Phantis Forums

Who's in Favour For Bajevic !

Olympiacos-Sydney

Personally Bajevic hasnt had the chance to build the team he wants,

He will rebuild the team once all the old players leave from their expiring contracts..

Giovanni, Rivaldo, Djordjevic, Venetidis, Georgiadis, All have to leave.

I say Keep Bajevic and let him rebuild the team from scratch...!!

Okay who is in Favour for Bajevic,

Iam !!! He has to stay......!!!!

;)

i'm in too. he was able to bring in some new players though. but he didnt have the same impact on the team like when he was the first time on our bench. back in those days he was able to build a whole new team. he should get the chance to do this again for the next season.

djole can stay. if not for his playing abilities then just out of respect for what he achieved during the years he played for us. okkas also doesnt have to leave. he might not be the scorer we hoped he would be, but he is working a lot on the field. and things might change next season.

but he also has to get control over castillo. maybe he should take him away his favorite toy everytime he turns nuts. the first time his xbox, then the ps2,...

if kokkalis will allow bajevic to make the moves he plans for the next season i am sure that he will build a strong team again.

the reason OSFP is inconsistent is because they dont have strikers.....seriously i dont mean to say as a PAO fan but i think comparativly OSFP has good defense/midfield but no strikers.....there are a lot better striking pairs on other teams like Ksanthi, Iraklis, Panionios (Mantzios, Breska, Nalitzis), Ergotelis (those 2 black guys are super fast and can finish....id take them over okkatsikis and giovanni anyday) OFI, AEK, Aigaleo, PAO, maybe PAOK... im just being honest i think they are the weakes part of a possible very strong team

if okkas would be able to finish his chances like an average striker our offense would be a lot stronger. this should be our first transfer target for the next season. a good and reliable striker.

Completely agree w/ this comment. Guys there's nothing wrong w/ Olympiacos. This team has some great players and the issue here is how they are utilized on the field. I'm going to have to go agaisnt some of the above comments and say that Bajevic needs to change some of his tactics in order to have a good and happy squad.

Bring back Katanec!

Well it's a combination of things. First and foremost we must know that Dusan has never liked stars, a 'asterofagos' to say, his style is build it and they will come.

Then comes our inconsistancy to score goals in the ALPHA div. and abroad (its clear we have NO striker) ,then combine that with some tactics/formations the 'stars' might not agree with and the crying begins (as this has won them over in the past, and its kokkalis fault for it) and you are at our present state.

Listen, if we get through sochaux and place well in Greece I think it would be wise to let Dusan stay. Why ? Because there are at least 10 contracts up this summer, and like it or not there WILL BE A HOUSE CLEANING of the roster, and afterall thats Bajevic's MAIN forte !

I'd would have to agree with everything that Vasili said. With the only exception being that if Oly progress and beat Sochaux. Even if they lose, they still need to keep him. He's the best man for the job. He may not be Greek but he understands the Greek mentality and he knows the Greek game. Moreover, with all of these contracts ending this year, he can create a team that suits him or the vision he has for the football club.

Forget about bringing in a big foreign name. It's not going to happen. 11 years, 20 coaches. I would think that the big names of Europe would look at that and say no thanks.

As far as Okkas goes....ditch him. He could be the hardest working bloke out there..if he's not doing his job and putting in the goals, then he's taking up valuable space and salary.

Keep Bajevic.

guys i tend to disagree, scoring is not the issue if you ask me, its anything but that, this year has been the first year you guys have a good keeper, the defence is still sub par if you ask me, not sayin this to be an a**hole but you take any one of the central defenders from pao and they will start at OFSP, the midfield is solid can be better, but you guys create more than enough chances and can score, you are tied for first in the league in scoring, giovanni is probbably gonna leave but whenever he plays hes the leading scorer, okka has been good as of late, castillo is young, and rivaldo is just rivaldo, if you ask me the problem with this team is team chemistry, you cannot get all these guys to play together...all these side problems and everyone complaining, i mean half the team is over 30, and then you have someone like castillo, hard for a team like this to mesh, i think if you guys want a better team kokkala should just have more faith in bajevic and let him sign and search for whoever he wants and suits his system, not what is also a great marketing deal

i dont know how in GODS name anyone can raise defense as a serious issue for this years team. Iin a total of 7 Euro matches we have let in 5 goals (3 that disasterous night in anfeild) In Greece we have let in 11 goals in 19 matchdays and have the best defense in the ALPHA division and are tied for first in goals with 34. But when Yannakis only has TWO goals in the ALPHA division, it says alot dont you think ? Aanatolakis must have the same goal total as Okkas for Christs sake ! ! !

I'll agree with you 100% on the chemsistry and the backing of dusan. although during our CL campaign for the most part everything was clicking right. It was jsut in Greece where we had some hard fought wins and close matches that got things riled up, and the icing on the cake was the boot from CL.

Batigol: Well dont be so sure, because if Rivaldo chooses to leave in the summer and not honor his contract, we will surely be buying another foreigner to fill his shoes.

Guest Protathlitis

you are a fool; scoring is absolutley the issue. If we had a good striker we would have progressed for sure in CL (i think there are a few pao fans who agree with me)

If we had killed of the head to head record in Athens against Liverpool or if we had finihsed all those chances against monaco, depor etc etc

defence is not the problem and Id take Anatolakis and shurrer over morris and goumas any day. just look at their repsective performances this year. not only that but Id take Kostoulas over them too

Scoring and our attack is EXACTLY the problem. with Giovanni doing what hes done this year and with okkas missing sooooooo many chances we cant have a good attack

Proven greats like Djole arent the problem, hes past his time and is injured too but every one in a while he'll go on a run which takes us back

Osfp does need a new Right back in my opinion and the full backs is definatley one area where pao has better players but most of all Osfp needs the following

A big strong, goal scoring center forward

a fast, hard working right midfielder

Batigol: Well dont be so sure, because if Rivaldo chooses to leave in the summer and not honor his contract, we will surely be buying another foreigner to fill his shoes.

