Phantis Forums

Skazni appointed Head Coach

Lalin

Interesting posts but the question is...how much control does Zaec actually have? Up to what point? There are a bunch of posts about Zaec the dictator then we see Panatha1's post saying the whole thing is exagerrated. Does anyone here know these guys personally or work for the team? Or know someone who does? What is one to believe? One thing I think we all can agree on and it's the fact that this club could be managed/organized in a much better way without the selfish "lets make a quick buck" attitude. Better organized means hiring really good reputable coaches who stay with the team at least several seasons, and reaching at least the last 4 in the CL regularly. Thats the way it should be!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe we have quality in our players....munch, gonzalez, skacel, pap, olisadebe, michali, basinas, kyriakos...i think thats good quality...look at the other times we made it well in europe...our quality was good but what made it there was our teamwork..

pao123..........

\

never compare your team of 3 years ago to this one...........

you had all these guys in stunning form compared to what?????????/

karagounis

basinas

michaelson

kollka

kyrigiakos

henrikson

nikopolidis

konstantinou was sensational

olisadebe

now the only guys are gonzalez and basinas. kyrigiakos has not regained his form, he was one of greece's best at the time.

and konstantinou is not that same player, has not been at that level since.

skakel is not as good as kollka, adric sucks,

your team is dried up of talent, especially GREEK TALENT!!!!

YOUR TEAM, USED TO MAKE GREAT PLAYERS, WHO WAS THE LAST STAR THEY MADE, AND DONT TELL ME SEITARIDIS BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT HIM FROM GIANNINA

did you read the last part of my message...and yes, we did buy seitaridis..but he developed into the player he is at pao...i never said we are as good of a team as we had 3 years ago, but our players are still quality and if our team builds in the right direction i think we can have good success in europe...i believe skacel will have a similar impact to kolkka...kolkka looked extreely similar when he was in skacels current position...i agree that we had better players, but they did so well cause they gelled together...i believe our players are quality enough that we could have good success in europe..

Friend im afraid your getting way too cocky in here. We were in the quarterfinals of the Champions league and had closed down Barcelona in their own half of the field for the last 20 minutes of the game and started firing away at their goal. Their Coaching staff and bench players were kneeling down on the sidelines looking at the clock and pleading with the referee to end the game. And we would have reached the semi finals of the champions leahue like we have several times before if it wasn't for 1 in a million style goaline clearances, animals being thrown on the field and 10 minutes being wasted, and their keeper nearly taking Olisadebes head off inside the box with no penalty given. So please, don't tell us what we have or do not have the quality of players to do what we want, and maybe focus on your team whos biggest achievment in europe is beating Olympiacos and the third strings of Manchester United.

another good post..damn mike, your on fire today... :D

last 4 in the CL?? :LOL: are you stupid? PAO doesn't have the player quality for half of that.

i would fully respond to this but it wastes too much of my time.

we do have potential....back when we made it to the 4 last time in 95 who were those guys????????????? they were nobody (in europe) at least until they proved themselves. same with the team that made it to the quarterfinals 3 years ago. same with godamn Porto the years before...

look, i'm not saying it can't happen, cause s%$#! happens, but to say you EXPECT no less then the semi's... IS stupid.

last time u were there as you say was 1995. it has been 10 years without repetition of that, so i'm just saying you can't EXPECT to do it again only cause you did it once.

and about 3 years ago, weren't u guys playing in a 70,000 people stadium at the time? i'd figure that has to make an impact.

Sorry if i offend you guys, but i really feel you should be more realistic, especially based on the shitty performances in europe last year and so far this year (Shoum's fault? maybe).

-----

And as for MY TEAM. Israel only joined europe in 1993, and i think that for a team with an 8million dollar budget, that can only place 5 foreigners (look at ur team, all foreigners), we made some good stuff in europe.

1994: 1/8 final of cup winners cup. 3-2 agg win on Torpedo Moscow, 1-0 win away on Parma (lost on shootout)

1998: 1/4 final of cup winners cup. Beating Reid of austria, and P.S.G 3-2 home and 1-1 away.

