paiania every week to see the proponisi of our team! Oloi oi paixtes tis fournias tou Saravakou me xerane me to mikro mou onoma. Sto gipedo pigena kathe Kiriaki me mia trompeta (den mporousa vevea na sigkritho me ton Attilio tou Olympiakou) gia tin omada!

How much would I pay to watch my team in the US now? Priceless!

Trifilli,

Thank God ESPN showed the game delayed (at 1.00am EST) early that morning and we all saw Varzycha succeding that great goal! The game in Athens was live from ESPN, but it was so sad that I'd rather had missed it!

Oloi oi paixtes tis fournias tou Saravakou me xerane me to mikro mou onoma.

I saw those games as you did.

The return game was my worst tv watching experience ever :blink:

I hate Litmanen... :tdown:

Thank god Bassinas scored that bullet in Konstantinoupolh 1-1 vs Fener, (FSW) the whole neighborhood heard me! GGGOOOAAALLL

Nothing compares to the continuous EXTASY that I lived last June ...

I closed the windows off course :D

O MITSARAS! :tup: ...htane kai kalo paidi.

Apo ton Panionio akoma ton xero.

So many great memories, but the present has never been this good.

Euro champs, :gr: and a WC qualification?

Who would ever think... :gr:

PEACE

Guest gastone_1978

Talking about the Euro 2004, that was the only thing I bless God for that I had to serve my military service and I happened to be in Greece for a year.

Therefore as if I had a good feeling about it, when the Euro started I took 25 days off altogether..timitikes and s%$#! like cos I had surveyed their whole station with a crappy old 60's Theodolite, propabably left over from the old USSR, in order to make a plan of where they should place their armata, so I really deserved it.

As to a result I had the most astonishing experience in my life so far, where I went to lefkos pyrgos at thessaloniki after the game with France, To the coast of Volos after the semifinal, and on my last day off the army we were playing with portugal and a few hours after the match I was at OMONOIA celebrating with all our compatriots.

I will not exchange those moments of pure extasy with all the money in the World.

The only thing I felt miserable fro was the fact that I was not allowed by the greek government to go to Portugal and support those folks. Man that would have been perfect.

So I hope they go to Germany next summer so I can start saving some money for that already.

• 3 weeks later...

The tournament starts on June 15 and will go on until June 29.

The following is a complete schedule of all games in EST with the Dishnetwork channels that will show the games (Spanish commentary).

Group A

15-Jun-05 Cologne ARG:TUN 12:00 GLVSN [833]

15-Jun-05 Frankfurt GER:AUS 15:00 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

18-Jun-05 Cologne TUN:GER 12:00 GLVSN [833]

18-Jun-05 Nuremberg AUS:ARG 14:45 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

21-Jun-05 Leipzig AUS:TUN 14:45 GLVSN [833]

21-Jun-05 Nuremberg ARG:GER 14:45 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

Group B

16-Jun-05 Hanover JPN:MEX 12:00 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

16-Jun-05 Leipzig BRA:GRE 14:45 GLVSN [833]

19-Jun-05 Hanover MEX:BRA 14:45 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

19-Jun-05 Frankfurt GRE:JPN 12:00 GLVSN [833]

22-Jun-05 Frankfurt GRE:MEX 14:45 UNIP [828] and UNVSN [827]

22-Jun-05 Cologne JPN:BRA 14:45 GLVSN [833]

Semi Finals

25-Jun-05 Nuremberg 1A:2B 12:00

26-Jun-05 Hanover 1B:2A 12:00

Third Place

29-Jun-05 Leipzig L13:L14 11:45

Final

29-Jun-05 Frankfurt W13:W14 14:45

Channels 827 and 833 are available through satellite 119 only. Channel 828 is available through satellite 110.

This means that if you are getting only the Greek channels from Dishnetwork you will not be able to receive the games. You need an additional dish that will look at satellite 119. If you have this dish, you need to subscribe to their America's Top 120 package ($37.99/month) or to their Dish Latino package ($24.99/month). You can order it, watch the games and then cancel. The price is not bad at all for what you get. Please note that you may not get all the channels that are available in these packages if you don't have a DISH 500 system but you will definately get channels 827 and 833 with a very simple dish that sees the 119 satellite.

For people that live in other parts of the world this forum will have links to watch the games live in the web. Please stand by for further announcements and/or post here any links you may find.

Guest gastone_1978

All the games will be Live through CCTV5 confirmed 100% by their website contact support. It may even be on the schedule already.