Sorry man, I was referring to Oly trying to bring in a foreign coach. Not a foreign player. I have no doubt they'll try and bring in more foreign players.

My writing wasn't clear enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

like you say our biggest problem is the chemistry in the team. it isnt just because of the personality of our primadonnas, it is also their skills that somehow dont fit together. some players are fast and running up and down the field. others are slow in terms of speed and playmaking.

-----------------------------------nikopolidis-(constant keeper)---------------------------

mavro(quite fast)--------schurrer(quite fast)-----anatolakis(quite slow)----geo(fast)

-------------------stoltidis(has been faster)---kafes(more towards slow)---------------

maric(fast)---------------------------------------------------------djole(has been faster)

----------------------------rivaldo(more towards slow)------------------------------------

-------------------------------------okkas(fast)---------------------------------------------

castillo: fast

gio: sssssllllloooooowwwww

pantos: quite fast

vallas: quite fast

kostoulas: quite fast

imo the connection between the offense and the midfield is just working to slow. if bajevic would try and take either iero or kafes out and put ribo in the midfield and not behind the attacker this could change. like that we could put another striker in (castillo or d'acol) and create a fast attacking duo. ribo could use his strengths and create our game.

about our defense. it works great this year but is it just going to be this season? pao's defensive play is consistent over years now and i would be happy if our defense would be like that too. but i also think it works so good because it already starts in the midfield with kafes and stoltidis. they both have more of an defensive role so that we have like six defenders on the field.

the offense: i completely agree with protathlitis. if we had someone up in front with a killer instinct in front of the goal we would have not only progressed in the cl but would have surely made our first away victory.

@evalagoal: i'd like to see him back. apart from dusan he was the best coach i saw on our bench during the time i remember. our defense was working great with him.

but i also think it works so good because it already starts in the midfield with kafes and stoltidis. they both have more of an defensive role so that we have like six defenders on the field.

I also think this is one of the major two reasons why we are doing very well in the defense. The other one is that we actually seem to play with two stoppers (or so I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

So our back and middlefield is heavily oriented towards a defensive role.

That formation could effectively work with counter attacks (although it isn't the kind of football I like) if

1. We were fast in general so we could exploit unorganized defenses via long passes.

2. We had a pure (and fast) striker

As for Kafes and Anatolakis, I think that the former was always very fast but it is his current role that makes him appearing "slow". Anatolakis is not exceptionally fast but, for his age, I thing he's ok.

Anyway, what it bothers me is that Bajevic has tried a lot of combinations so far (esp. during autumn). We can't blame him that he didn't tried. But, as you said, the chemistry doesn't exist. Or simply the team is too aged and we need a drastic overhaul.

for starters Bajevic needs to stay period

i mean he signed a 3 yr deal and we can't afford to pay off the rest of the 2 years

a 3 yr deal as a coach and especially the coach of Olympiakos in Greece that's a long term commitment

the one thing about Bajevic is he does know talent and seems to produce them, thats wut happenned in his first tenure

but it's known about his dealing with the superstars

thats the difference here

he doesn't avoid clashes and he tends to make them public

at times he is right probably more times then not but he needs to understand that if u clash with any player, let along a superstar it corrupts the locker room

the chemistry is destroyed

i mean one way to get rid of this tension is to win on thursday for the uefa cup final 16 and win hte league that will relieve alot of tension

off course this is easier said then done but he needs to happen

last season after failing to secure the title i thought Olympiakos #1 objective was the head coaching position

their needs to be a sense of security at that position

it all begins from the top and look bajevic has been wrong at times but needs to be given the benefit of the doubt here

The other one is that we actually seem to play with two stoppers (or so I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

That formation could effectively work with counter attacks

Or simply the team is too aged and we need a drastic overhaul.

1: You are correct.

2: I personally wouldnt mind, but we dont have the players needed for such a style

3: Thats what I'am leaning towards, either way we are getting one this summer.

Vasilios, thanks for the verification, I am weak in football tactics and formations.

Since quite a few people doesn't like Bajevic's character, I think we must note one interesting thing. That he offered his resign to the club instead of waiting them to fire him (like Scazny). In the latter case, OSFP would be forced to pay him the whole 3 years contract. If his resign was accepted, he would receive nothing. What do you think? Isn't this suggestive of his professional integrity?

You know what, the "Gerakia" proved alot tonight honestly, theres a reason why aged wine is better no ? Bravo to them, theres alot of heart in that team still.

Dipapa: it does say alot actually. it's nice to see alot of the fans applauding dusan now though, I think he came through in the clutch as did the players as well.

Lets hope we can pull it off against Chalkidona now, and hope for a gkela by pao/aek and we'll be straight as an arrow for the poms.

for starters Nikopolidis signed a 3 year contract with Olympiakos

so he will be here another 2 years for sure

Rivaldo has 1 left on his deal with Olympiakos and an option but the question is will he stay and i think so

Djordjavic is a free agent

i really want to keep him but need to start adding new blood to the team

i mean if he stays and takes a limited role with the club then thats great but he will also be payed a lot less too

Georgatos is a free agent but he has suprisingly looked good this year and has had very godo moments

i do believe he set up the goal for stoltidis

on Bajevic great game plan with all the pressure surrounding the club and got them to the round of 16 off course i would have prefered the round of 16 in c.l.

were going to face newcastle and we should beat them but will worry about it till the time comes to play them

great job by Bajevic and the club

Archived