2003: qualifying for the first time for an Israely team to the CL (were 1 minute away from that this year getting a 90th min goal from your pals Rosenborg), Beating Sturm Graz who was 5 times in a row in the CL then, and cocky Olimpiakos, and united reserves (not a bad team at all, Solskjiar, Scholes, Forlan, Ferdinand, Nevilles, Oshae, Silvestre). And doing all that playing home games away from Israel!

We're very proud of that, obviously you can't compare greek football to israeli, simpley much more money and sport education on your side.

Also Maccabi haifa got some very good players to europe - Revivo, Berkovic, Benayoun and awat (Santander), Yakubu (portsmouth), Kandaurov (Benfica), Rosenthal and others.

-----

Anyway, i'm here to discuss your team not mine. this year even qualifying from your group will be an achievement as PSV are better then you as they proved in 2 games vs your 2 games.

Oreo4 you obviously can't read. My post says if the team were better organized we should expect to reach the last 4 regularly. I didn't say the team we have now will absolutely do it. And like the other guys have pointed out, we've done very well in Europe and beat some of the best teams in recent years. REALISTICALLY, it will happen again. Go **************

Oreo4 you obviously can't read. My post says if the team were better organized we should expect to reach the last 4 regularly. I didn't say the team we have now will absolutely do it. And like the other guys have pointed out, we've done very well in Europe and beat some of the best teams in recent years. REALISTICALLY, it will happen again. Go **********.

Yeah sure, if and if. wtf do you mean by "if the team were better organized"?! how would they get organized? by a better coach? would they get organized good enough to make the last 4? or maybe it'll get that organised when you get the best coach in the world? do you EXPECT to have a coach that would do that? well that's nice but i don't think you'll find one.

fact is your team is as organized as it proves to be. 10 last years, 2 good euro campaigns. So looking at these last years, which is what u should realistically do, you shoud EXPECT to reach the last 4 every 10 years, and a good euro campaign every 5 years. now, Shoum hasn't been there for 5 years have he.

I enjoy hearing you curse at me as it shows you have no real answers to give me.

look, i'm not saying it can't happen, cause s%$#! happens, but to say you EXPECT no less then the semi's... IS stupid.

last time u were there as you say was 1995. it has been 10 years without repetition of that, so i'm just saying you can't EXPECT to do it again only cause you did it once.

and about 3 years ago, weren't u guys playing in a 70,000 people stadium at the time? i'd figure that has to make an impact.

Sorry if i offend you guys, but i really feel you should be more realistic, especially based on the shitty performances in europe last year and so far this year (Shoum's fault? maybe).

-----

And as for MY TEAM. Israel only joined europe in 1993, and i think that for a team with an 8million dollar budget, that can only place 5 foreigners (look at ur team, all foreigners), we made some good stuff in europe.

1994: 1/8 final of cup winners cup. 3-2 agg win on Torpedo Moscow, 1-0 win away on Parma (lost on shootout)

1998: 1/4 final of cup winners cup. Beating Reid of austria, and P.S.G 3-2 home and 1-1 away.

2003: qualifying for the first time for an Israely team to the CL (were 1 minute away from that this year getting a 90th min goal from your pals Rosenborg), Beating Sturm Graz who was 5 times in a row in the CL then, and cocky Olimpiakos, and united reserves (not a bad team at all, Solskjiar, Scholes, Forlan, Ferdinand, Nevilles, Oshae, Silvestre). And doing all that playing home games away from Israel!

We're very proud of that, obviously you can't compare greek football to israeli, simpley much more money and sport education on your side.

Also Maccabi haifa got some very good players to europe - Revivo, Berkovic, Benayoun and awat (Santander), Yakubu (portsmouth), Kandaurov (Benfica), Rosenthal and others.

-----

Anyway, i'm here to discuss your team not mine. this year even qualifying from your group will be an achievement as PSV are better then you as they proved in 2 games vs your 2 games.

If you're here to talk about PAO then why did you spend 3/4 of your post talking about your team--as you put it. You highlighted all the great (and I use that term very loosely) moments of your team with the exception of those huge gaps between 94 and 98 and 04 where absolutely nothing happening with them in the CL. Your team is a blip on the radar.

