Phantis Forums

Turkish National Team

we have to beat Georgia but I do not see any sparks at all... We were so awful vs Albania. Unless their centre-back Dallku made those two idiotic mistakes before the goals, we would now be talking about the resignation of Yanal.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKRAINE is gonna slip up points but whether it will be enough for any of the pack to catch them is a doubt... The game between TURKIYE v HELLAS in ISTANBUL will decide crucial things, I believe... Also DENMARK is without a chance in this group, I believe.

Guys, technically everyone but Kazakstan is in the runnings to get one of the two spots that lead to Germany, but after this matchday we'll start to see a good formation of the possibilities in this group.

IF Greece can do it's task properly, the Albanians are as good as gone for ANY sort of hope on paper and imagination. The Turks have a difficult match, because anything is truly possible. Turkeys form isn't that great judging from the ALB match, yet the Georgians surely have low morale after coughing up three to Greece on Satruday. It could go either way, judging who shows up and who doesn't.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is on a low. They lose their coach Oleg Blochkin, and now the Danes stand in their way. This is going to be a TIGHT group ladies and gents, buckle up.

i see greece and turkey or denmark qualifying.....albania unless they pull a miracle in karaiskaki are out.....georgia wont overturn and qualify, Ukraine slips up usually. Turkey has to get in form again to compete with Denmark. but if theres no win in Tblisis (they will make it difficult im sure theyll sell out and make some hostility) i dont think turkey will go through if they fail tommorow.....

i see greece and turkey or denmark qualifying.....albania unless they pull a miracle in karaiskaki are out.....georgia wont overturn and qualify, Ukraine slips up usually. Turkey has to get in form again to compete with Denmark. but if theres no win in Tblisis (they will make it difficult im sure theyll sell out and make some hostility) i dont think turkey will go through if they fail tommorow.....

i dont think turkey will go through if they fail tommorow.....

thats true...its very critical game for us..especially for coach Ersun Yanal...

this match his last chance i think. :box:

Apparently Turkey has a bad record more when they play at home rather than when they play away.... I think the critical match for Turkey is against Greece and against Ukraine in Kiev....

They have to beat Greece and at least get a tie in Kiev if they want to speak about going through to the world cup...

Also they have the home game against Denmark... I think turkey has the most difficult Schedule than both Greece and Ukraine...

Guest Protathlitis

turkey has no chance of making it to germany. this will be the second major tournament they've missed out on since the WC

If we had put away our chances at Karaiskaki it would certainly have been impossible

Nothing is decided yet and I have a feeling that even after the Turkey - Greece game, still nothing will be certain.

I don't think this group is wide open any more: it's between Ukraine, Greece and Turkey to qualify for Germany.

turkey has no chance of making it to germany. this will be the second major tournament they've missed out on since the WC

If we had put away our chances at Karaiskaki it would certainly have been impossible

turkey has no chance of making it to germany

:LOL: :LOL:

• 1 month later...
seems that we have dealt too much with our domestic calculations and forgotten the do-or-die match vs Greece in June. First of all, I hope it will be a friendly game and secondly, a win will be perfect and is much needed... We have 12 points right now and two behind Greece. Ukraine has 17 but they are to slip up points, I'm quite sure. If we win against Greece, then we will climb into second spot and hope Ukraine slip up. If we draw with Greece, however, we need a miracle afterwards. We have to win all of our remaining games and most importantly, beat Ukraine at Olympuyskyi... I cannot start analysing the game from our point of view since we have a very very inconsistent squad which 4-5 players change at every gathering! In Greek side, Traianos Dellas and Theo Zagorakis are out with suspensions and maybe further players till the game may get injured or suspended which is something we do not hope for cause we're first of all, gentlemen and sporting people...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the attendance ratings in our TNT forum is clearly below par! We may have the worst NT of last 10 years but nobody other than me myself and I seem to make any comments about the subject.

Damn ERSUN! :angry:

Archived