Phantis Forums

Transfers in january

CH-Thrylos

wow! ethnosport confirmed protathlitis' rumour about the american player. they say he is 19 and plays for the us youth national team. he participated in osfps training today.

does anybody have an idea what the name of this guy could be?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know a bit of this player b/c he plays in michigan state he is black

he played high school soccer where my brother goes to school at Cardinal spellman

he used to score 35 goals a year in highschool

in college he has like 30 something goals in 3 years so far

but not to much to hype on

but u never know

his name is knox cameron and as o11 said he played for michigan.

a closer look at the story:

Yanks abroad

i read in another forum that he is quite good (for american standards ;) ) so most probably it could be possible that he turns out in a prospect for the future.

the biggest problem of getting him is that we already have the maximum on non-eu players.

it is allowed to have 5 foreign players in the team right?

rivaldo, giovanni, schurrer, castillo and d'acol are the five foreigners in our team.

on osfps website d'acol is listed as a greek but on uefa.com they write brazilian.

so it should be these five.

to be honest cameron would have to impress bajevic very much to achieve it getting bought. i dont see any of the players above been kicked out to get a nobody from america. although he looks like he could turn out in a big talent. i dont think that they are going to risk something like that. the first four are to experienced and valuable to let them go and d'acol was bajevics personal choice to get him to the club and he believes in this kid.

the only thing i could imagine would be that we get cameron and place him or d'acol in the youth team or give them on loan to an other team.

lets wait till the end of the week and camerons trial. if bajevic likes him and wants to get him i dont think it will be very difficult since it would be a very big step for camerons career to play for osfp instead for one of the MLS teams.

lets see what comes out tomorrow. kokkalis should return to greece and hopefully we will enter strong in the transfer market and buy one or two good players.

Guerero is a great player, and if he would come to greece i would be really surprised. as for Cameron, he was a top player in the college. this guy would be -3x OKKAS........NCAA is sort of 3rd/2nd ethniki for america, and that equals our g ethniki at best. hes inexperienced, foreign, for the youth team maybe but for the first team could be the stupidest thing i have heard.

Guerero is a great player, and if he would come to greece i would be really surprised. as for Cameron, he was a top player in the college. this guy would be -3x OKKAS........NCAA is sort of 3rd/2nd ethniki for america, and that equals our g ethniki at best. hes inexperienced, foreign, for the youth team maybe but for the first team could be the stupidest thing i have heard.

he used to play soccer with Philipakos (the guy who never dresses for Olympiakos )

Cameron is only doing this just to gain some notablity and to see how high his talents are

in the end he won't help us during the season maybe in the future just maybe

Here we can see the different mentality of PAO and OLY fans....

Olympiakos is trying to get an ......AMERICAN football player, and OSFP fans try to say how good move this is...

Now on the other hand Imagine if PAOs management was thinking of getting an AMERICAN football player... What would have happened and what would everybody say? I just wander...

By the way if you ask me, when I was going to 1st grade and my teacher was giving lessons on OPPOSITE words i.e. black - white, night - day, when I saw the word AMERICAN I instantly found the opposite.... FOOTBALL!!!!! :P

Here we can see the different mentality of PAO and OLY fans....

Olympiakos is trying to get an ......AMERICAN football player, and OSFP fans try to say how good move this is...

Now on the other hand Imagine if PAOs management was thinking of getting an AMERICAN football player... What would have happened and what would everybody say? I just wander...

By the way if you ask me, when I was going to 1st grade and my teacher was giving lessons on OPPOSITE words i.e. black - white, night - day, when I saw the word AMERICAN I instantly found the opposite.... FOOTBALL!!!!! :P

hey paps, it seems as if you forgot to put your glasses on. nobody in here ever said he IS good or that it would be a good move getting him. if you read carefully you will see, that all in here are very sceptic about him. nobody said he is good, we only posted facts about him. and i believe everybody in here knows, that americans have a similar relationship to football like greece to skiing. :hypocrite:

the only possibility of getting him is like i said in an earlier post, that he would have to impress bajevic very much, which is quite impossible.

i just read he has about 10 kilos too much and that he hasnt played for a long time, and that makes it even more difficult for him to convince bajevic. he even used him as a defender in yesterdays training!

so please dont try turning the stuff written in here around so that it fits you to make fun about it. you know how some people react and what will follow. ;)

the only possibility of getting him is like i said in an earlier post, that he would have to impress bajevic very much, which is quite impossible.

i just read he has about 10 kilos too much and that he hasnt played for a long time, and that makes it even more difficult for him to convince bajevic. he even used him as a defender in yesterdays training!

How did Okkas ever mange to impress Bayevic than? If thats possible than mr super size me McDonalds has a chance.

How did Okkas ever mange to impress Bayevic than? If thats possible than mr super size me McDonalds has a chance.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

most probably bajevic thought that okkas would be as successful as he was with paok. as far as i remember he was playing very good there when bajevic was in thessaloniki.

if cameron hits nearly as many posts as okkas he might even get a spot in the starting line up. :LOL:

the reason this guy wont suceed is not because he played college soccer in the us, but becayuse the american stye of play is cmpletely different then the european and even the greek...now lemme ask everyne a question....if he was a greek-american, who you accept him more??

