Phantis Forums

Turkish National Team

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CONGRAT TO ALL TURKS, YOU GOT THE SECOND SPOT NOW:),

Are you crazy The vikings will win in Istanbul -

You know ourt team is not experienced enough to handle with such a big pressure in fornt of their own people in Istanbul (Konstantinopoli like our greek friends prefere)

...yes it is nothing over....who knows who will go to Germany?

Turkish Football Federation and National Team headcoach Ersun Yanal decided to terminate Yanal's contract mutually after nine hours of discussion. The Turkish National Team performed inconsistently throughout the World Cup Qualifiers and never managed to beat a team over fifth spot. The coach's decision not to attend the Mediterranean Games hastened this dismissal process. There are a few candidates to be his successor, mainly Fatih Terim, Mircea Lucescu and Aykut Kocaman.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Turkish NT Squad For Games vs Denmark & Ukraine

GOALKEEPERS

Demirel Volkan - Fenerbahce

Usak Orkun - Ankaragucu

Ongun Ozden - Konyaspor

DEFENDERS

Ozat Umit - Fenerbahce

Baris Deniz - Fenerbahce

Ibrahim Toraman - Besiktas

Penbe Ergun - Galatasaray

Avci Koray - Besiktas

Fatih Akyel - PAOK Selanik

Ozalan Alpay - 1.FC Koln

Tolga Seyhan - FC Shakhtar

MIDFIELDERS

Balci Serkan - Fenerbahce

Sahin Selcuk - Fenerbahce

Buruk Okan - Besiktas

Metin Tumer - Besiktas

Hasan Sas - Galatasaray

Cimsir Huseyin - Trabzonspor

Gokdeniz Karadeniz - Trabzonspor

Hamit Altintop - Schalke 04

Belozoglu Emre - Newcastle United

Yildiray Basturk - Hertha Berliner SC

FORWARDS

Hakan Sukur - Galatasaray

Tekke Fatih - Trabzonspor

Halil Altintop - Kaiserslautern

Akin Serhat - RSC Anderlecht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zan Gokhan of Besiktas was also called up but he was severely injured during his team's 1-1 draw with Diyarbakirspor and a replacement player is expected to be called up shortly.

Our squad is injury threatanned and we are into seriuos trouble write now. Rustu, Tuncay and Necati :nw: were not called up because of injuiries and now it seems that both Serhat and Emre are out for about 15 days. Emre injuired against Manchester and Serhat against Slavia Prag. We will excpcet much from Altintop brother it seems.

KIRMIZI BEYAZ

EN BUYUK ...

TURKIYE !

You're telling me it's impossible to win in Copehagen, yet you need wins in KIEV & TIRANA along with Greece dropping points.

You'll surely slip a draw somewhere, the Ukrainians will go to play infront of their crowd and we all know how Tirana is (you remember your home match against them?) 7 points in 3 matches and we are in VIP, who needs a victory against the Danes ? :gr:

If you win in Copanhagen it would be a huge surprise for me.Not because we need Greece's losing points it is because you need a win.But you don't know how to play attacking football.But I must add this Olsen said ''Ukraine can give to match to Turks'' if we win in Kiev.Denmark will lose chance to go to Germany.They can give match to you as they did for Sweden.And if you lose point in Denmarka match and we won Ukraine nobody can stop us even we play in Tirana or the moon.Albania was not powerfull for winning us.Their win in Greek match was surprise you were still celebrating the Europan Cup.(and idont have a TURKISH flag to show)

An awful lot depends on the Ukrainians' approach to this game. If they go all out, Turkey will be in trouble, if they experiment (like a friendly), Turkey get three points.

The oddsmakers, however, seem to think the likeliest result is...a draw.

• 5 weeks later...

Irlande, believe me they gave it their all... Ukraine had three golden chances after we took the lead... Once they hit the post, next time they found the side-netting and the third time Volkan came to the rescue. I hope Denmark play truly well against Greece on Oct 8, just like Ukraine. If they do so and still lose, than there's no problem...

We could -despite all the s%$#! created by Ersun- still snatch aplay-off spot!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Protathlitis7

no way! not an easy game for turkey at all......

Switzerland has gotten much better they have a great youthful team...

since i live in switzerland i will be supporting them....

what was the opinion with dropping The Yakin brothers from the squad

I dont know much about it but seeing as hakan is one of swiss' best players I think it must be because they are playing against turkey and thats the reason they dropped them?

have people talked about it much?

mate, Hakan Yakin has been injury-hit since March 2005 and ahs played only a few games with his new team YBB since signing on July 2005. And Murat Yakin has retired from international football as good as I know.

by the way, it seems noone kept this thread busy during my absence... :(

Archived