Phantis Forums

WCQ: Georgia - GREECE

Ziaka

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody tell me now?

Will Kapsis,Nikopolidis and Amanatidis be 100% for the Georgia game?

The only thing I know is that Dellas will not play

AND GUYS WHAT ABOUT CHARISTEAS will he be 100% for both the games?

Ante PAME GIA MUNDIAL 2006 ! :gr:

Dellas will not travel with the team to Georgia

but their is a chance he will play v Albania

i mean losing a player like Dellas is a huge loss

but Ellas doesn't depend on one player

they are esentially one team

the team will gather together and win these next 2 games

King OTTO will have them ready to do so

Just read Otto's press conference. The guys know exactly what to do....they had a great training day and he mentioned that how they need to take control of this game. I am sure they will come out, the whole game, as they did against Denmark.

As for Dellas...he is out....however, Kygriakos is a fine replacement...he is playing very good with the Rangers and already there are rumors of him moving to La Liga or the scudetto.....If it is time or not...we need to get the next generation playing....I will be a bit worried with Kapsis sits out as well.....our defense is still very strong...however...

Do not worry everyone...our guys will make us proud

There is no question that Dellas being out will hurt the team - we have a fine replacement - the key is to score early - its a huge game vs Georgia in their backyard - we need to take every team in their own stadium and surroundings seriously! :gr: :gr: :gr:

polyxrone

Ellas # 1

With holes in the back - I expect a much more open game - Kyriakos will have to be huge and whoever is in for Kapsis (Goumas? Katsouranis moving back?- I know I might get yelled at here but I kind of wish Dabizas was called up) will also have to play well.

I think our midfield will be the key Stelios has been amazing lately - I fully expect a goal from him

I am crapping myself if Halikas has to play

I think we have to focus on our strength - the midfield - and I hope all of:

Zags, Stelios, Basinas, Kargouns, Kats and Tsartas start

With Vryzas up front - and 3 pure defence - Giorkas, Kyriakos and Fysas

If this is the line up I expect to see at least 4 goals in the game

3-2 Ellada

Then we feed it to the Albanians 4-0

Zito

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

I think we have to focus on our strength - the midfield - and I hope all of:

Zags, Stelios, Basinas, Kargouns, Kats and Tsartas start

Unless Basinas and Katsouranis play defense, there's no way all will start in the midfield. My only expierence watching 6 real midfielders on the field (3-6-1) formation was coined up by (stupid :bangin:) 1998 USA World Cup coach Steve Sampson :tdown: :angry: . We all know how that turned out (32/32 teams) :LOL: :LOL:. . He is now making his living in MLS, not exactly one of the "name-brand" leagues. We also couldn't play with more than 2 "attack" minded midfielders due to our weakened defense (Tsartas Stelios, Zags is everywhere so he counts). A 4-4-2 will work well for us and allow us to use our strengths to our fullest advantages.

I know I might get yelled at here but I kind of wish Dabizas was called up

Dosen't Fyssas play on the left wing on defense? What about Goumas stepping in on the center left next to Kyraigos (if kapsis can't make it)? Though I would sub Goumas out for Vyntra later in the game. Dabizas playing is a little extreme, though in situations like these, it definately presents itself as an oppertunity.

It would also be nice knowing what's the deal with Amanatidis, Nikopolidis, and the other questionable folks, but Otto's stubborness prevails again. Though I'm confident he'll see us through to victory in these next 2 games :D :nw: :gr: .

Michalis Kapsis

Takis Fyssas

Angelos Basinas

Stelios Giannakopoulos

Giorgos Karagounis

Kostas Katsouranis

Giorgos Seitaridis

Theo Zagorakis

Angelos Charisteas

Zissis Vryzas

Nikpoloidis

This was the lineup vs Turkey - last time Dellas was out - 3 defence (plus Katsouranis)

I think Stelios can play further up _ I dont see Paps or Gekkas starting - so that changes things to a pseudo 4-4-2 - with Kats moving up a little and Stelios all over the field

That said - this lineup was fairly useless vs Turkey

0-1-1 without Dellas

2-0-1 with him

huge loss

and if Charisteas is out we need to shake things up thats why I ssuggest the thick midfield

Just found out that Georgia will be without a few starters....in particular Asatiani...this guy is the meat of their midfield...if he does not start...that is a massive blow to their squad...even worse than Dellas not starting for Greece. He did not practice, however, they are not sure if he will start . If I am not mistaken, this dude has step up most of Georgias goals...

The others are Gakokidze (mid & starter) and Gogua is banned for a month...

If this is the case, then I am sure Otto will adjust accordingly and have them come out blazing to the get the first goal within 10 minutes

will charisteas miss both games coming up ???

i know he will be missing the Georgia game for sure

Dellas like i said earlier as a outside chance of playing v Albania

what happenned to Amanatidis ???

Tsartas will not be starting

he can't last a whole entire game

i see him as a sub

i expect alot of Giannakopoulos and Karagounis on the offensive side of things

and off course i expect our Kapetanos to be that and so much more meaning Zagorakis

now lets go to Georgia and ruing their wc hopes

while we coutinue ours

Guest Protathlitis

If Nikopolidis doesent play and chalkias does instead, our chances will be reduced alot

my preffered starting line-up:

Antonaki

Seitaridis...Kyriakos...Kapsis....Fyssas

Kara...Basina........Zagorakis.....Giannakopoulos

............Charisteas....Amanatidis

Before Giannakopoulos had been in such good form I probly would have started Tsiartas ahead but Tsiartas is injured too..so

PAME OMAFUKINDARA

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

it looks like only Dellas and Lakis are out

Not bad

i got a feeling this is going to be high scoring

I hope everyone has a blast watching the game

ELLATHA :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Provlepo tin eksis endekada:

...............................Nikopolidis

Seitraridis...........Kapsis..........Kyrgiakos/Goumas..........Fyssas

.........Basinas...........Zagorakis............Katsouranis

.........Karagounis..................................Giannakopoulos

..................................Vryzas

ZITO I ELLADA!!!

Go Ellas!!! We can do it. :D

Guest Protathlitis

fukin injuries

so thats Dellas, Lakis, Charisteas all out???

and Kapsis, Tsiartas doubtful???

is there any others?

I'm still confused about charisteas - from what I've read (and Imust admit reading Greek gives me a headache- all those Satrudays in Greek school wasted - I should have focussed more and spent less time irritating my teachers) he is included in the lineup

i guess Kapsis is a game time decision - this is from Sportline

Just listening to a greek radio station via the web....expect a 3-5-2 formation. Otto wants to control the mid and wants a lot of set-ups up front.....who gets the start Kyriakos or Katsouranis???? As well, when will he use Tsartas...lazy he may be, but he knows how to turn the game around.

He said the first 20 minutes will determine the winner....he is expecting a fast tempo game and do not be surprised if a rookie gets the start and not Vryzas or Charisteas!!

Not an easy one for us tomorrow....if Georgia was in another group...chances that they would qualify

Has anyone heard of asiatiani??? Their top mid might not play...any updates???

Guest Protathlitis

I really hope Kyriakos starts ahead of Katsournanis as a Central defender

I get the feeling that otto likes him there but I cant stand it

Guest Protathlitis

tsarta is a vendetta, but he easily the most skilled greek footballer of all time.

easily? I cant say I agree with that at all. hes a magician but thats taking it a bit far

Archived