The example of PAO's '95 team was brought up to show that even though they were a bunch of unknowns, they had an excellent coach who had them well organized. That's all.

And who controls the media?!??!!? Let's not go there!

Yeah sure, if and if. wtf do you mean by "if the team were better organized"?! how would they get organized? by a better coach? would they get organized good enough to make the last 4? or maybe it'll get that organised when you get the best coach in the world? do you EXPECT to have a coach that would do that? well that's nice but i don't think you'll find one.

fact is your team is as organized as it proves to be. 10 last years, 2 good euro campaigns. So looking at these last years, which is what u should realistically do, you shoud EXPECT to reach the last 4 every 10 years, and a good euro campaign every 5 years. now, Shoum hasn't been there for 5 years have he.

I enjoy hearing you curse at me as it shows you have no real answers to give me.

i agree we arent going to make the top 4 that often ----even for HUGE teams like Fagchester United or Real, Inter, Bayern this is unrealistic. and this year top 4? come on this is pretty stupid- with whatever coach we have. big success at this point is the next round...

Oren, the only thing we mean by euro sucess is being well respected. Getting to the next round, giving a fight to the big teams etc.....(also we had 4 good campaigns the last 10 years, not 2) i dont know where you get the impression we are gunning for the top 4... yes eventually but not anytime soon with current management........

my team rules.

:LOL:

Rules what?

And another thing Oren, you stated "....obviously you can't compare greek football to israeli, simpley much more money and sport education on your side."

Given the fact that you yourself have admitted that greek football has more money and sport education to it, by extension the people would also have to be more educated about the subject matter as well.

When you're ready and educated enough to have a civil discussion about this subject matter instead of giving us a childish statement like "My team rules", then by all means come back and chat. Until then, I think you might find that people aren't going to take you very seriously and just not talk or respond to whatever you have to say.

:LOL:

Rules what?

And another thing Oren, you stated "....obviously you can't compare greek football to israeli, simpley much more money and sport education on your side."

Given the fact that you yourself have admitted that greek football has more money and sport education to it, by extension the people would also have to be more educated about the subject matter as well.

When you're ready and educated enough to have a civil discussion about this subject matter instead of giving us a childish statement like "My team rules", then by all means come back and chat. Until then, I think you might find that people aren't going to take you very seriously and just not talk or respond to whatever you have to say.

lol my team is not the subject here (gee can't i simply mention it and let it be) therefor i do not respond to any of your attempts to put it down.

this discussion has been completely civil on my side. you and your friends on the other hand, have a problem sticking to the main issue.

so to finish off, i'll just say you can't blame Shoum for your bad europian season last year. and even if you can, it was only his first with the team, and maybe this year he would have done better.

your team keeps bringing tons of new unproven players each year, and selling some of your better ones. in that manner you cannot expect doing too well abroad.

Just look at your team, it does not have the needed quality. PSV are a much better team, Stuttgart were a much better team, that's all.

and still, i totaly understand your ambitions to do well. after all your team is seeded in the 2nd quality group, and you have seen success before and want more of it. And sure, you can call not passing this group a failure, but you gotta know the chances are even better for other teams playing against you.

Friend im afraid your getting way too cocky in here. We were in the quarterfinals of the Champions league and had closed down Barcelona in their own half of the field for the last 20 minutes of the game and started firing away at their goal. Their Coaching staff and bench players were kneeling down on the sidelines looking at the clock and pleading with the referee to end the game. And we would have reached the semi finals of the champions leahue like we have several times before if it wasn't for 1 in a million style goaline clearances, animals being thrown on the field and 10 minutes being wasted, and their keeper nearly taking Olisadebes head off inside the box with no penalty given. So please, don't tell us what we have or do not have the quality of players to do what we want, and maybe focus on your team whos biggest achievment in europe is beating Olympiacos and the third strings of Manchester United.

Oh and by the way, i can't remmeber ur sorry team beating united reserves last season, can you?

Archived