Phantis Forums

AEK - Ergotelis

len

This Sunday at 3:30 greek time AEK plays Ergotelis at OAKA. No tv coverage in Greece so estimates of around 30-35K fans are being thrown around the greek media and other AEK boards. Lets hope we have a strong showing of both fans and as a team and can continue our winning ways and get the three points and keep the pressure on the other two. Every point is crucial at this point of the season. I say we win 2-1

On a side note since the start of the season there have been rumors that Katsou is going to Porto in return for us getting to keep Alves and Assu. Porto had a scout at our game vs. the geys and now O Jogo is reporting that Porto is offering AEK 5 million for him. It is still early so lets wait and see what happens.

I agree w/ drako.. this isn't an easy game.. Ergoteli is going to be fighting to stay in the division. They play w/ 11 men back and break on the counterattack and as we all saw against the geys it can work well. Our defense isn't that fast and if we push too far forward we could get caught. They are estimating 40,000 + fans which will be a trmendous help, but it will also put a lot of pressure on the team to do well. Despite what everyone was saying at the start of the season many fans expect AEK to compete for the title. Again pressure is on us. Hopefully we can score early and make Ergoteli open up a bit. Then I think the game will be a bit easier for us.

I watched the game. One thing I would like to say is that it will be a shame if Ergotelis gets relegated. They showed me thay are a team with a character. They did not come to OAKA to defend a 0-0 tie. They actually tried to attack and score goals. In the end AEK was little bit too much for them, but I like what I saw in Ergotelis. They did not give up even when they were down 3-0.

Archived