Pao123 I would like him even more. However I thinkhe could be good. PAO fans in general, you guys should know very well, that a nobody (Bykowski or Gonzalez) can be productive. Cameron could be surprising and pappou , the US national is team has a pretty damn high FIFA ranking :nono:

Come on, we had more of an idea with Gonzalez. He was coming from Rosario in Argentina and all the reports out of South America were raving on about him.

And Bykowski, even though he is backup we had seen him play at OFI which means he had Greek League experience.

But you are right - we have memories of nobodies, good or bad, prolly more bad, Zuta, Epalle, Raguel, Demba. Lol

Anyways, as a striker, I just cant help to have a negative thought about him if he is 10 kilos overweight. How will he move and sprint or jump or be able to accelerate from defenders. A striker needs to be able to turn quickly etc etc.

Plus the American style of football is completely different.

pappou , the US national is team has a pretty damn high FIFA ranking :nono:

Are you implying that Americans have a clue about football.... I remember of Alexi Lallas!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Come on, seriously the U.S. is probably the worst footballing nation of all time. I think that Nigeria is much better than the Americans!!! But then again which sport do the Americans know? :o And please, please, don't tell me basketball!!!! :LOL:

the US national is team has a pretty damn high FIFA ranking :nono:

you should LOOK at the WORLD RANKINGS:

as of DECEMBER 2004 - FIFA

1 Brazil

2 France

3 Argentina

4 Czech Republic

5 Spain

6 Netherlands

7 Mexico

8 England

8 Portugal

10 Italy

11 USA

12 Republic of Ireland

13 Sweden

14 Denmark

14 Turkey

16 Uruguay

17 Japan

18 ELLADARA!!!! -- -- ---- --- - --------- OMADARA!!!!!

19 Germany

20 Iran

If you think these rankings have a real indication of footballing status you are a moron, period.

USA is better than the EUROPEAN CHAMPION!?????? Stop there. these rankings suck already. they get points for playing Granada and El Salvador in qualifying and friendlies....SWEDEN??? didnt we beat them last friendly we played them? didnt they cheat to get to the next round of the EURO? then stopped in the second round? Republic of Ireland? wait were they in the EURO? what have they done recently? Turkey? what playing in an easy qualifying group and then losing to latvia 2 years after the easiest semifinal run in world cup history??? Japan???? Mexico???? this also says Greece is only 2 spots better than Iran........

i dont understand, Greece after 2 losses, goes 15 games unbeated including friendlies (which count on rankings), then wins the european championship and then is still below Japan and USA. please dont tell me you have any respect for these rankings.

PAIDIA, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT WHY NOT BRING KARAGOUNI TO PIREAUS. THAT WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING, SEEING HE CANNOT GET A GAME AT INTER, AND ONLY COMES ON AS A SUBSTITUTE. I HEARD MIDDLESBOROUGH WERE LOOKING FOR HIS SERVICES, BUT INTER REJECTED SO MAYBE MANCINI HAS PLANS TO USE KARAGOUNI IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SERIE A SEASON. IF NOT, KOKKALIS MUST SNATCH HIM AND BRING HIM TO THE LIMANI. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

PAIDIA, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT WHY NOT BRING KARAGOUNI TO PIREAUS. THAT WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING, SEEING HE CANNOT GET A GAME AT INTER, AND ONLY COMES ON AS A SUBSTITUTE. I HEARD MIDDLESBOROUGH WERE LOOKING FOR HIS SERVICES, BUT INTER REJECTED SO MAYBE MANCINI HAS PLANS TO USE KARAGOUNI IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SERIE A SEASON. IF NOT, KOKKALIS MUST SNATCH HIM AND BRING HIM TO THE LIMANI. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Great idea!

Now ALL you have to do is persuade HIM :P

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

he is good but would never in his life play for osfp. he is one of the most hated players by most of the osfp fans. and he is a vazelos. if he would come back to greece he would go to pao, maybe even aek or paok, but never osfp.

back to the topic. as most of you certainly heard it doesnt look as if we will get a new player. there is the possibility that we will buy zapropoulos and maybe aloneftis.

what do you think about this?

i'd say that we really need somebody up in front. and for once i have to agree with pappous statements that giovanni doesnt really do much in europe. he scores from time to time but it seems more to me that we loose the ball to often because of him when we are attacking. okkas has developed a very good sence of making direct hits on the post, although hitting the net looks much easier in the chances he gets. castillo isnt a striker and d'acol doesnt have the experience yet. so does filippakos.

i would love it if kokkalis would surprise us by signing guerrero but it doesnt look like. it looks more like guerrero will go to deportivo.

about our defence. sure, vallas is a big talent but with anatolakis and schurrer playing most of the league matches he wont get the experience needed in europe. kouloucheris still has to show his talent and kostoulas hasnt played much either.

bajevic has to give some players more time to play so that they are ready when they are needed or otherwise he has to get a player for the defence and a striker.

right now i'm not very happy about the statements our coach and president made. i hope they will change their minds.

Today, the President of Olympiacos, Sokratis Kokkalis, sided with the squad’s coach, Dusan Bajevic, with regard to his views on the issue with player transfers in yesterday’s press conference. Speaking along the same lines as Olympiacos’ coach, Mr Kokkalis announced that he would not be proceeding with any transfers, unless something extraordinary comes up in the football market. Otherwise, he noted, his team will go on as is.

thats a quote from an article i read, doesnt look good for u guys...

Archived