Plenty. Plenty plenty plenty of links on that game. you can even try PPlive for smooth streaming, which is a new p2p software similar to coolstreaming. It works very well on my pc, but you better have a download rate over 700Kb/s and upload over 250kb/s so that you provide a good relay to others, otherwise it will not let you connect:). Smart programmer ain't he?:)

I think that is more than enough help.

I will only be giving links from now on that will be able to suport at least 1,000 people. The links for CCTV5 easily do that. And the P2P software is a big plus.

Another P2P software which also broadcasts CCTV5 is FEIDIAN but it doesn't seem to operate that well.

If you make a brief search on google both osftware mentioned above will be eaisly found in order to download them.

The rest of the Standard IP Server links, which can only support a few users (like several hundreds) I will not be publishing anymore. I hope you all understand, If not I am sorry but a hard worker has to pay off himself and his friends.

Anyway to our point for the Confederation cup you do not need more links anyway. CCTV5 will do fine for ALL of us that's why I share FREE of CHARGE unlike others:).

Enjoy the game and good luck to our Ethniki Ellados

Guys I reccomend you now to contact Dish network to make sure you can get the dish latino package. That way you can either add the additional dish or prepare for alternative arrangements. The game is at 11:30 pacific time on Thursday. Check soccertv.com for your local listings. A plus guys is that playboy in espanol comes with the package. I have ordered this package many times in the past to watch Greek matches and then cancel it after the matches. Typically they prorate it for the matches that you watch and the charge 5.00 when you cancel. Someone should consider listing the direct tv program so those with direct tv can watch.

The channels you need are telefutura and galavision.

Fox Soccer Channel will be showing games, but I think they will only show group A, the one without Greece. So it does not really matter.

Plus they will show some games on tape delay.

They are so lost.

How can they not show the group with BRAZIL and GREECE.

Sbs will play greece vs brazil at 4:45am on friday. i will commentate the match but i need the numbers on my other post. i allready got 1 shoutcast that any1 here can use to commentante just send me a email at ahondros@optusnet.com.au if you want to commentate a game :D

Guys I reccomend you now to contact Dish network to make sure you can get the dish latino package. That way you can either add the additional dish or prepare for alternative arrangements.

zorbas, you don't really need the DISH Latino to get Galavision, Telefutura and Univision channels. As Spiro noted all you need is a subscription to DISH Top 120 package, and your dish pointed to the 119 and 110 Degree staellites.

Also don't forget that Univision and Telefutura channels are available over the air in most major metropolitan areas.

Guest gastone_1978

Also don't forget that Univision and Telefutura channels are available over the air in most major metropolitan areas.

You r absolutely right Ziaka. Here in Dallas TX they are included in the 72 channels basic package on Grande Communications.

Galavision only has to be purchased extra. All you have to do is as most users already mentioned. subscribe for the channel and once you watch all the matches cancel. The charge fee is obly 5.00$ and you get the rest of your money back.

To be honest I prefer the mexican sportcaster yelling Gooooooooaaaaaaaal to the american one, who thinks he is commentating an American Football match.

Good luck to our ethniki Ellados

Gastone, I would hate to listen to the Gogogogogogogooooooaaaaalllll! of the Spanish guy when Brazil will score against us! How many times do we have to listen to this and pick the ball off of our net?

Guest GreekSoussou

Guess who's back, back again. :gr: All the games in the NJ area by me will be available on Cablevision, Directv and Dish Network.

I don't think there will be anyone left out in this Tournament. Lots of cable and satellite systems carry these games and even in the most lonely spot of the planet they will have the chance to watch them through the net. Loads and loads of links.

As we said before, national league championships are over almost everywhere in the world and the only big event will be the Confederations Cup. Everybody will be carrying it!

Good luck to our team! Lets start with some sweet Brazilian coffee!

Guest gastone_1978

Gastone, I would hate to listen to the Gogogogogogogooooooaaaaalllll! of the Spanish guy when Brazil will score against us! How many times do we have to listen to this and pick the ball off of our net?

Well in that case I would love to hear him chocking or losing his voice when Charisteas scores a goal through his throat:)

In simple words their sportcaster will feel the greek ...ahem... deep in his throat when our boys score. Would love to record that moment on my video:)

True Ziaka you do not need dish latino but the difference is that dish latino is $24.99 per month and top 120 package is 37.99 per month so I would prefer to keep the $13.00 in my pocket if i don't have to spend it. I am just giving the best package economically speaking. Of coure if you already subscribe to the top 120 or top 180 do nothing. As of right now all i have is ERT and a handful of local station so dish latino is the best choice for me.

Archived