Phantis Forums

whats up with ertsat?

I'm not so optimist that they will show anything on ERTsat. Last year they had acquired the TV rights of some clubs, that's why they were broadcasting the matches of the weekend on satellite (even in tape delay).

Knowing some things, I don't think they'll bother trying (and even paying) for tape delay matches. Last year ERT were pressed by politics to buy the rights of these clubs. Can't see that happening for overseas broadcasting.

The best and only weapon of yours, people, is to break down the phone center of ERTsat, asking when they'll have the matches on.

Phone +30 210 6066518 and enquire (don't tell them where you got the number from ;) please)

You can also send an e-mail to Sportime letting them know of the need of Greeks abroad to watch Greek League. They are quite sensitive about that issues, and they might even have a whole article about it and press things in their own way.

(http://www.sportime.gr/contact.asp?catid=1)

leonidas112, you are correct in saying that ERT-Sat was showing some of the games because ERT acquired the rights to some teams. They were kind of forced to do that by the government, since some of the smaller teams could not get a TV contract with Supersport or Alpha. Incidently, ERT-Sat was showing some of those games live as well.

But they were also showing on tape delay games from Supersport for at least 3 to 4 years that I remember. That was part of the deal that had to do with the 3-minute highlites that Supersport provided to ERT for the Athlitiki Kyriaki show. This included league and Greek cup games.

I am still optimistic that ERt-Sat will start showing some games on tape delay. Unfortunately they do things in Greece at the last minute, and I think this is another example. It might not hurt to keep calling ERT-Sat and demanding they show some games. You can also try e-mailing them. Their e-mail is [email protected]. Dont expect a reply though.

leonidas112, one questionI have is why would Sportime be sensitive about the games overseas?

I completely agree with you Ziaka. Maybe it'll take some serious time before some matches are on, but hopefully that will happen (in Greek time sense: very soon :LOL: ).

Sportime newspaper has shown much interest of promoting Greek football (and sports) in the 'healthy' way and commercialize it as much as possible, in the good sense. They are supporting whatever it will bring football a better image and more publicity (and sales, of course). Their last move was to gather e-mail messages from many people in order to press Euroleague in basketball to name the cup 'Alfonso Ford' after the American's unfortunate death.

They also own Supersport FM and they have a link with Supersport TV, so they could (maybe) press Supersport to allow even tape delayed matched to be broadcasted by ERTsat.

(no prob, Spiro)

question:

they dont show a ethniki which blows now but do they show basket and Athlitiki kyriaki????

drakos13 : they showed osfp-pao in basket on sunday, did you miss it ? and yes, athlitiki kyriakh is still being televized. as far as A ethniki rights, they'll be showing them as well. (soon hopefully)

Archived